Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Grumpys back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

The sighing and hand-wringing is back... "in many ways we're still a backwards country", "we think we're progressive, but we're not..."

Can we get back to the light-entertainment please Ray?

And if you do decide to go a crusade can you do it without disparaging a whole nation and do it in a way that might actually make a difference instead of moaning in my earhole every morning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

If he thinks its so backwards here with in rays words 'our great leader' enda kenny then why doesn't he just leave like he said he would if kenny became Taoiseach? No that would be doing something that's not hypocritical and as we know, that's not d'arcy!
    The man is the least self aware person in broadcasting. He needs a massive kick up the hole if u ask me. Todayfm management have to step up and take some sort of action against him, high listeners hip figures or not imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

We are a backward country now according to ray. Well my advice to ray is to **** off out the country with your missus and how many other kids you have and do us all a favour. He is lucky that John Murray is a nuclear disaster zone of radio

I'm going to see if there is an email address to management in today fm and email them. As several people have said the top brass in todayfm need to have a strong with him.

Whether you like enda kenny or not what he did a while back when making noise in the background when a clip of enda talking was a ****ing disgrace.

Anybody interested in emailing a standard email to today fm about him ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He's got the dregs on now, Mick Wallace. If he's going to give a lecture on doing the right thing I'm going to drive up to the studio and punch both of them in the head.

We'll see how hypocritical Ray is now, every morning, without fail, he complains about the government. Now we have a proper gangser politician in front of him, let's see what he says about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

very hard to listen to Mick Wallace and Ray Darcy...dont know eh which eh is ehh worse to listen to eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Ray seems to be going easy enough on Mick. Pure gangster. Have no time for the cheat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

JM Skipton wrote: »
    In fairness would Anton have got any gig in radio or TV without having the parents he has.

Yes he would. Do you really think Today FM employed him just because his Father is head of RTE, and his Mother works in PR? He is a very good broadcaster, that's all that matters to them.

Judge the man on his ability, not his parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Skid wrote: »
    Yes he would. Do you really think Today FM employed him just because his Father is head of RTE, and his Mother works in PR? He is a very good broadcaster, that's all that matters to them.

Judge the man on his ability, not his parents.

So you know for definite that he would, ok then I stand corrected.
    And as for his ability I am judging that and I don't believe he is a patch on Ray, but again its just a discussion board where your opinion is as valid as mine and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,020 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

SIGH tut sigh abortion religion tut sigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

D'arcy discussing self awareness. U couldn't make this up...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Jason Todd wrote: »
    The sighing and hand-wringing is back... "in many ways we're still a backwards country", "we think we're progressive, but we're not..."

Can we get back to the light-entertainment please Ray?

And if you do decide to go a crusade can you do it without disparaging a whole nation and do it in a way that might actually make a difference instead of moaning in my earhole every morning. :(

Fo a large portion of that first segment I was actually thinking to myself, well fair play to the fecker. He's not going to town on it. He was going through the story in a couple of papers, then kind of finished off the piece with saying how tragic the whole thing was.

I thought, jaysus, we spoke too soon on boards yesterday saying how he would have dealt with it.

Then.

You could almost picture him, throwing the papers up in the air, sitting back in the chair, throwing the eyes to heaven, having a big sigh, and then the Ray Darcy address to the nation.

Drive you bloody mad it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

Can't believe how rude he is being to his guest. I would have walked out at this stage.
    Ray needs to get a grip. Can Anton get the gig full time please Today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Can't believe how rude he is being to his guest. I would have walked out at this stage.
    Ray needs to get a grip. Can Anton get the gig full time please Today FM

i thought the same, the guest said 'some people have great memory they know what they ate in mcdonalds on x march 1946'

ray buts in, 'was mcdonalds around in 1946'

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

whats his obsession with what people earn????

today to mick wallace he asks what his company was worth and what he was been payed as a director.

asks depac chopra at the outset if he thinks hes worth people paying €60 to see him,

recently asked sharon corr how much is she worth.....

does he think listeners actually give a f**k ??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

have not listened to him in ages.took a loan of a van for a few hours and today fm was tuned in so i left it alone.

while i was diving he had segments with mick wallace and the last fellow, chopra ? , talking about the mind etc.

he was rude to Chopra, and very nice and friendly to Mick Wallace. Says it all really. Made me remember why I turned his off years ago.

I never used to like Anton much, i thought he was a bit old fashioned and a bit dry, but jesus hes a 100 times more professional than that tosser

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

"I'm bamboozled by your bull****"

the flailing last ditch attempt at winning a debate when he had nothing sensible to bring to the table.

Pure ignorance, regardless of the guest's beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

zuroph wrote: »
    "I'm bamboozled by your bull****"

the flailing last ditch attempt at winning a debate when he had nothing sensible to bring to the table.

Pure ignorance, regardless of the guest's beliefs.

WHo did he say that to ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I agree Ray is getting a bit above himself,a good example of this is the suicide thing he is trying to do.Dont get me wrong its a great cause but he is trying to get a load of people in a room to bang heads together and come up with ideas.

He is a DJ,leave the serious stuff to the experts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Dub13 wrote: »
    I agree Ray is getting a bit above himself,a good example of this is the suicide thing he is trying to do.Dont get me wrong its a great cause but he is trying to get a load of people in a room to bang heads together and come up with ideas.

He is a DJ,leave the serious stuff to the experts.

I stopped listening around the time he started on about this.
    Some attempt he made to get organisations together - he asked for them to contact him rather than the other way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

WHo did he say that to ?

Deepak Chopra.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I stopped listening around the time he started on about this.
    Some attempt he made to get organisations together - he asked for them to contact him rather than the other way around!

He is back going on about it now,said he got something like 200 people getting onto him.He plans on getting them all into a room and doing something.

A part of me does not want to knock it as its such a good cause but again he is a DJ,I think he needs to step back a bit and cop on.By all means give things air time,but let the experts do what they are good at.

Dub13 wrote: »

He is back going on about it now,said he got something like 200 people getting onto him.He plans on getting them all into a room and doing something.

A part of me does not want to knock it as its such a good cause but again he is a DJ,I think he needs to step back a bit and cop on.By all means give things air time,but let the experts do what they are good at.

That is all coming from a guy who read out an email from a suicidal listener on air, and replied by telling them not to be selfish...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Did his show about suicide ever get shown on tv. I remember he took time off for it nearly 18 months or so ago. Don't remember seeing on tv tho

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Did his show about suicide ever get shown on tv. I remember he took time off for it nearly 18 months or so ago. Don't remember seeing on tv tho

It did and all very arty, long range camera shots of Ray standing on a pier and then zoom to Ray doing his smell the fart look as he stares out over the docks.

He has appointed himself as the moral and social guardian of the nation and reverently believes he is the best person for this job.

He is in a position to get the attention of the right people and organisations to deal with these issues but unfortunately his own ego is far too large to allow him to step aside.

I really wanted to kill him this morning when he started the backward nation spiel and as always he returns to the catholic church, the show just becomes more stale by the hour.

Surprised he didn't ask that caller to count to ten there.

"Very bad line. Can't go on with that. We'll call you back there"

"Ok she's back. Is that any better now, I'll check."

"Right ok."

"No, hold on, that's still the same"

"Are you shuffling there?" (:confused: WTF sort of question is that :D) Caller: " <silence> eh, no"

"Are you shuffling or something there"

"No this isn't good enough, we'll call you back later"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Listened between 10 and 10:30 today, really enjoyable. Light-hearted, relaxed, having a bit of craic. Friday is fast becoming the best day on the show IMO. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

The computer, phone lines and eject buttons etc were being mentioned quite a bit again today.

Not to sure what the actual problem is, either the technology itself or the fact Ray doesn't know how to use it properly but whoever owns that station could do with getting it sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I've got it!

He wants the Liveline gig!! Its so simple its beautiful!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement