Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Contract

Options
  • 10-05-2007 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what NTL are like about breaking a contract. I have 5 months left on my contract with them, but i am moving to a new apartment which has NTL already.anyone know how are NTL are about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Possibly you could try to switch accounts to the new address - assuming that's an option.
    If not, you may well have to fork out for the last 5 months to cancel the contract. Or are new tenants moving into where you left?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

new people will be movin in here but i dont know if they want ntl + bb.i think ill just ring them and explain. see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Are you moving into an appartment to share with others? If so, then ntl might be ok with letting you cancel your account, then again they might not. If they get stroppy fcuk them, they won't know your new address anyway so what can they do.

If you're moving into an unoccupied appartment that you have bought/are the leaseholder of, then you just transfer your account to the new address. This is a simple process which only requires a phonecall. You bring the same decoder box/modem etc. with you and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Careful though, when I was with esat it took them over a month to reconnect me to the new place. Check how long it will take an average for them to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i moved couple of times over the last six years and had no issues moving accounts as most places i moved in were in NTL coverage. after all, there was only one point at those places. not sure if transfer will work if there is already account in the house but surely you can ask for another point for your own account.

Marty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Irlei

Hi, I have the same problem. I opened a contract with NTL in December and since then I had so many probs with wrong bills etc. Calling them everyday, they said they were going to fix it. They never did. Still waiting for last bill to check if finally they got it right.

What is FUNNY is that I am leaving Ireland next month (my work contract expires and they do not renew it) and I have to close my contract with NTL. Do you think I will have to pay the remaining period of 6 months?

Please help. Anybody in the same situation? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

just got another bill from them and surprise surprise its wrong again. Thats 6 bills not one right. I am just not going to pay it and let them contact me to sort it out i couldn't be bothered dealing with those idiots again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Irlei wrote:
    Hi, I have the same problem. I opened a contract with NTL in December and since then I had so many probs with wrong bills etc. Calling them everyday, they said they were going to fix it. They never did. Still waiting for last bill to check if finally they got it right.

What is FUNNY is that I am leaving Ireland next month (my work contract expires and they do not renew it) and I have to close my contract with NTL. Do you think I will have to pay the remaining period of 6 months?

Please help. Anybody in the same situation? :(

OT : Why the hell did you sign up for a 12 month contract with NTL if you knew you were not going to be here that long? The mind boggles :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Maybe at the start to make job attractive they said it just a standard clause and no problem on renewal.

Often agencies and employers try to make temp positions seem long term to get higher quality applicants.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Jumpy wrote:
    Careful though, when I was with esat it took them over a month to reconnect me to the new place. Check how long it will take an average for them to move.

Esat/BT is ADSL, NTL is cable, installation times for cable are historically much much faster ;)
    Installation with NTL generally takes a week or two as it really only depends on when they can dispatch an engineer to your premises and when your available to let them in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

irishguy wrote:
    just got another bill from them and surprise surprise its wrong again. Thats 6 bills not one right. I am just not going to pay it and let them contact me to sort it out i couldn't be bothered dealing with those idiots again.

If you are not going to pay a bill you should cover yourself and write to them explaining exactly why. Never just 'do nothing' - it gives them the moral high ground in the event of a dispute later. And dont forget if you are on a direct debit your band and NTL will each make a charge if a direct debit is returned unpaid.

Advertisement