Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Justin Barrett running for election?

Options
  • 10-05-2007 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

I havent heard much about this guy since the 2004 mep elections where he ran in the East Constituency.
    Anyone know if he is going for election ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Christ I hope not. I'm sure if that facist lunatic was running some publicity would have bound to have surfaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

If he goes by the name Richard Boyd, he's running in Dun Laoghaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

No that's a less nuttier version.

I'd be surprised if JB is not running, anything is possible with him though. Haven't seen or heard anything of him in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

you'd be sure to hear of his bent politics during the miss D trial if he was running, maybe God took him for other duties :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

could someone please enlighten me on this Justin Barrett

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

county wrote:
    could someone please enlighten me on this Justin Barrett

You really dont want to know! Crazy conservative facist, leading figure in Youth Defence

Well his Wikipedia is probably the best impartial read on the man - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Barrett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

You really dont want to know! Crazy conservative facist, leading figure in Youth Defence

Well his Wikipedia is probably the best impartial read on the man - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Barrett

I had a feeling Gerry McGeogh would feature in there some where!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Justin Barrett...he reminded me of a cross between Daft Dave from the rightpricetiles adverts and Kenny Bania from seinfeld.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Jeeze if wikipedia article is true or close to truth (yes I know some of what is on there is incorrect) then there are over 10,000 Justin Barrett supporters in Leinster outside Dublin. I know they may have supported him over the abortion issue but that is still scary...

Where is he these days, surprised not to hear from him over D case?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

It turns out he was right about mass immigration from Eastern Europe, though. What he predicted happened. All of the major political parties insisted this would not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Someone with a Norman surname has some cheek complaining about immigration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

What was he right about immigration?

I once met JB's former history teacher. I was tempted to ask him if he felt he had contributed something towards his political views, but he seemed like too much of a nice man. Apparently he was a very gifted student, and very precocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

InFront wrote:
    What was he right about immigration?
    He simply predicted mass immigration. The government said it would not happen. They were wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

Justin Barrett...he reminded me of a cross between Daft Dave from the rightpricetiles adverts and Kenny Bania from seinfeld.

Excellent.. I agree Daft Dave has an uncanny likeness in tone and timbre to
    J Barrett ;) perhaps he is doing a stint as a voice-over artist nowadays ;))

-ifc

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭11.3 SECONDS

I had forgotten about this little chap.

My last recollection of hearing him was on Vincent Browne's radio programme around the time of the last elections. He seems to have gotten a particularly rough ride that night for which I think he got an apology for his treatment.

Thereafter, however, I never heard of him again.

I am sorry that he is not running because I believe it very healthy to hear his perspectives as that wakes the rest of us up out of our collective complacency to what some people are actually thinking about certain issues and that they still exist. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

He simply predicted mass immigration. The government said it would not happen. They were wrong.

no gov never said mass immigration wouldn't happen they simply put it as needed workers to sustain the growth rate.

Advertisement