Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermittent Broadband fault

Options
  • 10-05-2007 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I've had the above for about eighteen months now, with it just not connecting to the server for no apparent reason. I've been on to BT tech.support each time and they say from their end it appears to be working correctly but there are several disconnections showing for each day when there should only be one. The lastest check is to have the line tested but this has been done before and it showed up as normal. Has anyone any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

If you have the BT adsl modem (the votager 210 ) there is a faulty batch seemingly that constantly drops internet connection. This has been happening to me for the last 6 months or so. BT have promised to send out another modem but that was over a month ago. since then they have "remembered" that they didnt charge me for the modem in the first place and tagged the cost onto our latest bill. So I've been charged €33 for a modem that doesnt work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Phone line was tested today and the engineer said it was earthing within the house. I was told that before and then it was working properly. I've done a ping test by:

Start>Run>CMD>type in ping bbc.com –t

Press CTRL C to see how many disconnections.

The reult was a 6% loss. BT said there should be no loss - has anyone tried this test and with what result?

Advertisement