Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice places to eat in dublin city

Options
  • 10-05-2007 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

im looking for a nice place to eat in the city for friday ngiht with the misus, not too expencive, but not too cheap to give her a bad image. chinese/irish/indian, anything. i dont really know dublin well so anything helps

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

#Elites wrote:
    Roleys in Ballsbridge? you'd need to book..it isnt THAT pricey..above average, but great food.

its just by the US embassay.

Rolly's is brilliant. I always give a restaurant a mental mark out of ten after eating in it and Rolly's is the only place I've ever given a ten to. It's not cheap but it'll definitely impress the wife.

Saba (Thai / Vietnamese) is great too, though it can be a little noisy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭daenis

If you're looking for somewhere in the city Luigi Malone's is nice. A bit cheaper than Rolly's and its in Temple Bar. If its busy they can rush you sometimes though. It shouldn't be too bad on a friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

daenis wrote:
    If you're looking for somewhere in the city Luigi Malone's is nice. A bit cheaper than Rolly's and its in Temple Bar. If its busy they can rush you sometimes though. It shouldn't be too bad on a friday.

ah get out of that.

OP there is a lot of very ery good restaurants in dublin - numerous. I suggest you buy the book the dubliner 100 best restaurants... available in all bookstores, and contains pretty much all the good spots, also search this and the food forum for peoples favourites

http://thedubliner.ie/dining.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

There are lots and lost of reasonable ethnic places. Try HoSen (near the central bank in Temple bar) Really good Vietnamese. Or Saba on Clarendon st. Saba is Thai/Vietnamese with really good cocktails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Theres an entire thread on this in the food/drink forum
    Also, menupages.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I personally wouldn't head to Roly's. The food is good, but it's cramped and the service is fast and hurried. Instead, head across the road to the French Paradox wine bar. Delish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I'm with Dudara on Roly's, but because it's inconsistent, not because it's busy. Roly's mostly gets by on reputation now. My recent ( last three/four years) experiences have ranged from the very good, through the mediocre, to the downright not paying the bill!

Trocadero in Andrew st (?) is good, with nice atmosphere too!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

rolys is actually like 3 doors down from her house so wouldnt have gone there anyway!

ended up getting the luas out to dundrum and ate in Dante's italian restaraunt.

it was brilliant. very well priced food and a great selection, recomendations to anyone!

cheers for all your help anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

nipplenuts wrote:
    I'm with Dudara on Roly's, but because it's inconsistent, not because it's busy. Roly's mostly gets by on reputation now. My recent ( last three/four years) experiences have ranged from the very good, through the mediocre, to the downright not paying the bill!

Totally agree, visit pretty regularly (only because work is paying for it!!). Food is, for the most part, good, service is shocking, room is always busy/noisy and cramped. It gets by now becuase it has a pretenious/status element.

I'd recommend:
    Mint in Ranelagh, can get set dinner for €65 and food is fantastic.

Diep Le Shaker on Pembroke Lane, one of best Thai restaurants in city, its lovely there on thurs/friday nights when Jazz band play.

Yamorii Sushi on Ormond Quay, or some nice little Italian places in the "italian quarter" just round the corner....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lilwyrdsis

Yamamori - Georges Street and Tanta Zoe's in Temple Bar are nice (from what I can remember, I am coming home to Dublin soon and Yamamori and Aya are the first place I want to go visit again!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement