Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Another new DT song

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

MUCH better! sounds good, tho i would have liked to have heard more lead. i reckon theres some that isnt in that vid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Lads this album wont disappoint ye. It's a much more solid release than Octavarium in my opinion. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Haha, it's bloody hilarious but I know a chap who's a huge DT fan yet refuses to listen to ANYTHING before the new album comes out. He watched the new DT vid on mute so that he didn't spoil the song. He asked me to watch the vid even though I'm not a huge DT fan just to tell him what it was like. Hiliarity will ensue.

As mentioned I'm not a huge DT fan but it does sound like they've changed a bit to reflect the Roadrunner style of things.. still, it seems pretty good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sounds excellent. ;)

Really looking forward to the album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Oh man, wait til you hear The Ministry of Souls. Godly is a good description.

Can't wait til I own this CD!!

• Advertisement

I think I prefer Constant Motion to this one, but still, sounds like it'll be a very good album.

Very much along the same lines as Train Of Thought, so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

yevveh wrote:
    As mentioned I'm not a huge DT fan but it does sound like they've changed a bit to reflect the Roadrunner style of things.. still, it seems pretty good :)

Except the album was done and written long before DT settled on a label, so Roadrunner have nothing to do with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I think I prefer Constant Motion to this one, but still, sounds like it'll be a very good album.

Very much along the same lines as Train Of Thought, so far.
    Its got the heavieness of train of thought allright but to me the songs seem VERY different. Im still undecided though on the material ive heard.

Looking forward to hearing the full thing.

Also....myungs back playing music man basses? I thought he always used his tung basses in the studio?

Here's another new one for you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

The album is mental! So much better than Octavarium it's not funny. I've given it two or three listens and I'm really into it. Not a bad song on it imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

3rd song is good but still not great, im starting to worry about this album :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Just listening to the whole album. Liking it first time through. Most tracks are very guitar orientated. Petrucci hasn't held back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

p!sses on octavarium from the 13th floor*
    you cannot compare the two.makes you wonder was Octavarium just a odds and ends album they decided to just put out to get rid of it, for example Reload

*reference to the murder she wrote on bbc at the moment "murder on the 13th floor". I LOVE BEING SICK FROM WORK!

Advertisement