Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best intro sequence

• 10-05-2007 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

What the title says. I've been watching Voyager about 4 days a week on the train now for a good while. Up to season 6 now and I'm only just starting to tire of the intro sequence. Started watching some TNG a while ago and it struck me how dated the intro looks (ofc, the enterprise is a much cooler looking ship though).

Also...the yawn factor of the DS9 intro and the omgSoBad factor of the enterprise intro partially put me off both shows, so it's clearly important.

Which intro do you think is best?

Which intro sequence is best? 29 votes

The Original Series
    0% 0 votes
    The Next Generation
    10% 3 votes
    Deep Space 9
    20% 6 votes
    Voyager
    44% 13 votes
    Enterprise
    24% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭MjM

The first DS9 seasons without the Defiant were boring, but with the Defiant cruising through the stations pylons it got way better and it showed how busy the station was with extra runabouts and ships added after the first few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

DS9, from season four onwards, gets my vote.

Voyager had a very nice intro too, but these days it just reminds me of the cheesiness of the show itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The Original Series' intro sequences, or pretty much any external view of the ship flying for that matter, always make me wonder why nobody ever took a look at the navigational controls to try to figure out why the was always taking off towards the 11 o'clock position rather than straight ahead...

I quite liked Enterprise's intro, actually. Voyager also had a good one, especially the bat **** crazy "bet you can't fly under that solar flare" bit right at the start. What the hell was Neelix serving that day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i voted ds9 for the reasons above but as soon as i clicked vote i realised it should have been tos

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I'd have to go along with what has been said already. DS9 gets my vote, after it added the defiant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

1)--DEEP SPACE NINE-- ( from season 4)
    2)--TNG---( because of Picards voice)
    3)--Voyager ( i like it)
    4)-- Kirk---( it makes me laugh)
    5)--Enterprise --( i hate the song)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

If we can pick specific episodes ill pick enterprises in a mirror darkly parts I and II intro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

The rusticness of the original series gets my vote. Kirk kicks ass. By far the best music in all trek is in the original series. The fight music when Kirk fought Spock at his pon farr. Its in the cable guy if anyone remembers the film. Definitely the best music by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Must admit I don't think I've ever seen the defiant version of the DS9 intro. I'm surprised that people find it better than the voyager into, so I'll check it out. I am glad to hear that they didn't stick with the original yawnfest though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

DS9 all the way. I think it was the best series in every way, except for how it finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

it has to be the next generation, with picards big introduction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Just my 2c - I think the Voyager intro is way ahead of the others visually.
    The only thing that lets it down is the reflection of the ship in the particles of the ring system they are flying over - its totally on the wrong scale and makes it look like voyager is almost as big as Saturn or whatever. Other than that its sublime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

TNG looked very good in its day - with the Patrick Stewart VO etc

that said I liked the original Enterprise intro - the one with the
    half beat intro music. The history of flight video from the Wright
    brothers through the first warp flight to Enterprise was good, like
    some sort of into to a "future" Discovery Channel program !

Shane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I never watch any of them. Just click ahead. But I would have to go for DS9 above any of the others. By the way, did anyone else ever hear this thing about being able to see spocks face in the trail of the comet at the start? Apparantly it's there, but I've never been able to make it out, or find any pics online of still image...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Enterprise, I think its cool: but I skip all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 risaphoenix

Regardless of what can be said about it (it was definately not the best star trek) i would have to say that enterprise has the best opening. i love voyager, its my favorite, and i like the opening, but it gets boring and i usually fastforward through it now

Advertisement