Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to live in Dublin

Options
  • 11-05-2007 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

It's easy, just vote for the area you believe is the best place to live in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Rathmines, Ranalagh, Sandymount, Ballsbridge.

Any of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Rathmines!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

nowhere in the city center at all by a mile

malahide is the nicest place to live in imo but i am biased but id love to be able to afford a house here at some stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

From my experience I think Whitehall area, Its close to everything, but still very queit and peaceful. Only downside is the traffic in the morning.

It's handy cause you've got the Omni, Northside and artane shopping centers close by, It's 10 minutes from the city center by bus, 20 mins to dollymount beach by bus, It has it's own park too.

it's a tiny area bordered by Santry, Beaumont and Gracepark. If you have to go anywhere you've got collins avenue, the M1, grace park road, and the malahide road. You've got all the peace of a quiet suburban area with all the convenience of the city center, Plus it's not near as expensive as Malahide, Blackrock, clontarf etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

foxrock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

St Stephen's Green South

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Jimkel wrote:
    From my experience I think Whitehall areac

ye whitehall is a grand area aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

d4 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :mad: :D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Having grown up there, I really like Sutton/Howth. It's accessible to town by road and by DART and yet (in particular Howth) doesn't feel like a suburb. It has its own character and you can take lovely walks where after three minutes down a trail feel cut away from the rush of city life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

foxrock
    Pffft, up with all the lotto winners and the rest of the nouveau riche? No thanks :p
    chump wrote:
    d4
    Yeah, Ringsend is beautiful this time of year...

My vote goes to that place up the mountains I once drove through, can't remember the name of it obviously but seemed like a nice place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

North Strand (Cause the area's quiet and the local pub is nice!)
    Drumcondra
    Glasnevin

Advertisement