Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning commute along south M50

Options
  • 10-05-2007 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Was offered a summer job in Clondalkin. Trouble is I'm living in Clonskeagh. What's the commute like? Google maps is telling me 18 mins drive but 75% of it is along M50 so I'm thinking I'm unlikely to be able to hit 120km very much at 8.30am!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Most of your route along the M50 is also limited to 60km/h! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

From Clonskeagh to Clondalkin you'd be going north bound on the M50. And more than likely taking the red cow exit.... That is a bit of a nightmare to be honest. The roadworks all along that road don't help either.
    Give yourself enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

"Give yourself enough time."

The question is how much is enough? Roughly? If it's too much I won't even consider taking the job. It's only a few summer months of work I'm looking for!

And as for the southbound thing I was obviously half asleep and quite disorientated this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah summer months should be fine. Once the schools are off, then traffic flows remotely well in this city.
    I'd say 45 minutes, depending on what route you intend to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I say get a motorbike...vroom vroom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I say get a motorbike...vroom vroom!

Advertisement