Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Mod Note: Be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Did anyone hear the rogue text that got through disagreeing with Ray about his stance on debt forgiveness ? I sat bolt upright when I heard it, much like a drinker in a saloon when a gunfight would break out in a western . Ray took him down with a sigh it was all over for the texter after that .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

When he told that one who was going on her honeymoon to Vegas that she should read Fear and Loathing he was serious

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Bit late posting but I've just listened to the Conor Mortimer interview and while I'm usually a fan of Ray D'Arcy I was really unimpressed about how he spoke to Mortimer (who I'm not a great fan of at all). I've heard him interviewed a few times lately and he's clearly uncomfortable talking about leaving the Mayo panel but Ray saying that he was a hard man to get anything out of wasn't fair - he answered the questions he was asked without giving any information away but at no point did he go silent!! I thought it was disgraceful that Ray never asked him anything about the charity in question when that was supposed to be the whole point of the interview.

Every day for at least a month he plays of monsters and men, Show planning must be so hard for Ray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

In fairness its not just him, have the luxury of both today fm and 2fm on at the same time all day....3 desks apart might i add :mad:..... All the day time radio dj's play the same songs to death every day and not just Ray..between monsters and men and the script my head could explode

Did he just say that K2 was Mount Everest to the ordinary person ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Did he just say that K2 was Mount Everest to the ordinary person ?

Yes, yes he did. Wonder will he apologise for getting ratty when will tried to correct him

Yes, yes he did. Wonder will he apologise for getting ratty when will tried to correct him

Ha yeah "Thanks for that Will" as if will had made him say it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

We should keep a log of when he mentions 50 Shades of Gray in every show... getting really irritating, you'd swear it was the first sh*te book about sex to come on the market.

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    We should keep a log of when he mentions 50 Shades of Gray in every show... getting really irritating, you'd swear it was the first book to come on the market.

Fixed that for ya !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Shocker, d'Arcy makes a mistake with the music again.

If he was my employee and he still couldn't figure out the tools he'd be sent for re-training or given the heave-ho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

You can sense the annoyance building in this thread during the week and then on Fridays everyone just explodes :D

Relax lads...... Ha, ya know what, never say that to a woman now. The relax thing. Ha, that doesn't go down too well. HA HA :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

heard darcy talking to the lad selling rory mcillroys house and had to get his kid mentioned into the story. a drinking game involving mentions his kids or 50 shades would have you locked by 930 and in hospital with alcohol poising by 945

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Ray is talking to Jamie Oliver before the end of the show according to Today FM's fb. This will either be great or an absolute cringefest. :p

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Ray is talking to Jamie Oliver before the end of the show according to Today FM's fb. This will either be great or an absolute cringefest. :p

Who'll take a bet on him mentioning his haddock with fried egg and pudding? :cool:

Jason Todd wrote: »

Probably be Ray telling Jamie how he cooks food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Well that was quite... normal I thought! Ray was far more reverential than I thought he'd be. Didn't realise he was such a JO fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

neris wrote: »
    heard darcy talking to the lad selling rory mcillroys house and had to get his kid mentioned into the story. a drinking game involving mentions his kids or 50 shades would have you locked by 930 and in hospital with alcohol poising by 945

Add in every mistake he makes with the equipment and you can knock 15 minutes off that :pac:

People are f*cking idiots.

"I'll leave Bord Gais because they advertise with Ask.fm"

"Advertising with Ask.fm is unethical because they endorse bullying."

For the love of the sweet divine baby Jesue in a bale of hay... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

People are f*cking idiots.

"I'll leave Bord Gais because they advertise with Ask.fm"

"Advertising with Ask.fm is unethical because they endorse bullying."

For the love of the sweet divine baby Jesue in a bale of hay... :mad:

What's this about ask.fm?

dulpit wrote: »

Ask.fm's a site where you sign up (usually as a tie in to Facebook or Twitter) and people can ask you questions (either anonymously or up front).

A girl (sorry I can't remember her name) was bullied through Ask.fm and committed suicide last week.

D'Arcy and his cabal are now up on their high horse condemning Ask.fm. In the 9:05 link where he reads the papers, he basically said Ask.fm were making money off of bullying.

Bord Gais advertise with Ask.fm, and he was reading out the usual "Oh Bord Gais shouldn't be doing that! *rabble rabble rabble*".

Pisses me off to no end.

By these people's logic, we need to stop supporting anyone who advertises on Facebook, Twitter, Boards - basically the entire internet, not to mention mobile phone manufacturers for endorsing bullying via text, paint manufacturers for endorsing bullying via graffiti, bathroom door manufacturers for endorsing bullying by letting school kids carve stuff in them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lucy from fair city

Was he attacking the late late show this morning?

Didnt hear the start but heard a few listners giving out about it and he was agreeing with them. If he was attacking it I might actually agree with him on somthing for once

He was saying how rubbish it is and how poor the guests are, now back to 50 shades of gray Ray.

Every morning without fail he finds a reason to berate the country, this morning it was the late late sigh "this bloody country lads". Why doesn't he just leave, totally sick of him now.

Ahahahaha!! :D:D:D:D

Now that was BRILLIANT RADIO! :)

that was good. sounded like jackie healy rae.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

That made me smile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

dulpit wrote: »

Ask.fm's a site where you sign up (usually as a tie in to Facebook or Twitter) and people can ask you questions (either anonymously or up front).

A girl (sorry I can't remember her name) was bullied through Ask.fm and committed suicide last week.

D'Arcy and his cabal are now up on their high horse condemning Ask.fm. In the 9:05 link where he reads the papers, he basically said Ask.fm were making money off of bullying.

Bord Gais advertise with Ask.fm, and he was reading out the usual "Oh Bord Gais shouldn't be doing that! *rabble rabble rabble*".

Pisses me off to no end.

By these people's logic, we need to stop supporting anyone who advertises on Facebook, Twitter, Boards - basically the entire internet, not to mention mobile phone manufacturers for endorsing bullying via text, paint manufacturers for endorsing bullying via graffiti, bathroom door manufacturers for endorsing bullying by letting school kids carve stuff in them....
    I think when the bullying is anonymously posted & the site encourages anonymity, questions have to be asked. Maybe tighter guidelines need to be enforced in social media.

• Advertisement

Ahahahaha!! :D:D:D:D

Now that was BRILLIANT RADIO! :)

It says a lot about the show when the most entertaining thing on it got through by being a wind up :) Was funny though.

Wouldn't say Bord Gais will be too impressed with him. I'm not familiar with the website, but there is a very large chance that Bord Gais don't directly advertise with them and their ad appears there. Doubt very much if Darcy would check something like that before blurting it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement