Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

02 Xda

• 10-05-2007 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

I Have the O" XDA phone, 2 days ago for no aparent reason while using it the screen went really faded and horizontal lines ran through the screen all the way from the top to bottom and the screen became fuzzy and jumpy.

I rang O2 and was told to bring it back to the shop if it was in fact clearly broken (i bought it onlnie so i dunno how i bring it back to them, possibly a rma on there website).

I tried everythnig from reboots, to taking in and out battery to charging the phone to no avail.

It was like the graphics card had malfunctioned in the phone, now tonight still same problem, plugged it into pc and the rang a friend and then noticed it had gone back to original self and seems to be working fine now.

What should i do from here, im now not happy with the phone seen as it was rendered useless for 2 - 3 days, luckily i havent been expecting any important calls or needing to use the phones office features, bu what if im busy and this happens again, its not satisfactory, where do i stand with O2 as they will most likely now see the phone as perfect and im not happy with a phone that cost so much which may malfunction outside of its warranty and then i have no go back at all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Exactly the same thing happened my friends XDA mini, he only had it few days and just returned it to the ebay seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If it's within 30 days - post it back to the online shop for a new one.
    If it's within the 1 year warranty - bring it into an O2 store and get a refurbished unit or a repair.

*obviously once it's a manufacturing fault. .. before someone jumps in and says it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Its a common problem with ribbon connector of the xda models due to the swivel screen. Costs about €100 - €150 to fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Have you attempted to reflash it, the rom could have become corrupt.

What XDA is it ?

IIi,IIs,Mini S, Exec ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Flying wrote:
    Have you attempted to reflash it, the rom could have become corrupt.

I doubt the rom is corrupt if it is working fine again.

I am getting vague recollections of something similar happening to my XDA Atom a while back. As far as I remember, it was to do with the battery getting too low and not chargning sufficiently to allow me turn it back on (even with the power cable attached).

I had to leave it charging for an hour before it would turn back on.

At least I think that's what it was. Certainly had me worried too. It's working fine now, haven't seen the problem since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Had similar with a Mini s.

The Battery had discharged to low and had to be directly charged.

I used a trick of a Paper Clip and 9V Battery to get enough juice into it so it would start up the PDA and then hit it immediately with the charger.

It was in Deep Discharge and this can happen by holding the Power Button down until it completely shuts off.

Also you can get direct battery chargers, just place the battery in and it will recharge quicker and immediately take the battery out of deep discharge.

Advertisement