Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine service

• 10-05-2007 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Hi All - does anyone know of someone in the Waterford area that would do servicing/maintenance on a washing machine?

We 'inherited' a Whirlpool washing machine when we moved into our new house, and it works fine, but it sounds like an earthquake in the kitchen sometimes esp during the spin cycle so hoping it might be fixable to save us having to fork out for a new one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 muckalee

is it a new washing machine?sounds like like the stabiliseing bolts were left in.There fitted for transporting reasons so that drum of machine is kept from moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the leader 64

i know a person and not too expensive.

contact me if you want his address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

muckalee wrote:
    is it a new washing machine?sounds like like the stabiliseing bolts were left in.There fitted for transporting reasons so that drum of machine is kept from moving.

No its not a new machine - we moved into the house over a year ago and it was here when we moved in. I'd say its probably at least a few years old anyway. Would it still work fine if those bolts were left in? The noise has been in it all the time we've been here but only getting around to trying to sort it now!

yes it would work fine until it comes to spin cycle then it would have all the symptoms you described.Have a look at the back of machine & if you see three bolts forming a triangular shape on machine!eg. one on each side & one on top.If you cant see any bolts its possible one of the stabilising springs may have falling off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

muckalee wrote:
    yes it would work fine until it comes to spin cycle then it would have all the symptoms you described.Have a look at the back of machine & if you see three bolts forming a triangular shape on machine!eg. one on each side & one on top.If you cant see any bolts its possible one of the stabilising springs may have falling off.

Can't see any bolts on the back.... reckon I'll prob just need to call someone out to have a look. Any ideas how much it'll cost to fix if those springs have fallen off??

• Advertisement

doesnt sound like theres to much wrong with it.You could do it yourself take top off & you will see two springs on each side of drum see if there connected to drum & frame of machine.if theres one after falling off you will see where to put it back on.

Advertisement