Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how l;ong is the SE warrant/Guarantee in Ireland?

• 10-05-2007 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

had a microphone replaced in my 62301 at xmas. Phone was about 17 months old and software updated too.

So if Nokia don't bring out a decent non-smart camera phone soon I will be buying a SEK810i. Don't like the 5 way joy stick or want to learn SE menus, but camera is good and battery life too I believe. Maybe if this SE Sofia is in my price range would be tempted to part with 100 more than K810i.

So how many years warrant on SE phones?

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

The warranty for sonyericsson products bought after sept 2005 is two years on the handset itself and one year on the accessories such as the battery.

With the greatest respect meant, i would suggest that this is a fairly simple question and that should have looked it up on the sonyericsson website yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Confirming 2 years ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

ciaranfo wrote:
    Confirming 2 years ..

yep it is 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

neilled wrote:

With the greatest respect meant, i would suggest that this is a fairly simple question and that should have looked it up on the sonyericsson website yourself.
    I take your point, but are you worried about waste of bandwith? members eye-ball time but sometimes rooting through the T&C's on large sites is more than I can manage.

Thanks for all three replies, feel reassured now. Just wish SE would bring out a good camera phone without 5 way Joy-stick. Too fiddly for me.

check out the P1i, it wont be out for a fair bit yet but it looks proper class.

• Advertisement

saw someting about it, smart phone with stylus and that toggle 2 way keypad, not what I'm after. New Nokia about too,N81 &N82, look nice but realy I'd be most satisfied, with good camera,nice screen and decent battery and being of a certain age would prefer to stay with Nokia non-smart phone. Would realy use 75% of it's power a smart to edit spreadsheets and the like is more gadget than I can handle.

dohouch wrote:
    I take your point, but are you worried about waste of bandwith? members eye-ball time but sometimes rooting through the T&C's on large sites is more than I can manage.

Thanks for all three replies, feel reassured now. Just wish SE would bring out a good camera phone without 5 way Joy-stick. Too fiddly for me.

Far from worried about use of bandwidth, as far as i am concerned its a pretty simple piece of info to look up - simply google "sony ericsson warranty eu" and you get the result straight away. Its more of a case of alot of basic questions can get thrown around and sometimes i feel they're asked because people are to lazy to look for it themselves or expect to be spoonfed information.

Did exacly as you said and got .pdf, 2 pages of fine print but it actually says 1 year!:confused: .
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/downloads/limitedWarranty_R1c_AE.pdf

i thought sony changed their policy to 2 year warranty

I just checked it , its right 2 yrs warranty for phone and 1 year for accesories
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/downloads/LimitedWarranty_UK_R1a_EN.pdf

drdre wrote:
    i thought sony changed their policy to 2 year warranty
    They did. It's 2 years.

• Advertisement

Follow the link, or the directions of neilled Goog "sony ericsson warranty eu", now lthere is no date on that .pdf so it might be out of date . I'll go and root in the SE site adn see if I can find different.

dohouch wrote:
    Follow the link, or the directions of neilled Goog "sony ericsson warranty eu", now lthere is no date on that .pdf so it might be out of date . I'll go and root in the SE site adn see if I can find different.
    It's 2 years. Trust me.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/downloads/LimitedWarranty_Ireland_R1a_EN.pdf

applies to all products purchased after sept 2005

O.K> O.K. the .pdf that I got off the Irish site says 2 years.

but this which is the first result on a Google says 1 year LimitedWarranty_R1c_AE.pdf

ciaranfo wrote:
    It's 2 years. Trust me.

I trust you as ive had a few sony phones and know for sure.Lets stop arguing guys :)
    Just get your phone fixed its 2 yr warranty :)

dohouch wrote:
    but this which is the first result on a Google says 1 year LimitedWarranty_R1c_AE.pdf

Dont bother with google.Its 2 yr warranty why dont you just call mprc in sandyford and they will tell you for sure as they are repair centre for sony

Advertisement