Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

There's an ad on radio where D'Arcy is going on about road safety for cyclists. He asks every cyclist to change one thing, and then says he pledges to continue wearing his helmet. Call my cynical, but that ain't a change, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

fifi234ie wrote: »
    But why doesn't Ray do something, he's always on about mental health but he hasn't done anything.
    He seemed to be ignorant of the services that are out there.
    Maybe he should meet with Kathleen and other people in this area and get something done.
    As a spokesperson for Aware he should start a campaign going.

+1

I texted in:
    "If you're not part of the solution, Ray, you must be part of the problem - why not start your own campaign"

Needless to say, t'wasn't read out.icon8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

I miss Jenny she really made the show and i find it kind of boring without her . They should phone her once a week to get her views on different topics. I know she is busy with the kids but ten minutes a week wouldnt kill her . They all seem a little bit dull without her there

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

fifi234ie wrote: »
    But why doesn't Ray do something, he's always on about mental health but he hasn't done anything.
    He seemed to be ignorant of the services that are out there.
    Maybe he should meet with Kathleen and other people in this area and get something done.
    As a spokesperson for Aware he should start a campaign going.

+1

I texted in:
    "If you're not part of the solution, Ray, you must be part of the problem - why not start your own campaign"

I wonder if when they are doing the selecting for the texts that are to be read out on air, do they just read the ones not from seven foot trucker and housewife crying at her table and just think, look at all these gob****es with differing opinions to our own wasting their money texting in thinking we'll read them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I wonder if when they are doing the selecting for the texts that are to be read out on air, do they just read the ones not from seven foot trucker and housewife crying at her table and just think, look at all these gob****es with differing opinions to our own wasting their money texting in thinking we'll read them out.

Yes, yes they do :) Definitely!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

dulpit wrote: »
    There's an ad on radio where D'Arcy is going on about road safety for cyclists. He asks every cyclist to change one thing, and then says he pledges to continue wearing his helmet. Call my cynical, but that ain't a change, is it?

seeing how he tripped on something he knew was in its location I think he should wear a helmet full time

It would make him a little easier to look at too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Dara had zero interest but Ray carried on… Dara AGAIN says “Aaaaah Ray you always turn interviews in to this”. But Ray carries on asking the silly kid questions that he had no interest in answering.

Radio came up in conversation over the weekend and I mentioned the Dara interview.

The person corrected what I posted above. It seems I misheard what Dara said. I listened back on the website and the person was right to correct me.

What he actually said on the second instance that he questioned Rays direction of the interview was: "Ahh Ray, you know I don't like talking about this in public" :eek:

I think that's even feckin worse than what I posted the first time. He clearly said he didn't want to talk about it, but Ray carried on regardless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Im a Ray fan for the most part, but that "stop, stop, eject, eject" thing is very annoying. How long is he in the job, that he's not sure what button or prompt does what? Twice already today!! None of the other DJ's on Today FM do it :confused: or if they do, they cover it very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Re date thingy:- First two guys seem more genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Yeah, I would have gone for the first two guys as well, although I think I've met the guy that works in the IFC, and he was really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

I see PPP (Paid Product Placement) coming up in Rate my Yoke:(

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

+1

I texted in:

they are very good a been selective at what texts are read out,ive stopped as theres no point any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Im a Ray fan for the most part, but that "stop, stop, eject, eject" thing is very annoying. How long is he in the job, that he's not sure what button or prompt does what? Twice already today!! None of the other DJ's on Today FM do it :confused: or if they do, they cover it very well.

Ah it became a total joke today, he did it at least six times. I heard him during an interview a couple of weeks ago when he corrected someone who said "you look like a intelligent man" by saying "I don't look like an intelligent man I am an intelligent man". Well let me tell you for a self proclaimed intelligent man a trained monkey would have more technical ability than him. Every single day without fail he makes the same mistakes while all the other DJ'S can make it through the shift perfectly fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,061 ✭✭✭✭neris

Rays not gona like this. Ppl who dont want kids. Wonder is he about to mount hid horse called moral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

You can tell Ray is biting his nails at this. Holding himself back

Was today the day they had people who don't want kids? Dammit if I missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Conducted the interview pretty well I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Does anybody fully understand the setup of this rate my hoover shenanigans?
    When do they get the results?
    Is it later in the week, or is it gonna be a regular Tuesday thing, where one set of results are given, while discussing next weeks thing to rate?

I was listening yesterday, and some of today, but never managed to find out when the results would be in.
    I'm buying a house, and a hoover's on the list of things i need, so figure any input is worthwhile. Just hoping he hasn't only tested 3 hoovers theat come in at a grand each

*And yes, i know their vacuum cleaners and Hoover is just a brand. That's why i use a small 'h' (possibly, only thought of that as a differentiator now).

Love the guy just now telling him his opinion of having children, that it's evil! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Is it just me, or are they obsessed with sexual inuendo on the show. It would be fine if it was funny, but Ray and Mariead cannot get through 10 minutes without sniggering about "small one" etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

LowOdour wrote: »
    Is it just me, or are they obsessed with sexual inuendo on the show. It would be fine if it was funny, but Ray and Mariead cannot get through 10 minutes without sniggering about "small one" etc

Who has the small one? Is it ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

I thought that clown had emigrated as he promised he would when Kenny became Taoiseach,and Clowen was gone. I never listen to him anyway.

Travel to Westport. Promote the town, like.

Spend ten minutes talking about Mairead Farrell eating a bloody banana.

Can this get any worse?

That was actually awful making Mairead do that. Not only was it terrible radio, but the poor girl was clearly uncomfortable. For shame Ray. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

LowOdour wrote: »
    pretty embarrassing there with the banana thing..feel sorry for mairead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

What did I miss? Banana eating on the radio? :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Same crap again with Tommy Tiernan - talking about Rays kids again. Seriously sick of listening to this rubbish!

EDIT: Having said that ^^ Could listen to John Spillane all day, he's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

He was seriously struggling to even come up with something to talk about with Tommy until he mentioned his new little lad, then almost like a default setting that's all he talked about for most of the interview. Painful stuff.

Same crap again with Tommy Tiernan - talking about Rays kids again. Seriously sick of listening to this rubbish!

I'm actually getting a little fed up of Ray myself, he is so abrupt, and it's his way or no way it seems. Will has been completely sidelined since Ray has come back and that's a real shame. Mairead can be good here and there but she is on-air too much now almost as if to make up for the lack of Jenny and that's not helping her.

What's really annoying me lately is the recycling of guests and the fact that every interview becomes about Ray and/or his kids... I have 2 kids, a girl and a boy, so I wouldn't complain about kid-talk as such, but it's every interview, and it's so blatant that Ray is the one who steers conversations that way... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Jason Todd wrote: »
    That was actually awful making Mairead do that. Not only was it terrible radio, but the poor girl was clearly uncomfortable. For shame Ray. :(
    Anything that makes Mairead Farrell squirm is fineby me. Woman has no talent to speak of & is the number 1 reason to switch off Craig Doyles show (even more annoying than the host ffs)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement