Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW morkeshing makes me sick

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,541 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

JHMEG wrote:
    Hence the 2007 118d puts out more CO2 than the 2003 Civic IMA:confused:

Don't divert. We're talking energy, not emissions here. A modern diesel uses less energy than an equivalent petrol hybrid in day to day real world running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

unkel wrote:
    Don't divert. We're talking energy, not emissions here.
    Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are proportional (everyone knows that!). Why is the 118d in UK CO2 tax class C, at 123g/km, while the IMA is in the lower band B, at 116g/km?

Not denying that BMW have made real progress by using bolt-on technology only otherwise available on hybrids. But they're not up to hybrid standard.
    unkel wrote:
    A modern diesel uses less energy than an equivalent petrol hybrid in day to day real world running.
    Haven't you seen my sig? :D A driver with good habits will do better in a diesel than a fool in a hybrid, I'll concede that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

unkel wrote:
    I can't fault that. You'd probably get 100MPG yourself from a modern diesel :D
    I think I'd only manage that in an Insight.

Advertisement