Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More wisdom tooth Qs (sorry!)

• 10-05-2007 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

I did read over the other threads on wisdom teeth, but I still have some questions about them and if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

Firstly, even if there's nothing wrong e.g. impaction, does it hurt a bit when they're coming through? I have my bottom right coming through now and although I am very aware that it's happening, and it is a little sore, it's not distracting me from everyday activity. More irritating.

Secondly, I've looked up a few things that have said it can be quite important to get them out if there is infection or impaction or anything, so should I go to the dentist just in case?

Lastly, will a regular dentist do? And if not where would I go?

I'm a student, but I'm on my parents' VHI plan so would that cover it if I had to get it taken out?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I have the same issue. Occasionally I feel twinges for a few days around one tooth (they've been coming up for years now, not making much progress!). Now though I have a bit of a stronger pain around my bottom left one. I think part of it is breaking the gum. But it's a bit swollen and hurts to open my mouth completely.

I'll be in the US for the summer, with no dental care. I don't have time to get it looked after before I leave. Do you, people of the forum, reckon I'll be okay?

Advertisement