Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

• 11-05-2007 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Just saw on another Foreign based forum, they were promoting the Sky News poster campaign. In terms that us English speakers, can pass on the word, and perhaps put up the posters, to make local people aware (in the various countries) ....

If this isn't appropriate here, sorry !

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Emmmm... I don't quite know what to do with this thread. It's a nice idea, but I doubt you'll get a decent response here.

I'll leave it here for a while until I decide what to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'll be honest and say that while this is a terribly sad situation I don't think there is any merit in this poster campaign.

News channels are saturated with this at the moment and I've had a number of emails with pictures of Maddie and requests for prayers for the family etc. already today.

While Maddie's situtation and that of her family is terrible, it is no less tragic than that of the missing and their families in Ireland... If we have a find Maddie campaign on boards then we should have one for Phillip Kerr, Trevor Deeley and the countless others that have gone missing over the years. I know it sounds harsh but that's just how I see it.

I can't imagine what any of these people are going through. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Okay, I've decided to leave this thread here, but I'm going to close it. This isn't the place for discussing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement