Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Responses to the hench men

Options
  • 10-05-2007 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Just had some guy at the door there canvasing for Sean Barrett...

I work at home and was in the middle of wrecking a server I was building while I heard the knock... he acted shocked when I answered. After 30 seconds or so I got "are your parents in?" (I'm 25!!) I just responded no... as he started to walk away he turned "can you vote?", I just said "i'm sure I can"... after another pause I just said... "Listen i'm busy I work at home and i'm in the middle of something...".. "Sean Barrett is here, would you like to speak to him?" ... "who? no... bye"

I should have said something like :

"I'd love to vote for someone that doesn't recognise 25 year olds as voters."
    "So you doubt that a 25 year old can own a house? What ya gonna do about it chump?"
    "How much do i have to pay you to stop talking?"
    Dress up like Hitler and keep asking them about their policy on Jews
    Go out and ask perfectly good questions, but everytime they go to answer stick your fingers in your ears and go "NEEE NAAWWW NEEE NAWWWW"... and after everytime you do it, say you were only joking before and ou won't do it again
    "So I hear your into global cooling..."
    or
    "So how are you going to save this cheerleader... and how will it save the world?"

I know alot were ****... but it was a 15 second (edit: due to scenarios where brain storming may not apply) thought shower... any other ideas? Thinking of youtube'n a few :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senator

I'm a teacher and we're not allowed to say "brain storm" anymore in case of offending those with learning difficulties. We have to say "thought shower" !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Senator wrote:
    I'm a teacher and we're not allowed to say "brain storm" anymore in case of offending those with learning difficulties. We have to say "thought shower" !

So the right shower can have a thought shower, sheesh!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Before the election was called I had two lying smartass FF canvassers call to my door. When asked if the pamphlet was recycled (it didn't say on it), I was told thatit was 3/4 recycled and the bottom 1/4 wasn't.
    I then asked if their candidate (whose name I can't recall - Fitz something I think) was around. The man said that he was a few doors down the way. The lady then corrected him and said how he had to rush off to a meeting.
    All I could say was that if he was interested in my views he knew where I lived.
    Strangely he hasn't called!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I give a one line answer: My vote is not in this constituency.
    Which is true-working in Dublin but culchie to the core;)

They seem to lose interest immediately then.
    I thought they might ask me to support their party candidate in own constituency but so far the PD's are the only party who have does this. The others just leave.

Not much cooperation and solidarity between the branches of the other parties obviously.
    The whole "Bertie's Team" motto is a myth.:eek:

Advertisement