Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

TBP wrote: »
    The computer, phone lines and eject buttons etc were being mentioned quite a bit again today.

Not to sure what the actual problem is, either the technology itself or the fact Ray doesn't know how to use it properly but whoever owns that station could do with getting it sorted out.

It seemed to be actually the equipment today, they are all complaining about it.

Although it was quite funny at one point Ray said "it actually is the computer causing the problems today and not me". "I'm the first to hold my hands up when I mess up".

Yes Ray!! :D

"Ahhh now, who has been messing with that". "I had that all lined up and now someone has taken it out". "Stop Stop, who put that there, eject".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

_feedback_ wrote: »
    It seemed to be actually the equipment today, they are all complaining about it.

Although it was quite funny at one point Ray said "it actually is the computer causing the problems today and not me". "I'm the first to hold my hands up when I mess up".

Yes Ray!! :D

"Ahhh now, who has been messing with that". "I had that all lined up and now someone has taken it out". "Stop Stop, who put that there, eject".

Then he'll play a song when he doesn't have the time to (eg. 2 minutes to 10am) and abandons it after a minute.

"We'll play that in its entirety after the news/next week" etc.:o

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ray is being true to form again today. Didn't watch all of a programme on rte and incorrectly said the women didnt find her son.

Second he either doesn't know or can't pronounce those wonderful bunch of lads known as Hamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Ray I couldn't give a flying fúck what the weather is like in Dublin city centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Ray I couldn't give a flying fúck what the weather is like in Dublin city centre!

What was it like out of a matter of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Poor Will hope he gets better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

fifi234ie wrote: »

What's wrong with him? I didn't hear the show today. Nothing serious I hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

fifi234ie wrote: »

What was this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Will and his family got the vomiting bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

When Ray asks a question and then follows up with "Well I will tell you why, will I tell you why?". That gives me the vomiting bug.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

reading ALOT of comments on this people saying things like..."oh ffs ray said this again, that again" "on about his family...again" "we dont care what u think ray" blah blah blah giving out he said this, he done that, he should do this, he shouldn't do that etc etc...Why are ye even listening to him? why turn on the show? I don't get it...alot of hate for ray but yet the haters know what hes talking about on his show everyday!! if you dont like it, turn it off. s.i.m.p.l.e.!

reading ALOT of comments on this people saying things like..."oh ffs ray said this again, that again" "on about his family...again" "we dont care what u think ray" blah blah blah giving out he said this, he done that, he should do this, he shouldn't do that etc etc...Why are ye even listening to him? why turn on the show? I don't get it...alot of hate for ray but yet the haters know what hes talking about on his show everyday!! if you dont like it, turn it off. s.i.m.p.l.e.!

That has been said before too

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭k_smash

I must agree with 'stop animal cruelty'.,,
    I can't understand why all of you begrudgers just don't change the radio and listen to someone else.. It is so easy..no need to give Ray such a hard time...

I can't understand why all of you begrudgers just don't change the radio and listen to someone else.. It is so easy..no need to give Ray such a hard time...

k_smash wrote: »

Why do you call other posters with differing opinions to your own begrudgers? Just curious why you think that.

Why do you call other posters with differing opinions to your own begrudgers? Just curious why you think that.

Fair point.. My reason being Ray is doing his job and it's not very pleasant to have someone question your ability to perform in a job situation. He has his own show and I think that says a lot about his ability...

Fair point.. My reason being Ray is doing his job and it's not very pleasant to have someone question your ability to perform in a job situation. He has his own show and I think that says a lot about his ability...

But if we didnt question peoples ability to perform in their job situations the world of commerce would just stop.

Can you imagine universal acceptance of everyone in their given roles without question or accountability? Nobody to answer to would surely mean over time people would cease to care about performance levels, given the fact that they are just accepted because thats their professional role.

No, I think if Ray merited the respect you believe he should garner from me the very least he could do is master the basics of the equipment he works with on a daily basis.

Look I appreciate where you are coming from and respect your opinion I once felt the same but the last few years have grated my nerves. Jason Byrne again today !! When Ray gets a song or a guest he likes he keeps them for life(Paulo Nutini) In my opinion the show needs a major freshen up and perhaps a new name.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Someone find the post with the list of possible reasons why people listen there please.

I cba anymore tbh. :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Someone find the post with the list of possible reasons why people listen there please.

I cba anymore tbh. :P

:D:D

But if we didnt question peoples ability to perform in their job situations the world of commerce would just stop.

Can you imagine universal acceptance of everyone in their given roles without question or accountability? Nobody to answer to would surely mean over time people would cease to care about performance levels, given the fact that they are just accepted because thats their professional role.

No, I think if Ray merited the respect you believe he should garner from me the very least he could do is master the basics of the equipment he works with on a daily basis.

Look I appreciate where you are coming from and respect your opinion I once felt the same but the last few years have grated my nerves. Jason Byrne again today !! When Ray gets a song or a guest he likes he keeps them for life(Paulo Nutini) In my opinion the show needs a major freshen up and perhaps a new name.

When it starts to grate the nerves, I think your aswel off to switch it off. I just don't get it why people are annoyed so much & give out about him that they keep listening. :confused:

I can't stand Pat kenny so I don't bother my backside listening or looking at him on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

When it starts to grate the nerves, I think your aswel off to switch it off. I just don't get it why people are annoyed so much & give out about him that they keep listening. :confused:

I can't stand Pat kenny so I don't bother my backside listening or looking at him on tv.

It's been explained countless times but a lot of people dont get that option. They work in an office or a store or something where the radio is always on.

Good idea cant believe that has never been suggested or replied to on this thread before thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Not strictly darcy but today fm are pushing this stupid "gathering" thing a bit to much. just been some aul yoke on an ad boasting how her local school are doing a reunion and then today fm telling its how proud they are to sponsor the farce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

all of you begrudgers

You need to look up the meaning of the word, like so many others who throw it around all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Now that Ray Foley is on until 10am, I'll very rarely have to hear D'Arcy's Daily Misery Segment at 9:04 reading the papers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mountain

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Now that Ray Foley is on until 10am, I'll very rarely have to hear D'Arcy's Daily Misery Segment at 9:04 reading the papers. :)

Ah, you missed him saying this morning that "I'd love to get the catholic bishops into a room and ask them about abortions".....

later on he was talking about the low level of breastfeeding in this country, and he said "what are we going to do about that"?

He has become so infuriating to listen to, he complains and moans about so many things, yet, he never comes up with a workable solution himself.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's been explained countless times but a lot of people dont get that option. They work in an office or a store or something where the radio is always on.

good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,020 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mountain wrote: »
    Ah, you missed him saying this morning that "I'd love to get the catholic bishops into a room and ask them about abortions".....

later on he was talking about the low level of breastfeeding in this country, and he said "what are we going to do about that"?

He has become so infuriating to listen to, he complains and moans about so many things, yet, he never comes up with a workable solution himself.
    can picture ray with the strap on boob!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Michael Bublé is just too cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Bublé came across really well I thought. Liked the way he said Carson and graham norton had a very good technique and let their guests shine while they sat back. I'd like to think it was a dig at ray but nah bublé is too nice for that, right:)???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement