Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Gel/Wax Product for my hair?

• 10-05-2007 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I've a terrible head of hair. I get it cut short as I've no option and It'd probably get about a week before I'm not happy with it. I'd get it cut about every 3 weeks but if I didn't feel like a fool I'd get it done every week. :)

I've very thick hair.
    When it's dry it's really frizzy
    I've got a that annoying thing on the front of my head which I think they call a "calves lick"? Actually I have 2. If I try to put my fringe up there's one part that just won't stay up, if I try to keep it down there's another part that goes up. So annoying.

I want to keep my hair down normal with the fringe kind of outwards. Just a typical look really. I was out on Sunday night and I had the dreaded bryl cream in my hair. Every time I went to the toilet I had to wet it and "lift" the fringe because it just looks terrible when it's down.

Hope you can help. Cheers.

I should say that I prefer to have the wet look.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Brylcream Ultra Strong, the purple one, highest strength gel you can get.

This stuff: Brylcreem_Next_Generation_Ultra_Gel__5602726.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭GaryL

Cheers, I'll try that. I've been using the red tubs of brylcreem usually so hopefully this is better.

To be honest the biggest problem I have with gels is walking outside in the breeze. It just makes it look like you've gotten out of bed. I'll get this tomorrow anyway and post back with my thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

But doesnt it make your head all hard and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭GaryL

damnyanks wrote:
    But doesnt it make your head all hard and stuff.
    That wouldn't bother me at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

fish wax from boots.
    smells really nice too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

fish-moulding-wax.jpg

bf swears by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

that or wax by trevor sorbie

ehero.jpg

either of those are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

if your hair is fairly thick none of the above will really do a decent job.

this is the stuff you need, it's a bit on the pricey side tho.

Crew-Styling-Gel.jpg

there's a barbers of suffolk st that has it but I think most would order it in for you if you have problems finding it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

GaryL wrote:
    To be honest the biggest problem I have with gels is walking outside in the breeze. It just makes it look like you've gotten out of bed. I'll get this tomorrow anyway and post back with my thoughts.
    Dry your hair with a towel as much as possible before putting in the gel(Presuming you've just showered). If your hair is wet it'll weaken the gel and cause it to fall down. Also, if possible, wait until the gel is dry/nearly dry before leaving the house. If you can't and you find the wind messes up your hair when the gel is still wet try drying it with a hairdryer(on low power as not to blow your gelled hair out of place) before you leave the house.

Wax is horrible stuff to put in your hair IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

Where can this Trevor Sorbie range be acquired, anybody know? The link suggests Boots, but I've never seen it in any. Thanks.

Also anyone know where you can get a strong matt wax? So difficult to find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

well i get mine in boots

ive seen it in all boots shops ive been in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

onenightwonder.PNG

I use it, i swear by it. never let me down in around 2+ years (and also has a v.nice scent of citrus fruits)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Also anyone know where you can get a strong matt wax? So difficult to find.

Zoo Hair Salon - sebastien evokatív disobedient - a messy matte paste.

I love it - works two ways, on dry hair its a stiff, but reshapeable paste - like wax but dry and matte. On wet hair, is stiffer and a bit shinier more like a gel.
    Expensive, but worth it.

"Disobedient messy matte paste allows your hair to feel a bit rebellious. This creamy paste instantly grabs and directs hair into unruly textures that remain pliable."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

American Crew Fiber Wax. Trust me, everything else is ****, especially people saying you should buy Shockwaves or Brylcreem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Wax is good but sleeping with it in gives you spots and its difficult to wash out. Try fructis clay or fibergum jelly stuff, (usually in womens seection) towel dry your hair and apply awhile before you go out because allpying it to wet hair means that 15mins lateryour style is gone

Advertisement