Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, 11-12/05/07

• 10-05-2007 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

For those who can't stand the excitement of British football, so intense that Jose prescribes watching soaps instead... :D
    11 May 2007
    Bohemians :cool: 7:45 Longford Town
    UCD 7:45 St Patrick's Athletic
    Waterford United 7:45 Galway United
    12 May 2007
    Sligo Rovers 7:45 Cork City

Setanta Cup
    Linfield 8:00 Drogheda Hallions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

First Division

Friday May 11th
    Kilkenny City vs Athlone Town - Buckley Park 7.30 Draw
    Limerick 37 vs Cobh Ramblers - Jackman Park 7.45 Away
    Finn Harps vs Dundalk - Finn Park 8.00 Home
    Wexford Youths vs Monaghan United - Wexford Football Complex 8.00 Home

Saturday May 12th
    Kildare County vs Shelbourne - Station Road 7.30 Draw

Massive match for Shels on Saturday. Not only because Kildare are our local rivals this season :) but 3 points badly needed if we're to kick start our season but I'm predicting another stalemate as we're taking ages to gel!

11 May 2007
    Bohemians 7:45 Longford Town Home
    UCD 7:45 St Patrick's Athletic Away
    Waterford United 7:45 Galway United Away
    12 May 2007
    Sligo Rovers 7:45 Cork City Away

Setanta Cup
    Linfield 8:00 Drogheda Hallions Home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

4 draws and a 1-0 win for linfield.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Absolutely horrible fixture lists this week for betting purposes. Every single game screams out dodgy. The only one thats remotely tempting me so far is Kildare to beat Shels @4/5. Kildare a decent side and played well against Dundalk last week. Apart from that though, yuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Pighead wrote:
    Absolutely horrible fixture lists this week for betting purposes. Every single game screams out dodgy. The only one thats remotely tempting me so far is Kildare to beat Shels @4/5. Kildare a decent side and played well against Dundalk last week. Apart from that though, yuck.
    You should put a punt on nil-all between UCDD and Pats. There's been (I think) 3 goals between them since UCDD came back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

First Division

Friday May 11th
    Kilkenny City vs Athlone Town - Buckley Park 7.30 - Away
    Limerick 37 vs Cobh Ramblers - Jackman Park 7.45 - Away
    Finn Harps vs Dundalk - Finn Park 8.00 - Home
    Wexford Youths vs Monaghan United - Wexford Football Complex 8.00 - Draw

Saturday May 12th
    Kildare County vs Shelbourne - Station Road 7.30 - Home

11 May 2007
    Bohemians 7:45 Longford Town - Home
    UCD 7:45 St Patrick's Athletic - Away
    Waterford United 7:45 Galway - Draw
    12 May 2007
    Sligo Rovers 7:45 Cork City - Home

Setanta Cup
    Linfield 8:00 Drogheda Hallions - Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Think Drogheda will beat Linfield. Bohs are also worth a bet at 1.75 on betfair; Longford and Waterford are jointly the 2 worst teams in the division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Cant wait for the Cobh game!!! Its the closest thing we have to a derby and they have already knocked us out of the cup so there is some bad blood there, come on you super blues!!!

Grrr i couldnt get to the match, anyone have tonights scores?!!!

www.xscores.com
    Your boys got a creditable 0-0 draw against a good Cobh team. Bohs won 5-0.
    Pats were 2 up but drew 2-2 in the end and it looks like the Dundalk have got a draw up in Donegal.

Cheers Pighead, fair play to Finn harps in holding dundalk to a draw!
    First division is still wide open.

• Advertisement

Cheers Pighead, fair play to Finn harps in holding dundalk to a draw!
    First division is still wide open.
    Race for 2nd is pretty open alright. I'd expect Dundalk to pull away after the next 4 games. 3 home games against lowly Kilkenny, Monaghan and Shels and then an away game against Athlone(who we beat 6-2 a few weeks back). Pighead expects at least 9 points from those games.

Premier Division here we come!

Pighead wrote:
    Race for 2nd is pretty open alright. I'd expect Dundalk to pull away after the next 4 games. 3 home games against lowly Kilkenny, Monaghan and Shels and then an away game against Athlone(who we beat 6-2 a few weeks back). Pighead expects at least 9 points from those games.

Premier Division here we come!

Did you come down to Jackman Park a few weeks ago, there was a great dundalk crowd i must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

bugger :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Can we officially call the Pats bubble burst at this stage:D

Brian Kerr showing his influence with those 2 late goals there.

Went along to Bohs match. Bohs didn't need to be that good as Longford's defending was pretty awful. Bohs keeper is excellent, good stops and quick restarts with accurate throws. Mansoram was caught offside about 300 times I counted.

I don't know how the fat pigeon does it. He doesn't really do much, a lot of the time hes behind the play but he ends up with a hat-trick.

Right place Right Time I suppose.

Longford support kept their spirits up throughout in fairness, pity the poor fella who was vomiting from the drink and then had to sit through that performance.

Can we officially call the Pats bubble burst at this stage:D

Umm we scored 2 goals in Belfield, thats ****ing deadly. Considering we have scored 3 in the 12 previous games there :eek:

Got 3 injuries tho last night so 5 players out , when is july :)

Dennis Wise at the game last night, seemingly checking out Quigley/Gregg who scored a screamer, Eamo picked him up from airport and brought him to match. Eamo is agent for about 12 of our team. Wont be Ndo tho due tp work permits

kdjac

Well done drogheda.

Represented our league well tonight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

KdjaCL wrote:
    Dennis Wise at the game last night, seemingly checking out Quigley/Gregg who scored a screamer, Eamo picked him up from airport and brought him to match. Eamo is agent for about 12 of our team. Wont be Ndo tho due tp work permits

Interesting. Im happy to hear that he is taking an interest in the EL but until this administration business is over Wise wont be buying any of your players.

Latest.

Cork City losing 4-0 to Sligo.

Worst away defeat in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Well done drogheda.

Represented our league well tonight.

ty a great victory not only for us but for the whole league i was a bit surprised i met 3 dundalk fans on my travels last night and even they wanted us to win:eek:

Kingp35 wrote:
    Interesting. Im happy to hear that he is taking an interest in the EL but until this administration business is over Wise wont be buying any of your players.

Afaik you have no keepers? and UCD have 2 really good ones..actually post on leeds thread.

This one for pointing at cork and laughing :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pighead wrote:
    lowly...Shels
    Nice Pighead, nice.

Lowly eh?

Another poxy draw after being ahead, this time in Newbridge.

If we could convert the draws to wins we'd challenge for second.

If me aunty had balls...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A low low night for Cork City on Saturday. Im told the only player who deserves any credit is Billy Woods, the rest played like a shower of wánkers.

Huge game vs The Big Club on Friday now. Ricos new contract could well depend on it!

Advertisement