Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

In fairness Mario's impression of Ray is the worst one he does... sounds nothing like him! Delighted Dustin is on, loved the Halloween editions of The Den when I was younger! Ahh memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ah god I love when Dustin is on any show. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Lelantos wrote: »
    If you only send 1 text, yes, it is virtually untraceable, but if its used frequently, (as these kids in Donegal are finding out) its very traceable.

How is it traceable?

Jack L is a class act. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

wnolan1992 wrote: »

He is brilliant great singer and a good segment on the show

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

actually he's not, there's a reason he's still eeking out a living in Ireland

People say he should be bigger internationally , but this is a story they dont know...

he was supposed to play a gig at a small venue in an international city over a decade ago, he never went on stage, presumably because of the small turnout

what Jack didn't realise was that there was a major a+r guy waiting to offer him a serious deal, Jack didnt go on stage and the guy left.

now jack keeps on keepin on, simple as.

my friend wrote: »

People say he should be bigger internationally , but this is a story they dont know...

he was supposed to play a gig at a small venue in an international city over a decade ago, he never went on stage, presumably because of the small turnout

what Jack didn't realise was that there was a major a+r guy waiting to offer him a serious deal, Jack didnt go on stage and the guy left.

Meh, still like his music though, so it's the rest of the world's loss really. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

How the hell do you know that? And what has it got to do with him being a class act?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

I used to like to listen to Jack L, until I saw him. I can't bear him anymore.

Did you hear that people? These sites are harming our children!

This mother on the line has the right idea, she removed her child from a site she didn't like, simple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He's ridiculous. He went on a rant this morning, as he always does, about how nothing can be done because it's located out of the country. But he then suggests the gardai send a strongly worded letter to the owner and he may pay attention to that as opposed to their campaign.

The current segment reminds me of the Joe Duffy Headshop campaign.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He's ridiculous. He went on a rant this morning, as he always does, about how nothing can be done because it's located out of the country. But he then suggests the gardai send a strongly worded letter to the owner and he may pay attention to that as opposed to their campaign.

The current segment reminds me of the Joe Duffy Headshop campaign.

"ARE YOU LIVELINE...

ARE YOU LIVELINE...

ARE YOU LIVELINE IN DISGUISE?"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I see today fm tweeted Neil delamere will be on later, that makes a nice change. with andrew maxwell on recently, Des bishop must be due in soon

I see today fm tweeted Neil delamere will be on later, that makes a nice change. with andrew maxwell on recently, Des bishop must be due in soon

Don't forget David O'Doherty! :p

Good thing is Neil Delamere is pretty funny imo so shouldn't be too bad!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Clanket wrote: »

How the hell do you know that? And what has it got to do with him being a class act?

Class acts don't behave like prima donnas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Class acts don't behave like prima donnas

I'll ask again how you know he done what he allegedly done?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Please god no,but you could be right,let's start the Bishop countdown clock now:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Have you ever gone to see him? He is very much a class act! His drummer and pianist are also amazing! A fantastic talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Any chance of a poll reset to see which way that ~57% goes? I reckon it would go up, but his listnership figures are higher now so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Any chance of a poll reset to see which way that ~57% goes? I reckon it would go up, but his listnership figures are higher now so who knows.

I asked the mods a couple of months back but they never came back to me. There was a high number of votes, would be interesting to see the changes.

EDIT: Adding current votes for the record in case they do decide to give us another vote!
    Get off the air. Your time has passed! : 421 votes 56.66%

Still love you Ray! : 248 votes 33.38%

Havn't noticed a change over time: 74 votes 9.96%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

_feedback_ wrote: »

I asked the mods a couple of months back but they never came back to me. There was a high number of votes, would be interesting to see the changes.

EDIT: Adding current votes for the record in case they do decide to give us another vote!
    Poll would be interesting alright. It seems to be the same dozen or so people posting all of the time, so, it would perhaps show how many alts are floating about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Lelantos wrote: »
    Poll would be interesting alright. It seems to be the same dozen or so people posting all of the time, so, it would perhaps show how many alts are floating about.

You can't change a poll AFAIK. A new thread would need to be started for a new poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You can't change a poll AFAIK. A new thread would need to be started for a new poll.

I've modded other vbulletin boards and that is the case, but simply merging the threads together and selecting the newer thread as the main one replaces the old poll with the new one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think you can edit the results and just reset them all to zero.

Sully wrote: »
    I think you can edit the results and just reset them all to zero.

Sully, you the man, put in a good word for us!

I actually don't know which way I'd vote tbh, in the main I enjoy the show, and would have no idea who I'd prefer in that timeslot instead, but the Ask.fm has really opened my eyes to how bull-headed and egotistical he can be, along with other gripes like the poor treatment of Will and asking Mairead inappropriate questions.

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Sully, you the man, put in a good word for us!

I actually don't know which way I'd vote tbh, in the main I enjoy the show, and would have no idea who I'd prefer in that timeslot instead, but the Ask.fm has really opened my eyes to how bull-headed and egotistical he can be, along with other gripes like the poor treatment of Will and asking Mairead inappropriate questions.

Cringed this morning when he was asking her whether her husband shaved his bits... :\

On an unrelated note, the show Mairead is part of on RTE2 (The Movie Show?) is actually quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

On an unrelated note, the show Mairead is part of on RTE2 (The Movie Show?) is actually quite good.

Any "potentially libellous comments"?

"Did you like the movie?".......

"No."

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I actually don't know which way I'd vote tbh, in the main I enjoy the show, and would have no idea who I'd prefer in that timeslot instead

I think Sean Moncrieff is perfect for it. He can handle serious issues with competence and then go on to a completely different subject and handle it with humour.

They could also give Will his own slot every week to rave about whatever comes to his crazy mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

fifi234ie wrote: »
    I think Sean Moncrieff is perfect for it. He can handle serious issues with competence and then go on to a completely different subject and handle it with humour.

They could also give Will his own slot every week to rave about whatever comes to his crazy mind. :)

I would agree totally with you there, that being said if you had suggested this three years ago I would have laughed.

I think the problem is when Gerry Ryan passed Ray started to change. It was no secret he was gaining listeners at an incredible rate, then he started to buy into his own hype and began to champion every populist cause, over time he left behind the good craic easy listening format and morphed into a hybrid of the Ryan line and Liveline.

The irony is that Ray still belittles Liveline and recently The Late Late Show when in fact he is a poor pretender to both of these shows thrones.

People will most likely challenge this opinion and point to his impressive listenership figures but if we are honest, where is there decent opposition for him? Morning radio in Ireland is not great and IMO it would do Ray no harm to lose the arrogance and remember his roots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mountain

I listened to Anton for a while this morning, it was great to hear a happy voice, he did the newspapers in a cheery tone, not Ray's usual droning monotone.

There seemed to be a different vibe between him, Will and Mairead.

For me it showed just how bad Ray has become.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement