Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying tyres from eire tyres?

Options
  • 10-05-2007 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,050 ✭✭✭✭

lads anyone know if you buy tyres from eire tyres would one of the approved tyre fitting centres (specifically sandyford i suppose) allow you to have the tyres delivered to their premises and then fit them?

wishful thinking maybe but youd never know

failing that anyone recommend anywhere that do similar enough prices to eiretyres, might need new rears on the 530 seeing as theres marshal powersport tyres fitted !

any recommedations for 265/35/18 tyres (not the most expensive ones but good of ya get me)!

also one of the mirror casings has a little crack in it which i may end up getting changed, any idea how much for casing plus colour coding?

and lastly the car is pretty much scratch free except for the passenger rear wheel arch where it caught something and there are three small parallell horizontal scratches down to the primer, again not that noticable but i might get it done, can anyone recommend a decent touch up artist who isnt going to want to spray the whole panel for a small scratch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Cyrus wrote:
    lads anyone know if you buy tyres from eire tyres would one of the approved tyre fitting centres (specifically sandyford i suppose) allow you to have the tyres delivered to their premises and then fit them?

wishful thinking maybe but youd never know

failing that anyone recommend anywhere that do similar enough prices to eiretyres, might need new rears on the 530 seeing as theres marshal powersport tyres fitted !

any recommedations for 265/35/18 tyres (not the most expensive ones but good of ya get me)!

also one of the mirror casings has a little crack in it which i may end up getting changed, any idea how much for casing plus colour coding?

and lastly the car is pretty much scratch free except for the passenger rear wheel arch where it caught something and there are three small parallell horizontal scratches down to the primer, again not that noticable but i might get it done, can anyone recommend a decent touch up artist who isnt going to want to spray the whole panel for a small scratch?

So you got the 5 series at last, it looks amazing.Best of luck with it

for tyres try donnolly's in blackrock 01-2881948

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I cannot answer some of your questions but I can recommend Toyo Proxes T1-R tyres. I recently bought a set from eiretyres as they were impossible to source locally. So far I am very pleased with them, very good grip,not alot of road noise and they have rim protection to stop alloy wheel curbing.

Eiretyres.com have the T1-Rs in your size too for €210 a corner which isn't bad. Regarding fitting check out their site as they have a list of approved fitters on their site too, they give the option to deliver the tyres to a fitting centre or your own address.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,050 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

oh cool, i will buy eagle f1s i think, regarded as the best tyres going and are around 220 or so a corner methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I've bought from eiretyres with no trouble, but I had to have them delivered to me and not the tyre fitters unfortunately... but I suppose each tyre fitting outfit is different to the next?

Congrats with the new 5!

Regarding the paint repairs, have you talked with Shane in Carcraft? Might be able to do something for you.

its a small job that i might get done but i want it done very neatly, i use cc before and they werent as good as i expected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

That's a shame, I have used him twice now. Once for my previous car and the other for a friends. Very happy with the results as is anyone I've made the recommendation to also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Do we get to see a picture of the new motor Cyrus? (sorry off-topic I know) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

for the mirror try auto smart systems i have used them and had good results

fletch wrote:
    Do we get to see a picture of the new motor Cyrus? (sorry off-topic I know) :)

yep prob be next weekend, getting detailed sunday and then ill do interior next sat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

i have no idea abt these things, how much are tyres usually and where is the cheapest i could buy and have them changed? Thanks for replying and sorry for jumping into the thread. search function doesnt work very well....

• Advertisement
Advertisement