Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console games on PC = stuck on RE4 and TMNT :(

Options
  • 10-05-2007 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Ok, so consoles are stealing all kinds of games these days, but a few make it onto PC with a few annoying controls lazily tacked on with no consideration for my WASD & Mouse mightiness!
    I am stuck in the following offending games:

Resident Evil 4:
    The "Sprint away from the big rock rolling down the path" bit early in the game, it says mash the 3 button :rolleyes: , which I'm pretty sure I've mapped to Right Ctrl (which works for sprint in normal gameplay)
    Anyway, the rock always gets me about 7 seconds in no matter how frantically I mash that key, what's the dealio??

TMNT (2007):
    First Donatello bit, after the sewers he gets onto this metal grate walkway bit with red lights that track him, and the only way to go is around the ledge on these big vertical pipes, except every time I jump to the second one he plummets to his death, no matter how I try I can't make it, and I can't do any special moves to run up the pipe or double jump or anything.

I've already checked GameFAQs but they're all written for consolers, I feel like these otherwise fun games are laughing at me with thier console controls! Please help! :p

I can get screenshots of the bits if it'll help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Get a 360 wired controller.

Perfect pad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

BopNiblets wrote:
    Resident Evil 4:
    The "Sprint away from the big rock rolling down the path" bit early in the game, it says mash the 3 button :rolleyes: , which I'm pretty sure I've mapped to Right Ctrl (which works for sprint in normal gameplay)
    Anyway, the rock always gets me about 7 seconds in no matter how frantically I mash that key, what's the dealio??
    Had this problem aswell, turns out I got my numbers mixed up. Try all your other buttons, it was shift for me.

Did you get the update for this? It adds in all the lighting and fog that was left out, makes it look a completely different game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Yeah I updated right after I installed it, there was a MouseAim patch some guy made too but I didn't get it to work, ah well the controls are annoying but I'll get used to them.

I almost forgot, I "aquired" another old console game that was ahrd to find in the shops or on eBay, Batman: Vengeance, and wouldn't you know it, there's a bit in it I also plummet to my death each time, jump down a waterfall and do something (I think I should have payed more attention to Alfred!)
    Lols, I suck! :p

Edit: Yeah, thanks Ciaran500, my sprint key is Return for it, now all I need to do is find which ones make him leap out of the way! Oyyy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Did you get the update for this? It adds in all the lighting and fog that was left out, makes it look a completely different game.

Just to keep off topic for a bit longer, does the patch make it look like the console versions, or just a little bit more like them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

BopNiblets wrote:
    TMNT (2007):
    First Donatello bit, after the sewers he gets onto this metal grate walkway bit with red lights that track him, and the only way to go is around the ledge on these big vertical pipes, except every time I jump to the second one he plummets to his death, no matter how I try I can't make it, and I can't do any special moves to run up the pipe or double jump or anything.

Other than telling you not to bother playing this :) I think I know the bit you're talking about. Go all the way "up" and then jump, and he'll make it across.

In case "up" isn't clear, when you jump onto the pipe and make your way around, don't stop in the middle on the side you're supposed to be, keep going a bit.

And I'll totally second Timans' suggestion, the 360 pad just plain rocks, and you can get the wireless one for the PC too (I've seen the wireless pad plus the wireless dongle for it in one kit in Peats in town, for €50 IIRC).

But but... I'm a PC gamer! My hands will not bend in that way to hold a controller! :p

I'll give that a shot cheers!

I think it looks good with the patch, but the video sequences aren't as good (probably recorded before the patch!)

All the videos are recorded from the PS2 version.

I got past the TMNT bit I was stuck on, thanks koneko!

Now the RE4 bit, what do you guys with consoles press to leap out of the way?
    I discovered Sprint (Mash 3!) for me is Return, but not the leap out of the way bit, so I'm still getting creme de la boulder'd!

Cool!

That RE4 bit, you have to sprint repeatedly (I played on the GC so it was mashing A), then you have to press two buttons at once, at least on the console versions (like the two shoulder buttons or A and B).

• Advertisement

Did a wee bit of search for you, looks like there's plenty of people complaining about the PC version and this bit. On one page some people posted this info, hope it helps:

For everybody who got stuck with the boulder run: 1st tap Enter as quick as you can, then press R. Shift and L. Shift at the same time. Good Luck.

Then someone else said:

That’s not totally true, sometimes it is Fire & Run

For default settings (if you didn’t change gamepad settings after installation),
    1+3 = Fire + Run
    5+6 = Ready Knife + Ready Weapon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ciaran500 wrote:
    damn it... i'm torn between getting stuck into the pc version now or waiting for the Wii version:o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

tman wrote:
    damn it... i'm torn between getting stuck into the pc version now or waiting for the Wii version:o
    Wii version -- since it's a Capcom port, they'll put at least 10mins into the controls :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

good point...
    hopefully play.com and co adjust their prices to reflect the supposed "budget" price

Advertisement