Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times TNS/MRBI Poll 11/05/07

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Gobán Saor

And Paddy Power's view of the the most likely party strength (ie shortest odds offered for any given outcome of seats won by each party is:

FF 64 - 67 seats
    FG 49 or more
    Lab 23 or more
    SF 9 - 10
    Greens 9 - 10
    PD 1 - 3

This would leave FF/Lab as the only option with a comfortable majority. (Well, there's always FF/FG!) FG/Lab/Green would be struggling but could probably survive with independent support. FF/SF is not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Considering that these polls have a 3% margin of error and that this error is huge relative to the share of the PD vote I really cannot understand why people are drawing such big conclusions from the PD 2% result.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

nesf wrote:
    Considering that these polls have a 3% margin of error and that this error is huge relative to the share of the PD vote I really cannot understand why people are drawing such big conclusions from the PD 2% result.

I am not a fan of the PDs in any way shape or form (they would infact be last voting option tbh); but I think the above point is very important. Writing the epitath for the political party on the basis of a pre - election poll is utter rubbish tbf.

Advertisement