Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gloom has lifted

Options
  • 10-05-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

For the most part of the season I've been a miserable old sod. The glass has been mostly half empty. My bitterness surrounds the false hope I had going into the season based on our 6 months in 4th place during the previous season. I should have known better, dreams shattered by October. And the knife twisted by the goon kids in our league cup surrender.

I still have many issues (leadership, set pieces, bottle etc...) but if we win our last 2 games and finish 5th again I will be happy.

I suppose 5th is our rightfull place given the money, players, stadium, manager etc.... It is up to Levy to make us a force good enough to challenge for the big 4.

So com'on Spurs, make 5th your own this season and send a weary old campaginer into the summer with hope for the future.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Fingers crossed for tonight!

And we seem to have a great back-four on paper, but there's a lack of leadership and organisation for crosses and set-pieces; if we can sort that out and stop conceding stupid goals, we'd definitely on for a top three spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

almost there now guys ... its in our own hands so if we fail to make the UEFA cup we can only blame ourselves ....

Advertisement