Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residential Information Pack 2007: cutlery stealing

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Providing that your romantic dinner is with your computer. Which, considering the people likely to buy it, won't be a million miles off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Undergod wrote:
    No he didn't. He got in trouble for putting a fork in a not plugged in toaster.

This may not be true. This is just the version of the story I heard.

I was in his class. We had had a load of fire drills that year and then there was an actual fire and the next day the fire warden was in. The guys (saying it was just one is a bit unfair) had put a fork in their upplugged toaster and stook a piece of paper with "fire hazard" written on it on the toaster. Actually rather funny, though not according to the site office.

(and i know that this has probably been posted already)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Providing that your romantic dinner is with your computer. Which, considering the people likely to buy it, won't be a million miles off the mark.

*pats macbook*
    He didn't mean it. Don't worry. We all know that I would not let you go near nasty nasty wax.

I was in his class. We had had a load of fire drills that year and then there was an actual fire and the next day the fire warden was in. The guys (saying it was just one is a bit unfair) had put a fork in their upplugged toaster and stook a piece of paper with "fire hazard" written on it on the toaster. Actually rather funny, though not according to the site office.

(and i know that this has probably been posted already)

Was this the year of the Great CTYI Shower Fire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

That year was 04, I'm pretty sure, though I wasn't there.

My first year was 05. One day, little Ruthie got into the shower. An unearthly screaming filled her ears. She had no idea what the **** she had done to cause it. The shower story she'd just heard didn't really help. Slowly she copped on that it was the fire alarm - thanks, Toaster Boy ;)

(That is, Session 1 05 toaster boy, with his piece of bread that was too fat. James, in other words.)

• Advertisement

why must ALL fire alarms happen just as I am about to eat something? ALWAYS. (and it is usualy a food which only last a certain amount of time. Like cereal which has the milk in it)
    /rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Thursday* wrote:
    That year was 04, I'm pretty sure, though I wasn't there.

My first year was 05. One day, little Ruthie got into the shower. An unearthly screaming filled her ears. She had no idea what the **** she had done to cause it. The shower story she'd just heard didn't really help. Slowly she copped on that it was the fire alarm - thanks, Toaster Boy ;)

(That is, Session 1 05 toaster boy, with his piece of bread that was too fat. James, in other words.)
    Twas '04, since Cat was there. Poor John, can still remember the look on his face when he was informed his shower had caught fire...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Hahaha forgot it was John's room.

Yeah, 'twas '04. Didn't know if that's what you were on about.

You know you're in trouble when you see Dr. Sheila at Res

You certainly are if you see her at res this year. She's not worked for CTYI for three years.

You're in so much trouble it's caused a TIME PARADOX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Y'know, John still blames me and the following two weeks or whatever it was for a lot of his ill-health and stuff he had for a while? It was the squalor and ready availability of vast quantities of assorted cola drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Raphael wrote:
    Twas '04, since Cat was there. Poor John, can still remember the look on his face when he was informed his shower had caught fire...
    hehe, shower fire. I remember washing using a cup, and the sink :E. I was spotted several times hoofing many many pizzas out of spar. In my last year, I got creative, brought a saucepan and started making pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Undergod wrote:
    You certainly are if you see her at res this year. She's not worked for CTYI for three years.

Her room on campus was the room next to mine that year. It made the whole "getting caught out of your room threat" a little more well threatening. Seeing as *occassionally* one talked their way out of it with an ra.

(only occassionaly and years and years ago)

She never stayed in her room. The name on the door was like the little red light in Mass, only with a more sinister purpose behind it. She stayed at her home.

If you saw her at res this year, it wouldn't mean you're in trouble. It would mean that the Glorious Revolution has taken place, Colm has been defeated and she's been freed from the sniper tower next to the Cafeteria. It would mean the good times are here to stay!

Her room on campus was the room next to mine that year.

Staff bedrooms always made things awkward. Like the time we sang obscene songs outside Willy Bartley's room at lights out. We didn't actually realize it was Willy's room til the end of the second verse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

THAT'S AMORÉ!

Or something like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That was indeed Amoré...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Jack Lynch wrote:
    She never stayed in her room. The name on the door was like the little red light in Mass, only with a more sinister purpose behind it. She stayed at her home.

If you saw her at res this year, it wouldn't mean you're in trouble. It would mean that the Glorious Revolution has taken place, Colm has been defeated and she's been freed from the sniper tower next to the Cafeteria. It would mean the good times are here to stay!

Hang on.....what's wrong with Colm? Don't get me wrong, that's a very witty and amusing and somewhat beautiful post but what's wrong with Colm?

I like Colm.... He let me record the Talent Show. ANYBODY who agrees to let me open that bag of worms is a good person. (or just delusioned as to how much trouble a kid with a shot-gun mircophone and a macbook can be)

Hang on.....what's wrong with Colm? Don't get me wrong, that's a very witty and amusing and somewhat beautiful post but what's wrong with Colm?

There's nothing wrong with Colm. I think he's sound. He willingly gave away his name tag to somebody in my class when asked back in '05. I asked Catriona....

All I was saying is that for Dr. Sheila to come back (and CTYI's Golden Age, complete with Hub discos, to return), Colm would have to be, shall we say, deposed...

• Advertisement
Advertisement