Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista & Firefox

• 11-05-2007 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Not sure if there is a similar thread but cant seem to find one, in any case.

I'm having issues with vista and firefox, not quite sure what the deal is...

The symptoms are when I open a webpage in vista, the page just jumps up and down. Its really wrecking my head :(

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

yea happened to me.. Did you just install vista? It went away after awhile for me.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t9670.html

Check out the link above, had the same problem with firefox and vista aswell.

Managed to get it working by removing the bookmarks toolbar, restarted and working fine.

Let me know if it works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

This isnt a Vista bug per say it's a long standing Firefox bug as the Firefox UI is hard coded to the XP Luna skin so it expects that.

If you change the skin in Windows XP then you get the jumping effect sometimes, though this is the first I've heard of it in Vista.

Sometimes placing a bookmark into the bookmarks toolbar also fixes it.

Make sure you are running the latest version of Firefox as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Have bookmark toolbar enabled

Have vista

No problems

Firefox 2.0.0.3 + Vista RTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Placing a bookmark into the bookmark toolbar seems to have sorted it :D

Thanks alot! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Carlimited

I haven't had any problems with Vista & Firefox (Or Thunderbird or Sunbird) for that matter. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thats an old Firefox problem, nowt to do with Vista, I had that with XP.

Advertisement