Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Within the space of a few minutes thus morning he said he would taste sheeps milk ice-cream and then, when talking about that six in the city show, he said adults should try different food stuffs.
    Hypocrite!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Within the space of a few minutes thus morning he said he would taste sheeps milk ice-cream and then, when talking about that six in the city show, he said adults should try different food stuffs.
    Hypocrite!

Someone should tell him to google metaphor too before wasting anymore time on bazooka.

Then seeing as he said Alan Shatter used it in the wrong vernacular, he might as well google the word vernacular too.

What a plank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I had him turned off by 9:10. A right pain in the hole he is...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Ray: "We have an email here: Hi Ray - can you please ask your expert to give me advise on my situation <insert sticky situation here>"

Ray: "Yeah aaaaaaaaaah siiiiiiiigh. Well, I suppose the best thing I could say about this one is <insert words of wisdom here>"

Ray: "Anyway expert, what do you think about that listeners problem?"

Expert: "Well Ray, the best advice I could give is .... <insert interruption here> "

Ray: "Actually, hold it there. We will just take this break and we will answer the email after this."

<insert ad break> (after a few attempts with the buttons)

Ray: "Now, our expert is with us, and we got an email from a listener who <insert sticky situation here> - what do you make of that expert?"

Expert: "Well Ray, the listener has two options..... They could ... <insert interruption here>"

Ray: "Yeah, it is just like I was saying really ...."

LET THE FOOKIN EXPERT ANSWER THE QUESTION!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Ray: "We have an email here: Hi Ray - can you please ask your expert to give me advise on my situation <insert sticky situation here>"

Ray: "Yeah aaaaaaaaaah siiiiiiiigh. Well, I suppose the best thing I could say about this one is <insert words of wisdom here>"

Ray: "Anyway expert, what do you think about that listeners problem?"

Expert: "Well Ray, the best advice I could give is .... <insert interruption here> "

Ray: "Actually, hold it there. We will just take this break and we will answer the email after this."

<insert ad break> (after a few attempts with the buttons)

Ray: "Now, our expert is with us, and we got an email from a listener who <insert sticky situation here> - what do you make of that expert?"

Expert: "Well Ray, the listener has two options..... They could ... <insert interruption here>"

Ray: "Yeah, it is just like I was saying really ...."

LET THE FOOKIN EXPERT ANSWER THE QUESTION!

If I was Conor Pope (amongst others) I'd have decked him a few times by now.

• Advertisement

Also, I don't give a flying fúck what the weather is like in Dublin city centre!

Excuse me, it's after 11 on Friday. Think I have reached boiling point after a week of this shíte..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Also, I don't give a flying fúck what the weather is like in Dublin city centre!

Excuse me, it's after 11 on Friday. Think I have reached boiling point after a week of this shíte..

Here, listen to some soothing Finnish music and chart music. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I think its Mairead Farell who has really dragged Darcy down to her level. The male cancer chat was a bloody disgrace. Mortimer should of told him to get lost.

220657.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I cringed today when he started talking about Kate (again) and how one day when it was raining he let her watch Sky movies.....he was talking to an expert about how children need fresh air. He just went on and on. Luckily I was in a shop so I could walk out.

• Advertisement

ALSO, I didn't like the way he was disparaging about Moone Boy yesterday.
    I thought it was one of the best new shows I've seen in a long time.
    Maybe it just wasn't age appropriate for Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

There are some decent enough alternatives on local radio though, like i think neil prendiville on 96fm is good enough to be fair :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

123 LC wrote: »
    There are some decent enough alternatives on local radio though, like i think neil prendiville on 96fm is good enough to be fair :L

That's where i am too these days. Wouldn't have believed it a couple of years ago but there really is rubbish on between 9 and 12.

Although I still listen into Pat Kenny in that current affairs spot he does between 10.05 and 10.25.

telekon wrote: »
    That's where i am too these days. Wouldn't have believed it a couple of years ago but there really is rubbish on between 9 and 12.

Although I still listen into Pat Kenny in that current affairs spot he does between 10.05 and 10.25.

Vic Barry on RED is alright at times, find myself flicking to him when D'Arcy gets unbearable and I have no internet connection.

All the shows at that time of morning smack of the same thing. Callers complaining about stuff, host complaining about stuff, occasional fluff piece.

I really don't get why stations all have the exact same format at that time. I suppose it's down to listenership figures, so moreover I don't understand why people want to listen to people get up on their soapboxes every morning for two or three hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Was he the fella who was straining his juices on a mid Atlantic flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Neeson wrote: »
    Was he the fella who was straining his juices on a mid Atlantic flight?

That's the one xD his shows good enough though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Why do ye all give out about the man or his show if ye dont like it then tune out but it appears from some people in this thread that they are contradicting themselves as they say they hate the show but they can say what happened in the show word for word.

I know some folks are maybe in work listening to it and cant change the station so i understand that altho im sure you can block it out.....where i work they constantly have on the local station and its pure **** but i just block it out its not that hard to do.

Everyone has their own tastes as to what they want to listen to so if you dont like any given person or any given show than just tune out - its easy its just a push of a button or a twist of a knob and your all free from your torture that some of ye seem to be enduring.

I know ye are entitled to yer opinions and ye are free to air them as am i but i do think it pathetic the way ye are giving out about something that ye can control ....... its your choice to listen.

BRING ON THE HIGH HORSE BRIGADE :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

S28382 wrote: »
    Why do ye all give out about the man or his show if ye dont like it then tune out but it appears from some people in this thread that they are contradicting themselves as they say they hate the show but they can say what happened in the show word for word.

I know some folks are maybe in work listening to it and cant change the station so i understand that altho im sure you can block it out.....where i work they constantly have on the local station and its pure **** but i just block it out its not that hard to do.

Everyone has their own tastes as to what they want to listen to so if you dont like any given person or any given show than just tune out - its easy its just a push of a button or a twist of a knob and your all free from your torture that some of ye seem to be enduring.

I know ye are entitled to yer opinions and ye are free to air them as am i but i do think it pathetic the way ye are giving out about something that ye can control ....... its your choice to listen.

Dont read it ,look on another thread just click the button its something that you can control.....its your choice to read :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Dont read it ,look on another thread just click the button its something that you can control.....its your choice to read :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Aye your right i have the choice not to read and usually i dont but when i did read some of the comments i felt like posting and do i have to agree with all of the previous comments just so i can post here....i dont think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

The thread title is "The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread" not the lets all abuse the presenters of the Ray D'Arcy show thread. It's an open discussion on the show and as I've said previous people are somewhat afraid to give their views if it goes against the run of the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

The thread title is "The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread" not the lets all abuse the presenters of the Ray D'Arcy show thread. It's an open discussion on the show and as I've said previous people are somewhat afraid to give their views if it goes against the run of the thread.
    Somebody posted earlier that he didn't like the way that Ray was so disparaging towards Moone boy, that he prob didnt "get" it because of his age. Silly comment, he expressed his view on the show as he's entitled to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Just a quick reminder to all to read the forum charter regarding this forum especially the part which states don't tell people to tune into something else

bbability wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder to all to read the forum charter regarding this forum especially the part which states don't tell people to tune into something else
    And what about the personal abuse of the presenter, can't remember seeing any warnings about that recently? Perhaps priorities are a little askew here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Well I do agree somewhat in the fact if you don't like the show, you are free to choose other stations.But I am wondering do anyone phone/text/email/twit/facebook comments into the show itself telling the presenters how their interview was or a view other than them?

Now some presenters might choose not to read them out but have anyone done it from here? When I was working during the celtic tiger, that show was on the whole time and Todayfm in general even though it was mainly me who listened to it and (except anyone that was passaging by) that had control of it but was too busy to turn/change it.

Now I just cant listen to it now anytime I do get a chance.I am not a fan of the show or presenters.It could be just that it reminds me of better times back then or I have changed my tastes, or just older;)but my point is tell the show your alternative view.

Lelantos wrote: »
    Somebody posted earlier that he didn't like the way that Ray was so disparaging towards Moone boy, that he prob didnt "get" it because of his age. Silly comment, he expressed his view on the show as he's entitled to do.

Completely agree with this. Giving out because his opinions differ from your own just seems juvenile to me.

I posted this a while ago, think it's still relevant to most people.
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    We really should put an FAQ section in post #1...

People listen and then complain because:
    a) Communal radio in a workplace.
    b) No viable alternative in that timeslot.
    c) Used to love the show, now feel it's declining.
    d) Still love the show, but get annoyed with aspects of D'Arcy's style.

There're more, but I'm lazy.

Is it not better to have people constructively criticising the show rather than an entire thread of people celebrating "the wonder that is Ray D'Arcy"?

The majority of the complaints lately have been with regard to his interviews, which everyone except the most blinkered of fanboys can see have been absolutely terrible.

I brought up Moone Boy.
    I didn't like the way Ray mmm'd and eh'd about it because he left the listener in no doubt that he thought negatively about it, without giving a reason why.
    The majority of posters who review the presenter and the show here do so with citations, which just mostly happen to be negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

jimmyw wrote: »

Well I do agree somewhat in the fact if you don't like the show, you are free to choose other stations.But I am wondering do anyone phone/text/email/twit/facebook comments into the show itself telling the presenters how their interview was or a view other than them?

Now some presenters might choose not to read them out but have anyone done it from here? When I was working during the celtic tiger, that show was on the whole time and Todayfm in general even though it was mainly me who listened to it and (except anyone that was passaging by) that had control of it but was too busy to turn/change it.

Now I just cant listen to it now anytime I do get a chance.I am not a fan of the show or presenters.It could be just that it reminds me of better times back then or I have changed my tastes, or just older;)but my point is tell the show your alternative view.

I sent in a 5 page text after his display against Mortimer. He, of course, didn't mention it over the airwaves

It seems the reason Conor Mortimer didn't want to talk to Ray was because he already had a deal done with the Indo to talk about the gaa

Lelantos wrote: »
    It seems the reason Conor Mortimer didn't want to talk to Ray was because he already had a deal done with the Indo to talk about the gaa

That's fair enough though. It doesn't really matter what his reason is..

He said he didn't want to talk about it, and as an interviewer, Darcy should respect that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

That's fair enough though. It doesn't really matter what his reason is..

He said he didn't want to talk about it, and as an interviewer, Darcy should respect that.

I'm not D'Arcy's biggest fan either but I'd disagree with you here.
    As an interviewer I think he'd have been slaughtered if he hadn't tried to ask about the GAA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement