Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Primera radio problem

• 11-05-2007 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have a problem with my radio in 98 primera,
    I put in a new pioneer radio into it the other day but it wasn’t fitting nicely so removed it and put it back in a bit better but now it doesn’t work nor does the original radio. I have checked both radios in another car and both are functioning correctly. So it seems to be a problem with the power going into the radio.
    When I installed the pioneer radio I checked the metal contacts with the fascia removed, there was ~8 of them and all had power except 1. Is this normal? Is the one without the power the earth? I checked the corresponding wiring in an Audi and there was 2 12V wires and one ~4.5V the rest were speakers 0V. I'm guessing this 4.5V wire is for the display at least this is what the wire says. The one in the primera only reads 0.01V so is this my problem? What brings the voltage in this wire down to ~4.5V, a transformer? Could this be broken?
    any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,265 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Check your fuses in the event you blew one. At least eliminate this first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

bazz26 wrote:
    Check your fuses in the event you blew one. At least eliminate this first.
    Checked all the fuses in the car both uder the sttering wheel and in the engine bay, all are OK, but thanks 4 the suggestion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

I vaguely remember putting a sony unit in a 99 Primera a few years back nad having a similar problem. Did you double-check the loom? There was something funny about the earth in that car and ended up having to splice toghether the loom adaptor by hand using a multimeter to get it to work. First time I tried it it blew the fuse, and so the original one wouldn't work either. Put the sh1ts up me too for a little while seeing as it was my dad's car ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Nissan-Wiring.pdf (the top 1)

looking at this it seems that i need to use the brackets that the original radio used (it worked with this system but stuck out too far). does ne one know if the earth for the Nissan radio is got from the brackets on the side of the radio??

Advertisement