Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Saloon 2.0 TDCi

Options
  • 10-05-2007 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi All!

Can they be bought in Ireland or is it only smaller sized diesel engines ? Saw it on whatcar.com but that would be UK specs.

What is the verdict on the post '05 saloon focus anyway ? Particularly the diesel version.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ChewyLuey wrote:
    Hi All!

Can they be bought in Ireland or is it only smaller sized diesel engines ? Saw it on whatcar.com but that would be UK specs.

What is the verdict on the post '05 saloon focus anyway ? Particularly the diesel version.

Cheers!

I don't think the 2.0 TDCi Focus is available in Ireland even as a special order. The VRT on 2.0 litre engined cars of this size has literally priced them out of the Irish market. The closest available is the 115bhp 1.8 litre TDCi which was carried over from the previous model Focus. The other diesel available is the 1.6 litre TDCi which only has 90bhp these days.

You could try a Ford dealer though to confirm that the 2.0 litre is or isn't available as a special order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

bazz26 wrote:
    I don't think the 2.0 TDCi Focus is available in Ireland even as a special order. The VRT on 2.0 litre engined cars of this size has literally priced them out of the Irish market. The closest available is the 115bhp 1.8 litre TDCi which was carried over from the previous model Focus.

You could try a Ford dealer though to confirm that the 2.0 litre is or isn't available as a special order.

Even though it was carried over from the last model wasn't it only introduced fairly late in the life of that model. The older ones had a TDDI engine.

I'm driving the 1.8 TDCI one now and it packs a lot of punch and has good acceleration and good torque

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Onkle wrote:
    Even though it was carried over from the last model wasn't it only introduced fairly late in the life of that model. The older ones had a TDDI engine.

I'm driving the 1.8 TDCI one now and it packs a lot of punch and has good acceleration and good torque

Totally agree.

The thing is Ford used to offer the PSA 1.6 TDCi with 110bhp, they then reintroduced the 1.8 TDCi and reduced the power of the 1.6 TDCi to 90bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

bazz26 wrote:
    Totally agree.

The thing is Ford used to offer the PSA 1.6 TDCi with 110bhp, they then reintroduced the 1.8 TDCi and reduced the power of the 1.6 TDCi to 90bhp.
    Apparently (at least what I read over in the UK Ford Focus Owners Club forum) it's got something to do with the limited availability of the DPF used to achieve Stage IV emissions with the same power output on that engine. So in the UK you can get a 90PS version that's been de-tuned to achieve the same effect, or a version with the DPF at the same output of 110PS. In the UK Stage IV is quite important for company cars which pay less BIK tax when they're Stage IV. Funny thing is though that you can still get the 1.8TDCi in the UK as well, alongside the 110PS 1.6.

Advertisement