Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Camera

Options
  • 10-05-2007 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Im currenly working abroad and had my coat nicked in a pub at the weekend. In it was my digital camera.

Ive only had the camera about a year so as you can imagine Im very p**sed at this. The coat I can do without, despite it it only being bought last month.

Ok, so here my question - I have warranty that I bought when I got the camera at Dixons. I havent been home to check what it says but Im wondering if I can claim anything with it? Know its a long shot but I may as well check it out.

The other thing is, should I report it to the local police to ensure travel insurance and all that crap?

Cheers,

stooge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

stooge wrote:
    Hey all,

Im currenly working abroad and had my coat nicked in a pub at the weekend. In it was my digital camera.

Ive only had the camera about a year so as you can imagine Im very p**sed at this. The coat I can do without, despite it it only being bought last month.

Ok, so here my question - I have warranty that I bought when I got the camera at Dixons. I havent been home to check what it says but Im wondering if I can claim anything with it? Know its a long shot but I may as well check it out.

The other thing is, should I report it to the local police to ensure travel insurance and all that crap?

Cheers,

stooge

If you bought the extended warrenty with Dixons then yes...you are covered for theft...you will need to report it and get a report number from the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

catch--22 wrote:
    If you bought the extended warrenty with Dixons then yes...you are covered for theft...you will need to report it and get a report number from the police.

Thanks for the reply. I think I have the extended warranty but I'll have to check when I get back. Will also have to fin out what the process is over here for reporting things stolen.

Cheers

Advertisement