Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Woohoo Anton's in for Ray tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

fifi234ie wrote: »
    Woohoo Anton's in for Ray tomorrow
    Again? Ray seems to get a lot of time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mountain

Dont you know how tired Ray gets looking after his kids? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

dont complain about a good thing. ;)

do you give out when your given sweets :pac: :pac:

ill actually listen to the show tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ethan Edwards

The show is so much more fun with Anton. I was delighted when i heard him this morning.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

It's very easy listening today to be fair to Anton .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sos89

Sickened, have stopped listening to D'Arcy cause i cant stand all the moaning anymore only to find out ive missed Anton today. Atleast i get the last 35min of him i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Karl Pilkington interview up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Dear Ray, I just caught some of your interview with Paul Galvin.
    Just a few basic tips,

If you ask a question please let the interviewee answer it before you move on to the next one.

You have the interviewee on for a reason ie so that we can listen to them and their views, please don't ask a question and then give your opinion.

Never ever cut across or talk over the interviewee, it's just rude.

If the question invokes a tangent that is interesting , go with it. Don't stop them to ask another inane question.

Plan your interview so that you don't ask a question and then stop him answering do that you can go to a break. Wtf was that ?

Never ever highlight a shortcoming of an interviewee, pointing out the problems you had finding his site on air was rude and ignorant. By all means highlight the problem off air.

Do your homework and stop going off on tangents that you are interested in, what has anything Bod is doing got to do with Paul Galvin ?

Finally please give up interviewing people , because you are totally crap at it and suck the life out of most of the people you have on!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Enjoyed hearing Joe Brolly this morning. Generally don't like the man as a pundit, but fair f*cks to him for helping to highlight organ donation.

Hope he's successful with his opt-out plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Enjoyed hearing Joe Brolly this morning. Generally don't like the man as a pundit, but fair f*cks to him for helping to highlight organ donation.

Hope he's successful with his opt-out plans.
    i know its for a good cause and all that but the interview nearly put me into a state of depression.the subject matter combined with brollys low drawn out accent made me switch channels.turned back after half an hour and they were still chatting!i know the organ donor issue needs highlighting but that wag the pits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Shelflife wrote: »
    Dear Ray, I just caught some of your interview with Paul Galvin.
    Just a few basic tips,

If you ask a question please let the interviewee answer it before you move on to the next one.

You have the interviewee on for a reason ie so that we can listen to them and their views, please don't ask a question and then give your opinion.

Never ever cut across or talk over the interviewee, it's just rude.

If the question invokes a tangent that is interesting , go with it. Don't stop them to ask another inane question.

Plan your interview so that you don't ask a question and then stop him answering do that you can go to a break. Wtf was that ?

Never ever highlight a shortcoming of an interviewee, pointing out the problems you had finding his site on air was rude and ignorant. By all means highlight the problem off air.

Do your homework and stop going off on tangents that you are interested in, what has anything Bod is doing got to do with Paul Galvin ?

Finally please give up interviewing people , because you are totally crap at it and suck the life out of most of the people you have on!

Absolutely spot on, great post, hope u emailed that in. He'll argue that he was running out of time as it was the end of the show with galvin, but he's always trying to squeeze people in before 12 resulting in a rushed, worse than usual mess of an interview. He did it with David macwilliams recently enough as well.
    He's just getting continually worse and we can only hope that his listenership figures continue to decline before management take action. Just awful radio listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Nice to see Ray still has some fun left in him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

does darcy think his listeners are thick or that he is the only one who gets puns in newspapers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

neris wrote: »
    does darcy think his listeners are thick or that he is the only one who gets puns in newspapers?

I know, I actually cringed. I usually listen to Foley from 9-10 online now but I was still in the car at 9 this morning so I put him on. Once he started being condescending during his depression-fest of reading the newspapers I switched off. Christ almighty, the man must think we are a nation of buffoons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Oh I dunno, I for one would never in a hundred years have got the connection between 'Brussels spouts' and 'Brussels spRouts' if he hadn't kindly brought it to my attention, that's pretty high brow stuff! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

One of Ray's problems is that he thinks he is more intelligent than he actually is.

He will explain puns like that to show his cleverness, but I recall a few years ago that he was describing a picture taken after some rugby match that Tommy Bowe had played in, of a girl holding a banner saying "I'll be your queen of the land". Ray hadn't a clue what the reference was (I would explain it but then I'd be like him!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I know, I actually cringed. I usually listen to Foley from 9-10 online now but I was still in the car at 9 this morning so I put him on. Once he started being condescending during his depression-fest of reading the newspapers I switched off. Christ almighty, the man must think we are a nation of buffoons.

Too many years on kids tv and it seems he still thinks hes presenting childeren's programmes because he definitely treats his listeners like 9 year olds.

Jesus Christ he actually does think that, he treats his listeners like six year olds.

Hey, little known fact..... Ray actually has a six year old himself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Dear Jesus lads...

I'm steering well clear of the show tomorrow morning following that budget... *shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 icelime

Correcting the grammar of a lady whose sister was murdered was today's low point for me. She mistakenly said he "was" quiet instead of 'is', because he's still alive, she was wrong you see. With her tenses. Don't worry. He interrupted her story to tell her.
    That was today's low point. There will be a new one tomorrow.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Dear Jesus lads...

I'm steering well clear of the show tomorrow morning following that budget... *shudder*[/QUOT

Fear not, by the time the sighing finishes the show will be over:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

icelime wrote: »
    Correcting the grammar of a lady whose sister was murdered was today's low point for me. She mistakenly said he "was" quiet instead of 'is', because he's still alive, she was wrong you see. With her tenses. Don't worry. He interrupted her story to tell her.
    That was today's low point. There will be a new one tomorrow.

Yeah there was a slight delay after that before she resumed telling her story and ya cud almost hear her thinking "you pedantic prat".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm starting to be convinced that he's actually playing his own weird kind of drinking game when it comes to interviewing guests. It's like he's purposely trying to mention his kids in every interview.

When people first started to give out about it I was thinking, jeez give the guy a break he's just become a father, of course he's going to talk about his child. But now it's every single interview. Why does he have to bring it back to himself every time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Ever since they had baby Tom he is the smuggest prat in the whole world,

and he drops it into every conversation - FFS - Jedward! like they care.... what would you buy a 6 month old - then he goes on to say what his 6 year old wants then he switches back to the 6 month old

his time has come and gone and he certainly does not have the ear of the nation, he now thinks we are interested in his little world and all that goes on,

I felt so sorry for that poor girl yesterday telling the story about her sister when he did that though!

Its a pisser ......... you know he is 47 and has 2 kids - get over it Ray we all know, change the record

Drinking game for today, everytime Ray says any of the following
    we have a shot. I dunno lads, aaaaah, this country, government, child benefit or out of touch..I think we should all be twisted by ten past nine. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Lol, the irony of Ray reading out that complaint about the Australian Today FM station mistakenly sent to its Irish namesake about the fake phonecall to Kate Middleton's nurse.

That's the only complaint you'll hear read out on the Ray D'arcy show. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Speaking of irony, I couldn't believe he said the papers were "sado-masochist", and he said: "they must like bringing us bad news all the time..."

I'll just leave that^ there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Speaking of irony, I couldn't believe he said the papers were "sado-masochist", and he said: "they must like bringing us bad news all the time..."

I'll just leave that^ there. :rolleyes:

*Sigh* Ah, I dunno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Jesus Christ he actually does think that, he treats his listeners like six year olds.

Hey, little known fact..... Ray actually has a six year old himself!!!

Has he,he never mentions it :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement