Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You know the road safety add....

• 10-05-2007 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

....not not that one. The one where a bunch of english kids are talking to each other and its being captured on a mobile and then one of the kids walks out onto the road and gets run over. Someone told me today that its an actual video clip of the kid getting knocked over and his parents let them use it to warn other kids, so i told the fella that told me that that he was stupid and laughed at him, but a few people standing around backed him up. So just thought I'd check, is it a real clip or not?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I know the clip. Never heard anyone say anything about it being real before, though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'd say no, but it is very well done all the same.

The Think! Road Safety website says this about the ad:
    "The commercial is shot entirely on a mobile video phone and shows a group of real friends having a good time walking along a suburban street. One of them begins to cross the road, but is distracted by his friends. He looks one way as he steps into the road, but a car comes from the other direction and knocks him down."

Real friends doesn't mean it's a real occourance, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Nope its not real. I watched a short "Making Of" style program on it one night, think it was on one of the Music Channels. Just a bit of digital trickery....
    Videophone. Filmed on a mobile phone camera, it shows a group of teenagers who are joking and showing off in front of the camera as an unseen friend films. One of them turns to cross the road, but only looks one way and is run over by a car coming from the opposite direction. To make the effect as realistic as possible, the creative team asked a real group of teenage schoolfriends to film themselves with a camera phone, then "added in" the crash with a stuntperson. Slightly ironic is the fact that in Glasgow, there is a popular mobile phone video entitled "Ali stops a bus", which shows a similar thing but with a bus, and was "performed" by a young English boy named Ali. He survived, according to members of YouTube who claim to know him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

So, what does the road safety add?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Heh.

Definately not real footage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Pigman II wrote:
    So, what does the road safety add?

d's for every one
    bugs me too

Advertisement