Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion: Efficient way to say thanks to a thread contributor.

Options
  • 11-05-2007 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I’ve just been on AVForums.com and I’ve noticed something they have that Boards.ie might consider implementing. They have a special “Thanks” option at the end of each thread entry, which generates a short Thank You message underneath that particular thread entry. Eg (http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521146)

I think this is a good idea as it removes clutter from the thread. When board users request information and someone responds, they quite rightly feel obliged to say “Thank You”, but then typically write a whole entry that is not beneficial to someone else who wants to avail of the information on the thread.

This is just a suggestion to make information gathering on boards that bit more efficient.

Regards
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Had a look and it looks good. +1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I don't know, what if someone posts general info and everyone wants to thank them for it?

Does it list the names in one post, or does it add separate ones? (I'm sure cleverer peoples can do something with that though).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

dont we have a option to rate a thread 1-5 stars? just vote the threads you like 5 stars its a system thats not used enough except on the really big threads

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

User45701 wrote:
    dont we have a option to rate a thread 1-5 stars? just vote the threads you like 5 stars its a system thats not used enough except on the really big threads

Yeah, I'm a big fan of rating threads in all fora, normally don't see it outside of humor or lolocaust though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

Silverfish wrote:
    I don't know, what if someone posts general info and everyone wants to thank them for it?

I'm sure it could be set up so that only the thread starter has the Thanks option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

User45701 wrote:

This is not the same thing. The “Thanks” option is just something to prevent clutter, not something to rate how good a thread is.

Advertisement