Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Man Movie

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I think between that and the Mark 1 suit it's gonna be awesome. Casting Robert downey Jr was already a great move considering idiots like Leonardo Di Caprio and Tom Cruise were angling for the role; plus they're using the Mandarin as a villain so it should be an actual decent film.

I'm curious as to which Mark 2 suit they'll use, would be kind of nice to see the red and silver one.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

I also heard that Nicholas Cage wanted to get his dirty hands on this one too. Grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 54,213 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

can't wait for this movie

big fan of Iron man and still watch the cartoons

Yeah I've been watching the 90s cartoons too - I think they're great. The "sex scene" with his personal trainer in the first episode had me laughing my ass off :P

*edit* I read somewhere too that Mandarin was gonna be in it, but then I thought they might be confusing it with the animated movie, because the site I read it off looked a bit unreliable, and I usually take IMDB as being the latest news on movies and they say nothing about mandarin. Thats just me though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum! And also the film and comic fans in me heartily approve :D But I'm gonna have to ignore mention that Leonardo Di Caprio and Tom Cruise were considered for the lead role. Short untalented actors the lot of them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well, those two were more angling to get the role themselves rather than being considered. But then again I think that was when New Line had control over the film option, which given some of the crap they've put out is par for the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I really liked the cartoons when I was younger but can't find them at the minute. Anyone able to help out?

I really liked the cartoons when I was younger but can't find them at the minute. Anyone able to help out?

Play.com to the rescue!

Looks like a DVD collection of the whole series, and for under 20 euro it's a bargain!

I don’t think this is the original 1994 series, it doesn’t have the same episodes, and there is definatly more than one series.

• Advertisement

It does look from the cover image that it's more like the 1966 Marvel Superhero cartoon, but who knows. That said, further searching unearthed this boxset, but I have no idea if the site is reliable...

In fact, although TVBoxset.com has them as well, it doesn't look like there's anything much in the way of legit boxsets of the 94 cartoon at all. As mentioned on the marvel boards, this may change when the movie comes out, but for now there's not much on offer.

Iron Man was launched on the 1st of September 1994 and lasted on the 1st of February 1996. It was an animated series focuses on the life of a billionaire that met an accident and invented a solar-powered armored suit that gave him super-human powers names Tony Stark also known as the Iron Man.

Iron man battles with the evil forces like Mandarin and the power of his ten deadly rings. And for him to protect his company, Stark Enterprises, he is joined by Force Works his own team of allies and friends like Hawkeye and War Machine. With a vast range of weapons and armour and with his allies at time they claim their victory over their foes.

I wouldn't trust a site that put this up lol :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Spriggan

The new suit looks great, although a lot like Ultimate Iron Man in the not so great Avengers movie.

Oh and I just wanted to stick this on here too for anyone who didn't already know - Theres a Watchmen movie coming out, and I also hear that HBO are taking on Preacher with - get this- the Undertaker as the saint of killers, except with someone elses voice dubbed over! I've seen some pics of Arseface make-up tests, they're pretty gruesome. Apparently, Samuel L Jackson, a fan of the comics, wanted to play the saint. Lol.

*EDIT* Arseface - ewww http://www.keef.net/images/200501/Arseface.jpg

Samuel L. Jackson as the Saint of Killers? Am I the only one who finds the concept of a black cowboy, serving in the Confederate army (even the ghost of one) just the tiniest bit unrealistic. I'm aware that I'm probably going to get flack over this, we're all supposed to be equal opportunity viewers and ignore the fact that bad things happened in the past but it's starting to really piss me off that producers/directors/whoever keep dropping black actors into roles that are unsuitable given the history they're based on!

Cool pic of arseface though :)

I agree and think it's a bit cack, actually. Particularly considering that Ennis, despite any other problems I might have with some of his writing, is bright enough to tackle this sort of issue head-on in Preacher (such as the reference to killing Mexicans and passing their scalps off as being Navajo Indians, or the whole thing with Jesse's sidekick in the Salvation storyline) and, well, no. Bad Samuel L! BAD. No cookie for you!

There again, it still doesn't compare to the thankfully sh*tcanned suggestion for a Preacher movie starring Cyclops as Jesse...what next, casting Jessica Alba's talentless ass as Tulip? (And no, being widely lusted-after does not count as a talent).

Well apparently these days you just have to be a fan of the comic to get a part. In that case, I'll play Tulip! Yay I can dye my hair blonde :D

Hmmm, I need to find me some sort of comic-to-film project starring a cranky cynic with a taste in flamboyant shirts and I'll be all set for fame and fortune! (Well, fame, anyway. Though possibly not the good kind, given the reaction my shirts tend to garner.)

(That said, I maintain that my shirts are spectacular and you're all unappreciative bastards if you don't like them).

I sense a rant brewing... Time for some more valium-laced tea methinks. Or maybe it should be valium-laced icecream :rolleyes:

Arseface for the win, incidentally :D

• Advertisement

This is slightly ot (but not really since they made the dark tower into a comic :P ), but I heard that the person who makes Lost bought the rights to make Stephen Kings The Dark Tower into a movie! Apparently, he bought the rights for like $10 or something and thinks he can cram it all into 3 movies!?!?! I also heard the reason he got it so cheap was because no one else would ever try to make such an epic into movie form. But then my boyfriend told me that Stephen King sells the rights to his books to be made into movies for a dollar. And they're gonna get Hugh freakin Lawrie to play Roland!! What the hell is wrong with the american people, Hugh Lawrie is not sexy or cool! Hes a total dork! Gargh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Hugh Laurie would be savage as roland. obviously Clint a decade ago (or more) would be cool. Watch House, Laurie is sweet.

Back on the topic of the awesomeness that is the Iron Man movie...

Check out footage from the film that was shown at Comic Con!

Downey Jr fits the role very well (far better than I can imagine Tom Cruise or Leonardo Di Crappio doing, for example) and, well, tell me that the suit doesn't look bad-ass, even the clunky grey Mark I armor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I done a bold stain when i seen that clip. cant wait.

First official trailer released.

The more I see of this film, the more I look forward to the theatrical release next year. *squee!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Phantron

That looks fantastic! There's every reason why this should be the greatest comic book movie yet.

Advertisement