Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Ray was late into the 11am news this morning (the "It's almost 11 o'clock..." ad came on at 11.01 and Sinéad Spain never clarified) and late finishing, meaning KC was late starting. I like Declan O'Rourke so I didn't mind that too much, but didn't Ray complain lately when Ian finished late and it had a knock-on effect on his start?

Also, he played Heart On My Sleeve by Olly Murs instead of Heart Skips A Beat.

And Mairéad was very annoying today. Like a child she demanded that a Christmas song be played even though it's still November, and then, when there was a vote and the 'yes' side won by nine votes she celebrated as if she had won the World Cup.

The thoughts of his one Bauble two Bauble bullsh!t with regards to his Christmas song choice is already annoying me.

I think Ray really truely believes he has to protect his listeners from themselves. Christmas will be ruined if he plays certain songs too early and the constant need to explain every little thing to us, such as the pun in the paper that someone has already mentioned "justice is done"!

Then how after every childish ridiculous joke he attempts to make he follows up with, "do ya see what I did there?" Then breaks it down to almost syllables for us simpletons !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I think Ray really truely believes he has to protect his listeners from themselves

Nail on the head there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Coll79

Back to The Coronas being unquestionably horrendous.

For about 2 years I thought the lead singer was a woman. Some type of emo lesbian yoke who can't sing properly.

Then not long ago I open a paper and start reading about how this Coronas lead singer(weird looking hairy) has only gone and bagged himself Laura Whitmore.

Fair f*cks to the guy, enjoy while it lasts. Punching well above his weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Coll79 wrote: »
    Back to The Coronas being unquestionably horrendous.

For about 2 years I thought the lead singer was a woman. Some type of emo lesbian yoke who can't sing properly.

Then not long ago I open a paper and start reading about how this Coronas lead singer(weird looking hairy) has only gone and bagged himself Laura Whitmore.

Fair f*cks to the guy, enjoy while it lasts. Punching well above his weight.

Ray D'Arcy thread, not Coronas thread.

I know what thread it is Einstein.

About 10 people already commented on them and someone else put up a video of their song so don't get your knickers in a twist and spit your dummy b'cos people don't like one of your bands. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Coll79 wrote: »
    I know what thread it is Einstein.

About 10 people already commented on them and someone else put up a video of their song so don't get your knickers in a twist and spit your dummy b'cos people don't like one of your bands. :)

'Scuse me? Did I mention them at all? You're dragging it up again when it's been left behind yesterday for the actual thread topic, don't be so bloody rude.

Dragging what all up again? Did I comment yesterday. No. You mean the other people dissing the sacred Coronas? Why didn't you jump on them?

I haven't been on here in over a month, I make one post and I have the thread police saying, "Ray D'Arcy thread here - pull over".

D'Arcy plays The Coronas quite a lot doesn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

See?

This is what happens when we start discussing music!

:pac:

Sorry for getting off topic Cerulean Chicken. Won't happen again.

Anyway back to Misery Guts.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

How tall are you? I'm five foot 8 and 3/4's on a good day. D'you have kids?
    How much money do you earn? I'm out of questions.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Another thing I couldn't get over was that he was essentially ignorant of Ford's links to Cork, surely he remembers the factory closing in 1984?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

He's doing the whole look back at interviews thing that he does every once in a while, for some reason that I'm not quite sure of.

Still mentioning Conor Mortimer and Jerry Seinfeld as bad interviewees. He also mentions Ray L'Amontange (sp?) - I don't remember that one myself.

Wonder will he mention the kids to Dara O Briain again?! After Dara pulled him up on it the last time :D

EDIT: Oh god, he is straight in to what time he feeds the baby at in the evenings.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

and they're talking kids...again...

It's very annoying the way he has Dara O Briain (who proved to be a great guest with Anton) in, presumably to talk about his new science show on the BBC. It just all turns to being about Ray.

Ray: "So, the science show on the BBC"
    Dara: "Yes, it's great"
    Ray: "I don't watch it because I record the news at 6, as I'm feeding the baby at that time, and I usually watch it later on then at about 8.30. So I'd miss the science show"
    Dara: "Shutup Ray- Ah right ...... Yeah, it's great. Next week we will be looking at the brain. It's amazing .... "
    Ray (interrupting): "Yeah we have had loads of people on the show talking about the brain recently <2 or 3 mins about some books that have no relevance>"

It's not about you Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

I was literally in the middle of writing a post praising the show today, it seemed to be more light hearted. And then this **** again with dara o'briain. When I heard he was on I turned to a buddy at work and said how long before he starts talking about kids, and sure enough he does it straight away. The man is turning into the biggest pain in the hole in Irish broadcasting!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,468 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

_feedback_ wrote: »
    It's very annoying the way he has Dara O Briain (who proved to be a great guest with Anton) in, presumably to talk about his new science show on the BBC. It just all turns to being about Ray.

It's not about you Ray.

And at the end he asks Dara for his verdict on various books and barely gives him a word in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

By god is he proud about calling that other science guy a bull****ter or what!! It's only radio but I swear I could see his chest all puffed out when he was relating it all to Dara. Yeah Ray you really stuck it to that guy back then, you old hardnosed broadcaster you! :rolleyes:

LLU wrote: »
    By god is he proud about calling that other science guy a bull****ter or what!! It's only radio but I swear I could see his chest all puffed out when he was relating it all to Dara. Yeah Ray you really stuck it to that guy back then, you old hardnosed broadcaster you! :rolleyes:

When they were doing the piece about past interviews I'd say they got hammered with texts telling him that those bad interviews were his own doing. They didn't choose to read them though (that I heard at least).

He did read one though which referred to his "interview" with mary Harney. "Your phone interview with Mary Harney was one of the best pieces of public broadcasting I have ever heard".

Not shítting you. I remember that one. It was abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mountain

_feedback_ wrote: »
    When they were doing the piece about past interviews I'd say they got hammered with texts telling him that those bad interviews were his own doing. They didn't choose to read them though (that I heard at least).

I sent a text pointing out that Ray was the one common factor in those bad interviews.

Not surprised that it wasnt read out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Heard the end of the Dara interview. Must've just missed the part with the kids.

Could listen to Dara talk for hours. Love hearing comedians who are clearly really intelligent.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Love hearing comedians who are clearly really intelligent.

Yes, it's the common denominator of all my fave stand-ups: O'Briain, Boyle, Hicks, Carr, Bailey, all clearly brilliant guys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Yes, it's the common denominator of all my fave stand-ups: O'Briain, Boyle, Hicks, Carr, Bailey, all clearly brilliant guys...
    Seriously?:confused:

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Seriously?:confused:

Well perhaps not as much as the other guys but he's clearly very bright and I think would be a more interesting stand-up if he went beyond the quickfire gags and did the more intelligent, 'reality-based' comedy he is clearly capable of...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Well perhaps not as much as the other guys but he's clearly very bright and I think would be a more interesting stand-up if he went beyond the quickfire gags and did the more intelligent, 'reality-based' comedy he is clearly capable of...
    Sorry, just realised you meant Jimmy, not Alan:o

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Sorry, just realised you meant Jimmy, not Alan:o

That's ok, my own fault for being too lazy to write Christian names.:p Maeve Higgins, Josie Long and the late Linda Smith would also be on my list in case anyone thinks I'm sexist...

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Maeve Higgins? she's not a comedian, she's not even funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

From music to comedians. What's next, religion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

swiftman wrote: »
    Maeve Higgins? she's not a comedian, she's not even funny

Does D'arcy still bring her on the show every week to ramble on about nothing in particular?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

religion? thats not a discussion, sure its not even real

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Clanket wrote: »
    From music to comedians. What's next, religion :pac:

Thats been taken care of in a thread over in AH! It's going so fast it's hard to keep up with. :pac:

I think we should move on to movies :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Dara's on with Sean Moncrieff today, a proper interviewer who'll only mention his kids to take the p*ss out of them :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement