Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politician sightings ¬_¬

Options
  • 10-05-2007 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

just thought it'd be good to have a thread to share instances of local (or otherwise) politicians in your area (or indeed... another area :)).

A few days ago I saw Charlie OConnor FF TD in the Square Tallaght... Not unusual cos he's 'Mr Tallaght' and all that, so ya always see him around.

Saw Seán Crowe SF TD just earlier today! He was in Tallaght village buying a bouqet of flowers :o He payed the pay and display thing even though he was only in the shop for a minute tops. Politicians always have to be seen to be above board and proper, don't ya know! :D

I didn't personally see him, but my mam said that Gerry Adams SF MEP was down in my local shops (Dominics) today and there was a few cameras on him! One of the more high profile politicians reported to be in the area... shame I didn't catch a glimpse.

Also Pat Rabbitte Lab TD was on my road doing a bit of canvassing a couple of weeks ago. Skipped my house though! :mad:

So yeah, who did you see during your travels? :) Were they doing anything embarressing, like breaking into a car, or picking their nose?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Gerry Adams was walking around Navan, as was Gerry Kelly a few days after.
    Enda was also running around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

DaveMcG wrote:
    Saw Seán Crowe SF TD just earlier today! He was in Tallaght village buying a bouqet of flowers :o He payed the pay and display thing even though he was only in the shop for a minute tops. Politicians always have to be seen to be above board and proper, don't ya know! :D

Not to worry. He'll claim it back as in expenses I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RalphCifaretto

I saw loads of them all over the lamposts and traffic lights and all. Bleedin' mental.

Bertie Ahern, John O'Donoghue and Tom Fleming (FF)
    Breda Moynihan Cronin (Lab)
    Jackie Healy Rae and Mike Healy Rae (Ind)
    Tom Sheehan (FG)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

FF
    Sean Ardagh TD
    Seamus Brennan TD
    Tom Kitt TD

FG
    Olivia Mitchell TD
    Alan Shatter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

have met plenty of cronies but chris andrews (FF) in the only actual candidate I met

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Met Richard Bruton a while back. A perfect gentleman.

Also met Finian Magrath in my local. Another decent man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Jim O'Callaghan twice at the triangle and Lucinda Creighton at the luas in Ranelagh. Havent seen Mickey Mc D out and about but when I do I think I'll heckle him.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

No-one. I've only had 1 canvasser here in Kilkenny.

1 cronie in Dublin South so far for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Charlie O'Connor (FF) and Brian Hayes (FG) to my door in the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Simon Covney handing out fliers Tuesday morning - seemed like a nice guy from the ooohhh 5 seconds I knew him?

Advertisement