Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Lelantos wrote: »
    Benitez did leave Liverpool in a poorer state than when he came, winning the CL can't hide that fact. He inherited a good squad & then proceeded to buy a lot of dross, outside of Alonso, Reina, Kuyt, Agger, Torres & Mascherano. Ray reading the text was spot on

I know what you're saying, but what was funny was Ray said he had some nice texts to read out to boost Rafa's ego before the questions started, then read a couple of nice ones, the read the negative one and started the interview! I just thought it was very strange, I don't actually think Ray knew the full content of the text until he had finished reading it!

I'd understand if he was going to grill Rafa like he would with a politician or public representative, then the negative texts would be read out, but the Rafa interview was just a fluff info piece! I just laughed when he read it out!

Off-topic: I'd say the squad he inherited was just decent ;) but yeah, he did buy a lot of dross too.

Darcy is a goon!

Mod Note: Abuse of the presenter is a breach of forum charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

What's the point in bringing that girl in as an anony aunt? It's now at the stage where he's not even allowing her to read the question before he's shouting his opinions at her.

Surely she must Wonder why she's there other than to bring a problem to Ray for his unquestionable advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,061 ✭✭✭✭neris

What's the point in bringing that girl in as an anony aunt? It's now at the stage where he's not even allowing her to read the question before he's shouting his opnions at her.

Surely she must Wonder why she's there other than to bring a problem to Ray for his unquestionable advice.

But ray knows everything. Hes a broadcaster. Thought he was a bit of prik on the 2nd problem dusmissing it as a drama. Fine fOr him in his cushy job not needing to change career or have any Problems with his jobor happy family life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is Ray the only person who plays this "High or Low" song? Bloody awful and he always seems to give it a spin... :(

The follow up then with the texts is clearly ""right lads dump any texts or e mails that differ from what I just said and hand me the rest so I can read them to the nation and massage my own ego", sigh I dunno.

dulpit wrote: »
    Is Ray the only person who plays this "High or Low" song? Bloody awful and he always seems to give it a spin... :(

LOL was just thinking that too

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

The follow up then with the texts is clearly ""right lads dump any texts or e mails that differ from what I just said and hand me the rest so I can read them to the nation and massage my own ego", sigh I dunno.

I dunno which is sadder to be honest, Rays ego, or devoting one quarter of your entire posts towards ranting about him.

And I'll save you the bother: yes it is me Ray/Jenny/add as appropriate.

And he's mucked up the computer again... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

dulpit wrote: »
    And he's mucked up the computer again... :rolleyes:

It used to be funny, but seriously like just figure out how to use it. He's sitting in front of the computer screen controlling it himself every day.

He messed up earlier and goes "ah look, they didn't put in a stop after that" THEY? Do you not mean "I didn't". Holey moley I feel like shouting at the bloody radio sometimes.

He's pushing the buttons and blames "them or they" for every single mistake :mad:

jackie-chan-wtf.png

I hate when they have these sort of quizzes where clearly someone is checking for them in the background, Ray should have put a stop to the 2nd person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Klim wrote: »

I dunno which is sadder to be honest, Rays ego, or devoting one quarter of your entire posts towards ranting about him.

And I'll save you the bother: yes it is me Ray/Jenny/add as appropriate.

Ha ha ha ha sorry for not worshiping your poor little Ray. I don't think Ray's ego is sad, quite the opposite I actually think its over inflated.

threein99 wrote: »
    Why post that ? :confused:

Ray left. It's something everyone should cherish according to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Listened in to the Ray D'Arcy show yesterday, first time in a long time. Jaysus, between him and Ray Foley, I don't know who drives me mad more.
    He was off giving out about Frankie Boyle, then goes on to say "well, who am I to give my opinion. I'm just a punter". Well, why did you just give your opinion anyways....???
    And unless I was hallucinating, some guy rang up looking for advice on what to bring on a sun holiday?? I mean, someone went to trouble of going on national radio to look like a complete tool???

I switch it off :)

Jason Todd wrote: »
    It was Rafa Benitez. I couldn't believe it when Ray started reading nice texts at the start of the interview and read one out from a Man United fan which basically intimated that Rafa left Liverpool in a bad state, and thanked him for it. What a weird way to start the interview!! I'll assume Ray let that slip through the net as he didn't fully understand it until he read it out and his knowledge of soccer wouldn't be the best.

He reads out texts as if he is reading them in a foreign language, and doesn't understand what they mean...........drives me mad. He has been like that ever since he was on that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

seachto7 wrote: »
    He reads out texts as if he is reading them in a foreign language, and doesn't understand what they mean...........drives me mad. He has been like that ever since he was on that show.

Why don't you use the subtitles option on your wireless;)

eh???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

seachto7 wrote: »
    Listened in to the Ray D'Arcy show yesterday, first time in a long time. Jaysus, between him and Ray Foley, I don't know who drives me mad more.
    He was off giving out about Frankie Boyle, then goes on to say "well, who am I to give my opinion. I'm just a punter". Well, why did you just give your opinion anyways....???
    And unless I was hallucinating, some guy rang up looking for advice on what to bring on a sun holiday?? I mean, someone went to trouble of going on national radio to look like a complete tool???

I switch it off :)
    What did he say about Frankie Boyle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

That he was unfunny and his humour was brash and more offensive than it needed to be. (paraphrasing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Well, Boyle is no Neil Delamare or Andrew Maxwell, Boyle is funny....

Neeson wrote: »
    threein99 wrote: »
    Why post that ? :confused:
    Neeson wrote: »
    Ray left. It's something everyone should cherish according to this thread.

That audio is entirely inappropriate. They left the studio because of a family bereavement. Is it supposed to be funny or something?

I know why it was. It's not funny that a person died.

People talk about him going and this audio is from a day he left, in sad circumstances but he left nonetheless.

Carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    That he was unfunny and his humour was brash and more offensive than it needed to be. (paraphrasing)

Well at least Ray is there to protect our delicate ears from such evil profanity!
    His timing is well off, i thought frankie was getting a little boring but his "boyle variety" show on ch4 the other night was brilliant. Nick helm, rubberbandits, rob delaney and Tom Stade were highlights for me, Frankie was on fire too of course! In fact that show was a template for what TV should be. All the acts were hand picked and deserved their shot and the exposure.

Highlight: Nick Helm

It'll be interesting to hear how he conducts the Glen Hansard interview this morning.

He has mentioned many times in the past that they have found it hard to get Glen in for an interview. A couple of months back he played Glens new song quite a bit and said one day "We have been trying to get Glen in for years and years to the studio. He's a very hard man to get! I'd love to talk to him" (or something along those lines)

Surely after all those years of waiting, and all those requests to him to come in, Ray will be prepared up to his eyeballs for a good interview. Surely, he won't be trying to make himself the subject of the interview?

Suppose we'll wait and see!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,704 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

jaysus... chips n deep fat fryers :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,704 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

WOW, glen hansard was offered the role of rorschack in watchmen... whod have thunk...

It'll be interesting to hear how he conducts the Glen Hansard interview this morning.

He has mentioned many times in the past that they have found it hard to get Glen in for an interview. A couple of months back he played Glens new song quite a bit and said one day "We have been trying to get Glen in for years and years to the studio. He's a very hard man to get! I'd love to talk to him" (or something along those lines)

Surely after all those years of waiting, and all those requests to him to come in, Ray will be prepared up to his eyeballs for a good interview. Surely, he won't be trying to make himself the subject of the interview?

Suppose we'll wait and see!

To be fair credit where its due, he's moving this along well and its the best interview I've heard him do. Ray seems comfortable and for once he's not starstruck .

• Advertisement

To be fair credit where its due, he's moving this along well and its the best interview I've heard him do. Ray seems comfortable and for once he's not starstruck .

My thoughts too. Fareplay to the oul fecker. Enjoying it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement