Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate Your TD/Candidate

Options
  • 11-05-2007 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭

This site (www.ratemytd.com) may be of interest. Allows you to rate your TD (warning - lots of ratings, although you don't have to answer all of them), and comment on them.

Takes an email address to confirm registration.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Big issue here is that it's open to abuse, we all get to rant on boards, but at least here if you say Bertie or enda is the second coming you will get berated by others.

This looks very "abusable" , in fact they say as much. (see below)

So we are stuck with paddypower.com andjust betting on the outcome....

(which is a totally different thing to quality,)

Quoting from the website....

These ratings show both average and median values.
    Average values can be distorted quite easily by extreme opinions: if 10 people rate a TD at 1 (very bad), and 1 person rates them at 10 (very good), the average will be 2 (which no-one thinks), whereas the median will be 1 (which is what most people think). The difference is not huge because of the way we have limited ratings to a range from 1 to 10, but the median is still the better choice. The median is the value which has half the ratings above it, and half the ratings below it.

In addition, you are being shown only latest ratings of people who have rated the representative more than once for a particular quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Big issue here is that it's open to abuse, we all get to rant on boards, but at least here if you say Bertie or enda is the second coming you will get berated by others.

This looks very "abusable" , in fact they say as much. (see below)

So we are stuck with paddypower.com andjust betting on the outcome....

(which is a totally different thing to quality,)

Indeed - I suppose one could "vote" as many times as one had email addresses. Still, how many people have more than a couple?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

I assume like a lot of sites it won't verify the email so people can vote as often as they like. Anyway there are enough polls around already.

Sight might be worth a look for the factual information rather than the opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

wow sierra wrote:
    I assume like a lot of sites it won't verify the email so people can vote as often as they like. Anyway there are enough polls around already.

It wouldn't let me do anything until I'd responded to a link they sent me by email, if that's what you mean?
    wow sierra wrote:
    Sight might be worth a look for the factual information rather than the opinions

Yeah - the Dáil debate stuff is what interested me first, really.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement