Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for badminton?

Options
  • 10-05-2007 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for someone who likes to start play badminton with me once a week at Lawn Tennis club during the summer, preferably Mondays or Tuesdays. My friends are useless when it comes to regular activities and the lack of regular sports is driving me mad.

You don't have to be good. In fact, I put the "bad" in badminton ;)
    Post here or PM me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Wouldn't mind a few games of badminton. Always looking for the family to play when they are home and its always , yeah yeah we will but it never happens.
    Very unfit though. I am not great at it but would say i could hold my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I'd be up for this, but couldn't commit to every week. Haven't played in years, though.

How much is membership in the Tennis Club these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

I'd be up for it also - however very unfit and rusty - been years since i played. Do you have to join the tennis club or can you just book a court for an hour or so..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

I'd be well up for a game - Wednesdays would suit best (apart from May 23rd). What time were you thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Think you can just book a court for an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

GLTC charges a tenner per person (unless you're a member) and 3 yoyos for the court I think.

To kick this off, how about a double on Wednesday at 7?
    I need 3 commits. Commit - if you say you'll be there you must show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

I'll be there!

Cool! That's me and zeusnero. Enough for a singles game.
    We need two more. Anyone else up for Wednesday?

How did the first session go?

zeusnero took me to school on the first session but there's my dodgy knee.. and my back..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Well done zeusnero!

biko wrote:
    zeusnero took me to school on the first session but there's my dodgy knee.. and my back..

and don't forget that the strings on your racket were loose ans saggy as you hadn't played for so long...:D

Advertisement