Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,061 ✭✭✭✭neris

I know Ray is expecting another kid and never tires of boring us with the details of his 1st child but does any one else think hes going OTT with all the baby/kid talk lately? Yesterday they wanted quiz contestants who had kids in their mid 40s and then this morning he had some woman on talking bout kids again. I only listened in for 30 seconds and turned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

neris wrote: »
    I know Ray is expecting another kid and never tires of boring us with the details of his 1st child but does any one else think hes going OTT with all the baby/kid talk lately? Yesterday they wanted quiz contestants who had kids in their mid 40s and then this morning he had some woman on talking bout kids again. I only listened in for 30 seconds and turned out.
    The show long ago disappeared up its own arse in my opinion. It became far too much centred on the presenters and their concerns. On the other hand, some folks love that as they feel they have some sort of relationship with the presenting team; fact is, you don't. You're a total stranger to them, and they are selling you a radio entertainment product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Mother of God how can he even turn a chat with a comedian into "Can you describe your love for your daughter?" :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Horse84

More kid talk with that ozzie comedian. He's actually putting me off having any kids at all. Oh to have the power of the radio control at work cause u just know foley will have another not so funny baby story to bore us with....

Right thats it, im done. Will someone please tell me when Ray finishes talking about his stupid nose, theres real problems in the country and he's going on and on and on about it. "drama" and "queen" springs to mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Acoshla wrote: »
    Mother of God how can he even turn a chat with a comedian into "Can you describe your love for your daughter?" :confused:

Feel your pain, it is ridiculous at this stage. I am surprised it didnt turn into"would there be anyway to improve your love for your daughter? Maybe running with her? I like to run everyone should run." Yawn :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

my friend wrote: »

He keeps finding new ways to make me hate him more. Spends hours whining that the country is a disgrace with regards to health service funding then decides to deplete the funding even further by suing the state. I cant imagine how anal the home conversations between him and Jenny are. " Do you think I should sue ? Probably get me more attention in the papers like the church thing did, aaaaaaaaahhhh yeah I will". :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

He is giving any compensation to charity... In my eyes he is just highlighting some authorities incompetence. You laugh at Ray falling and injuring himself. That is just sad and pathetic. Would you laugh if your own mother fell over a stub of a sign. It's the useless inconsiderate fúckwit who left 6 inches of a metal sign post sticking out of the ground is the offender here. I'd sue too if only to get that incompetent fired from his job or put in a position where he might do it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

His show is really an idiots mouthpiece this morning, and he's no better himself.

Texter - We would have loved to vote but we're too confused about how to, it's the gubberments fault.
    Ray - Yeah, if they were doing their job right there'd be no confusion. Yadda yadda yadda

He's an awful tool for suing too, I don't care if it's going to charity, the fact is the money will come from already cash strapped councils and it's the wider public that will suffer because of it. He said himself the morning it happened that he knew it was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Can't wait to see what happens after Ray stated that it's been a while since the queen of England has seen a black beaver :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Deedsie wrote: »
    He is giving any compensation to charity...

"Yeah look at me, I'm so great". That he's boasting about his altruism puts him even lower in my estimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He's an awful tool for suing too, I don't care if it's going to charity, the fact is the money will come from already cash strapped councils and it's the wider public that will suffer because of it. He said himself the morning it happened that he knew it was there.

If I were out for a run and tripped over that stub of a metal post, smacking my face off the ground, you can damned sure I'd sue. And I wouldn't be giving it to charity (Not because I'm a prick, but because it's nothing to do with them).

Someone out there is responsible for that complete balls-up, and deserves to see their shoddy work recognised. If it happened to someone else, only that person would benefit - at least in this case, a charity will benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Stark wrote: »
    "Yeah look at me, I'm so great". That he's boasting about his altruism puts him even lower in my estimate.

But your opinion ain't worth tuppence to any charity... At least Ray is turning a difficult situation for him into helping out some charities. That is altruism... If he didn't say he was donating the money some whinging puss mouth would be on here claiming Ray was only suing for financial gain!

I commend Ray for not just letting it go and actually highlighting the failings of the local authority. Have you any familiarity with low impact spinal injuries. This could have been a tragedy in Rays life. It might sound sensational but people have become paralysed by things as trivial as tripping on the street, bumping their head on a swimming pool floor, getting a piggyback from friends... I am delighted Ray is highlighting this.

I also commend ray for passing on any compensation to charity. Good on you Ray.

Now as a reward for backing you up Ray. Please banish that stupid la la la long weekend ****e and no more eating on air. Good man!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Deedsie wrote: »
    Have you any familiarity with low impact spinal injuries. This could have been a tragedy in Rays life. It might sound sensational but people have become paralysed by things as trivial as tripping on the street, bumping their head on a swimming pool floor, getting a piggyback from friends...

Drama much ? :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh look a comedian talking about his family, two birds, one stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Ginny wrote: »

And three feet!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Stark wrote: »

Where did he say this? Source? Link? :confused: Where did he 'boast'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Just listened to the seinfeld interview. Thought Jerry was fine, the fault lay with Ray and his interviewing style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jesus Christ, are we turning into America? Suing over everything now?

Lads, I'm visually impaired, and if I tripped over a fricking lamp post you can be damn sure I'd just chalk it down to experience and carry on with my day. He's acting like a spoiled child. Makes no difference what he does with the compensation imho.

He sits in that studio every morning complaining about how the country's gone to sh1t, and then decides to sue the council for his own failure to watch where he was bloody going?

What little respect I had for him has been significantly reduced...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ginny wrote: »

I did particularly like when Tommy Tiernan was talking about his premature baby and that they thought it might be half dolphin half baby, and that they may have to keep it in a tank, I bet you Ray was doing an appalled face at a joke about a baby, there's only room for soppy stories about them in his world.

tunguska wrote: »
    Just listened to the seinfeld interview. Thought Jerry was fine, the fault lay with Ray and his interviewing style.

The way in which he said "Mr Seinfeld" at the beginning and then giggled like a three year old girl makes me want to spoon out my own eyes. Have another listen and appreciate its full cheesy effect just for the sadist in you.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Problem with Ray suing is, he said the morning it happened, I knew it was there, I knew it was there but I tripped over it. So compo should be lower due to his stupidity..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just listening to D'Arcy at Kilkenny, he's brought up the dodgy interview with Jerry Seinfeld again... He keeps on going on about how bad an interviewee Seinfeld was, but from memory he was a pretty lousy interviewer for that chat too... Selective memory from D'Arcy? Or from me? :confused:

dulpit wrote: »
    Just listening to D'Arcy at Kilkenny, he's brought up the dodgy interview with Jerry Seinfeld again... He keeps on going on about how bad an interviewee Seinfeld was, but from memory he was a pretty lousy interviewer for that chat too... Selective memory from D'Arcy? Or from me? :confused:

It's crazy, he actually believes this now. He couldn't have done a worse job with that interview and so arrogant he believes its all Jerry .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

dulpit wrote: »

D'Arcy. Have a look back through this thread and anyone that commented on it said it was D'Arcy's fault to various levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

This thread should be renamed the "lets all bitch about Ray thread".... :rolleyes:

It's very very simple people if you don't like the show don't listen, end of! I'd dearly love to come to all the people on here bitching's places of work look over your shoulder's and point out all your small wrongdoings no matter how anal, like ye all do in here.

Like I said don't listen if you don't like him, there are plenty of other radio stations out there.

...awaits the silly are you Jenny posts, followed up by the "how dare you tell me to..." and "I work in an office and can't control the radio" posts (because if your in work and able to listen to every word he says I dare say your not working) that get thanked by the same people who complain week in week out about the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

This thread should be renamed the "lets all bitch about Ray thread".... :rolleyes:

It's very very simple people if you don't like the show don't listen, end of! I'd dearly love to come to all the people on here bitching's places of work look over your shoulder's and point out all your small wrongdoings no matter how anal, like ye all do in here.

Like I said don't listen if you don't like him, there are plenty of other radio stations out there.

*awaits the silly are you Jenny posts, followed up by the "how dare you tell me to..." posts that get thanked by the same people who complain week in week out about the show.

Yeah, ya see, I like the show, I enjoy it, and I have been reduced to tears (not that I would tell them that), and I do break my ****e laughing at other times. The point is, is that it's just light fluffy entertainment. Does Ray sometimes take himself a bit to seriously... well yeah he does. But its just a bit of light entertainment and most of the people who listen in, like it, otherwise as he is on commercial radio he wouldn't be there cos he wouldn't have the numbers to back up the costs charged to advertisers! Simple really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Yeah, ya see, I like the show, I enjoy it, and I have been reduced to tears (not that I would tell them that), and I do break my ****e laughing at other times. The point is, is that it's just light fluffy entertainment. Does Ray sometimes take himself a bit to seriously... well yeah he does. But its just a bit of light entertainment and most of the people who listen in, like it, otherwise as he is on commercial radio he wouldn't be there cos he wouldn't have the numbers to back up the costs charged to advertisers! Simple really!

Exactly, no doubting he has his downsides, but it doesn't warrant the type of ranting and raving that he is getting on here. I think people listen solely to find another reason to bitch about him and like you say if he wasn't getting the satisfactory listener figures he would be shafted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Exactly, no doubting he has his downsides, but it doesn't warrant the type of ranting and raving that he is getting on here. I think people listen solely to find another reason to bitch about him and like you say if he wasn't getting the satisfactory listener figures he would be shafted.

I get the criticisms, it's the bitchiness and pure begrudgery that annoys me. He's not perfect and he does talk about what's going on in is life, and is daugher and child yet to be born, but it's it's his show, he determines the agenda.

And when I'm in work on Monday, I'll still be tuning in (online)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement