Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

I thought that in spite of Ray being Ray Rhod Gilbert was very funny, then they started going on about it afterwards, at this stage they're so used to bad interviews they can't distinguish what is good and bad anymore!

Also why do they keep doing things on radio that are so visual? Pie baking, cocktail sticks in beard, testing irons (which shouldn't be done anywhere in life tbh), wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Y'know, I'm not much of a Darcy fan myself these days, but this thread... wow. It's like some of you have a personal vendetta against the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

DB21 wrote: »
    Y'know, I'm not much of a Darcy fan myself these days, but this thread... wow. It's like some of you have a personal vendetta against the guy.

I used to be Ray's biggest fan on here but his complete lack of self awareness makes it very hard to defend him anymore to be honest with you. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mcsmith

Alan Murphy who presents the evening show on Galway Bay Fm is taking over the lunchtime show on Today Fm. He will be a great replacement for ray and jp, he is the dogs bollox on GB FM. GOOD LUCK Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Mcsmith wrote: »
    Alan Murphy who presents the evening show on Galway Bay Fm is taking over the lunchtime show on Today Fm. He will be a great replacement for ray and jp, he is the dogs bollox on GB FM. GOOD LUCK Alan.

Wrong thread there I'd say... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

dulpit wrote: »
    Wrong thread there I'd say... :rolleyes:

Must have been the sensitive type, account now closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

statto25 wrote: »
    Must have been the sensitive type, account now closed!

He's obviously connected with this new show/presenter.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Jenny tweeted that she's arrived in Kilkenny for the PPI awards... Ray is not with her... he's cycling down!! :eek:

Mental, fair play to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Jenny tweeted that she's arrived in Kilkenny for the PPI awards... Ray is not with her... he's cycling down!! :eek:

Mental, fair play to him!

Holy sh!t, fair play is right its lashing outside thats no short spin on the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

And after all that cycling he lost out to Sean Moncrieff (delighted for Sean, I really enjoy his show), dunno what it means for Ray tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

fifi234ie wrote: »
    And after all that cycling he lost out to Sean Moncrieff (delighted for Sean, I really enjoy his show), dunno what it means for Ray tho

It means he still has loads more listeners than Moncrieff and Dunne.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Went on to the Ray Darcy page to try to get the name of one of Damo Dempseys songs.

I came across photos of a dead baby :eek::eek::eek:

What the fúck is the story with that. Who wants to see that...

Did he say on air "Now, we have the photos of the dead baby on the website for anyone who wants to have a look"

I realise it is a sad and serious story, but seriously ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Went on to the Ray Darcy page to try to get the name of one of Damo Dempseys songs.

You scrolled down too far did you not? Sure Damien is a few posts above that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Saggy Tatersack

DB21 wrote: »

Just joined Boards and it looks like most posters have a personal vendetta against everybody! The age old art of Irish begrudgery is alive, well and thriving.

Neeson wrote: »

You scrolled down too far did you not? Sure Damien is a few posts above that.

I had a browse through the page, is that ok?

Considering most of the items on the show are way too visual for radio, it's probably the only way to make any sense of half of it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Just joined Boards and it looks like most posters have a personal vendetta against everybody! The age old art of Irish begrudgery is alive, well and thriving.

Ah the old "Irish begrudgery" claim, roughly translated becomes "I dont have a counter arguement worth anything".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Did he say on air "Now, we have the photos of the dead baby on the website for anyone who wants to have a look"

I realise it is a sad and serious story, but seriously ...

i wasn't going to say anything but yes the story is sad.come on air and tell it but posting dead baby pics on the website is a bit much.
    totally agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Couldn't believe it when I saw it had to close the page quickly.
    Does anyone know the story behind it, why would someone want those pics up there?

Don't think they should be there at all, but if they did decide to put them there it should at the very least be hidden behind a link with a warning.

Was quite shocked myself but would imagine it would be very upsetting for any parent who has lost a child to stumble upon them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Saggy Tatersack

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Ah the old "Irish begrudgery" claim, roughly translated becomes "I dont have a counter arguement worth anything".

Well, you got me there, can't argue with that. You're absolutely right, definitely roughly translated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Oh Christ... this "Choose John Joe Nevin a Walk-On Song" segment is dying on its arse...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Jon Joe Nevin sounds like hed rather be anywhere else then with Ray Darcy. Hope Ray doesnt have plans on been an MC at boxing matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Oh Christ... this "Choose John Joe Nevin a Walk-On Song" segment is dying on its arse...

In fairness, John Joe is being a bit standoff-ish.

Jeez the subject of that documentary they are talking about is very very sad :(

Ledger wrote: »
    In fairness, John Joe is being a bit standoff-ish.

Yeah, I do think Ray was trying there in fairness to him, John-Joe's not a big interview guy by the sounds of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

ffs how many times has Duffy been on the show and now the son as well.
    come on today fm some one different for a change. and by the way tell maeve Higgins to **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Sleveile

Its getting like the Late Late with the same guests on time and time again.

Just wait for all of the comedians to launch their DVDs for christmas and it'll be a repeat of last years show.

He is some man for the spoilers!

Don't watch any of the TV shows myself, but one of my colleagues has been stung twice with him blurting out spoilers.

Last week it was one of the big shows like Homeland or something - he just exclaimed whatever was the big spoiler.

Today he has blurted out whatever the big drama was in Dowton Abbey last night.

Big big no no for that kind of thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Enjoyed listening to Katie Taylor this morning, she seems like a really grounded no bullsh!t girl. I was glad when Ray didnt try to belittle her beliefs when she was mentioning her faith in her religion.

He handled the whole thing fairly well to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Enjoyed listening to Katie Taylor this morning, she seems like a really grounded no bullsh!t girl. I was glad when Ray didnt try to belittle her beliefs when she was mentioning her faith in her religion.

He handled the whole thing fairly well to be fair.
    Yeah I thought it was gonna be a car crash, but he handled it well.

She's a class act though. Not a fan of her religious stuff, but she's certainly a positive role model and she should be (and rightly is) celebrated for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement