Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus A8V Problem

Options
  • 10-05-2007 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I am having a Bit of a problem i got new ram i currently have 512mb pc 3200 and got 2x 256mb i have 4 slots on my motherb and if i use the two right then its fine, if i put the 3 sticks of ram in the motherb i am getting an error in the bios on the startup saying a CPU Overclocking system error.. could it be the 2 left slots are broken to say this error is coming up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

your new ram may be the problem try slot 1 and 3 and see if it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

I have that motherboard and apparently it only accepts RAM in matched pairs i.e. slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 - three stick's won't work. Try swapping the two 256mb sticks for a 512mb and pair with what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

That kinda sucks as i bought the ram off someone on boards the otherday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

perhaps the ram is clocked differently and so you need to set them all the same in the bios. I have the 754 version of your board and and although it only has 3 slots, 2 of them will only work for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

I have some 512mb Twinmos 2x256 pc3200 http://www.guru3d.com/article/content/110/ if you want to fill all slots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement