Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 usb modems

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

whisht, was it a bird from Mumbai? ;)

I know I will be ordering one, so that is 2 new customers. I just wish I knew what their coverage was like in Austria, since the map on the web site seems to be woefully out of date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

whisht, was it a bird from Mumbai? ;)

I know I will be ordering one, so that is 2 new customers. I just wish I knew what their coverage was like in Austria, since the map on the web site seems to be woefully out of date.
    i was in austria roaming on 3 and it was fine. i went the whole way across austria on a train and i didn't notice it losing coverage at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Is there a need for two threads about 3 and the USB modems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Just wait until it comes out, Legs will surely start another wan.

i think there should be 3 :D

i'll let myself out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Nobody here to lock the door??? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ah poor 'ol 3 getting a battering again by everyone. The modem will DEFINATLY be available from Monday (maybe Friday all going well with deliveries). The price plan is as advertised in Business Post. Data only usim, no roaming, and will only work on 3g network, no roaming onto vodafone - I know someone in their HO, and I will be first in line to get one. ps their staff are all fulltime 3 employees and not all contracted as posted on other threads.

Walkman wrote:
    will only work on 3g network, no roaming onto vodafone
    ah so that's how they're going to cripple it. we were all wondering what policy they were going to put in that would make it worse than it needs to be, 3's trademark

ah so that's how they're going to cripple it. we were all wondering what policy they were going to put in that would make it worse than it needs to be, 3's trademark

Strangely, my SIM seems to have stopped roaming onto Vodafone any more, the way it used to near Drogheda.

culabula wrote:
    Strangely, my SIM seems to have stopped roaming onto Vodafone any more, the way it used to near Drogheda.

is it staying in 3,s coverage

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote:
    is it staying in 3,s coverage

It loses connection several times between Balbriggan and Drogheda: it used to roam on Vodafone round there but no longer. Started this in the last couple of weeks.

culabula wrote:
    It loses connection several times between Balbriggan and Drogheda: it used to roam on Vodafone round there but no longer. Started this in the last couple of weeks.

Drop into 3 Store, they should be able to find out if there is a poblem.
    I had the same issue with mine and it turns out it was a problem with the vodafone network(it was roaming at the time) 3 Store staff although couldn't fix it were helpful.

Walkman, i don't suppose you could find out for me who I need to talk to to resolve a malfunctioning mast? I have tried pretty mush everything short of getting my local TD on their case.

Walkman, i don't suppose you could find out for me who I need to talk to to resolve a malfunctioning mast? I have tried pretty mush everything short of getting my local TD on their case.

Where is the mast??

Co.Mayo, in between Castlebar and Newport on the Nephin beg mountain range, Its listed as mast MY0009 on the comreg site.

Advertisement