Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

icelime wrote: »
    Correcting the grammar of a lady whose sister was murdered was today's low point for me. She mistakenly said he "was" quiet instead of 'is', because he's still alive, she was wrong you see. With her tenses. Don't worry. He interrupted her story to tell her.
    That was today's low point. There will be a new one tomorrow.

Maybe it's a bizarre plot to pull in more listeners and I'm falling for it, but I have to hear that for myself! Anyone know is it available to playback on their website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

LLU wrote: »
    Maybe it's a bizarre plot to pull in more listeners and I'm falling for it, but I have to hear that for myself! Anyone know is it available to playback on their website?

Yeah, there is a Listen Back feature on the website. Unless you know roughly what time the segment was on though you could be trawling through the whole show which is split into 3 segments.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Jason Todd wrote: »

Yeah, there is a Listen Back feature on the website. Unless you know roughly what time the segment was on though you could be trawling through the whole show which is split into 3 segments.
    It was just before the hour as the news was late. I think it was before 10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Rosanna Davison...

...turns off radio... with a hammer

I grew up listening (and loving) Gerry Ryan, and he always talked about his children, wife and homelife,

however the difference between himself and saint Ray talking about his kids is that he never claimed to be superdad, he took the piss out of his kids by telling the listeners about their bad habits and various trouble they had in school, he always took the piss out of himself as a dad, and he NEVER pontificated to the listeners about childrearing.

Imagine Gerry Ryan coming out with a statement like Ray did last week " Why is it in this country so few women breastfeed,I would if I could but I cant im a man, theres needs to be more education etc etc" and theres the difference! (i heard him on a radio in a shop, i turned off that tosser ages ago)

I know Ryan Turbidy can be a bit boring, but he is a gentleman who never judges anyone, he cant carry out an interview with the upmost respect and he doesn't preach about his kids, id advise everyone to make the switchover!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Access wrote: »
    Rosanna Davison...

...turns off radio... with a hammer

Why?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It was just before the hour as the news was late. I think it was before 10

Just listened back to the interview and didn't notice Ray interrupting her to say it. It starts in Part 1 about 50 minutes and continues through to part 2. If anyone else is listening back and hears it can they post the exact time here.

Overall I thought he conducted the interview well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

el diablo wrote: »
    Why?

Fairly insensitive having a privileged, jet setting, pampered princess talk about her wonderful life and how awesome 2012 was for her... This just five minutes after a link discussing a four year old child being lucky to get two slices of bread for breakfast!

I'm not really blaming Ray or the team for booking her, I am sure some people are interested in celebrity lifestyle and fair play if that's their thing. I was just uneasy listening to it after the budget horror stories.

I think they should have light days and heavy days on the show. Let Friday*** be for celebrities, bra's, kids, running, other bullsh.t,Faux compliments to Mairéad about how great she is...

Monday to Thursday should be a lay persons discussion to the issues of the day, not an in depth evaluation because with the exception of will I don't think the are knowledgeable enough... But for a regular Joe discussion they are bang on!
    *** I don't listen Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Deedsie wrote: »
    Fairly insensitive having a privileged, jet setting, pampered princess talk about her wonderful life and how awesome 2012 was for her... This just five minutes after a link discussing a four year old child being lucky to get two slices of bread for breakfast!

I'm not really blaming Ray or the team for booking her, I am sure some people are interested in celebrity lifestyle and fair play if that's their thing. I was just uneasy listening to it after the budget horror stories.

I think they should have light days and heavy days on the show. Let Friday*** be for celebrities, bra's, kids, running, other bullsh.t,Faux compliments to Mairéad about how great she is...

Monday to Thursday should be a lay persons discussion to the issues of the day, not an in depth evaluation because with the exception of will I don't think the are knowledgeable enough... But for a regular Joe discussion they are bang on!
    *** I don't listen Friday

Thank you deedsie... could not have said it better myself.

I think they should have light days and heavy days on the show.

Yeh that's all the show needs. Full days of misery stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Clanket wrote: »
    Yeh that's all the show needs. Full days of misery stories.

Ya, cause that's what I suggested!

What, then, would you classify as a heavy story day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Ya, cause that's what I suggested!

You did say 'heavy days' in fairness. :o

He needs the show to go back to the light-entertainment format it once had. More light-hearted bits, some new games/quizzes/segments, less politic talk (thats what TodayFM have The Last Word for) and nothing wrong with those heart-wrenching stories that you make you feel blessed with your own life maybe once a week, but not nearly every day. And if your gonna get into personal lives can we have more of the funny sh!t that happens to the team instead of condescending parenting masterclasses.

Please and thank you :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Would it be safe to say the show started to change once everyone started popping out babies? As best I can recall, I reckon it would have been around the time Jenny got pregnant with Kate that they started to move away from the fun stuff.

Damn kids! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 icelime

Clanket wrote: »
    Just listened back to the interview and didn't notice Ray interrupting her to say it. It starts in Part 1 about 50 minutes and continues through to part 2. If anyone else is listening back and hears it can they post the exact time here.

Overall I thought he conducted the interview well.
    It was in reference to his height actually, but the correction is just as unnecessary. Part one, 50 minutes and 50 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I tuned in briefly this morning, just after the segment with the child who was shaving his hair after 3 years for Rapunzel (I was flicking between D'Arcy and NT, so caught the start of that interview and then next link).

I'm beginning to wonder, are his team taking the piss with the "I'm a Xft tall Y stone man and I'm balling my eyes out here." texts? Because I have to believe they're not being serious any more...

I have to believe that...

For my own sanity... :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to wonder, are his team taking the piss with the "I'm a Xft tall Y stone man and I'm balling my eyes out here." texts? Because I have to believe they're not being serious any more...

I have to believe that...

For my own sanity... :\

Whenever I hear them I always think it has to be a boardsie taking the p*** and just laugh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

fifi234ie wrote: »
    Whenever I hear them I always think it has to be a boardsie taking the p*** and just laugh

I thought that today!! :D

I used to be such a huge fan of his show, I'd never miss a day. Now I'm finding myself switching over a a lot more and even listening to Tubridy. The shame! :(

What went wrong? I blame the kids and just him getting older and crankier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

Did anyone catch Will having his rant about the Budget - and Ray taking offense that Will was having a jibe at him (he wasn't) but Ray had to turn it back to him, I know the show is named after him but come on does it all have to be about Ray.

Also, something that gets my goat up about the likes of Ray, Ryan etc - is the double, treble jobbing that they do. Ray is probably paid well for his work on TodayFM but in a country that jobs are not as easy to get like a Breakfast Roll in 2007, why is he taking 2 jobs, the Today FM one & filming for School Around The Corner. So he can sit there sighing and pontificating about politicians etc - whilst he takes more than his share of jobs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Would it be safe to say the show started to change once everyone started popping out babies? As best I can recall, I reckon it would have been around the time Jenny got pregnant with Kate that they started to move away from the fun stuff.

Damn kids! :pac:

It all changed when Ray got together with Jenny. All of a sudden he became a relationship and sex expert. T'was like the virgin at school finally getting his hole and couldn't shut up about it.

The man can't say the word balls in any context without giggling. Embarassing.

And of course once he had the kids......................Shoe-horning (Hehehehe Ray "horn" see what i did there..) the sprogs into any occassion he can. Getting tiresome now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

robo wrote: »
    Did anyone catch Will having his rant about the Budget - and Ray taking offense that Will was having a jibe at him (he wasn't) but Ray had to turn it back to him, I know the show is named after him but come on does it all have to be about Ray.
    :rolleyes:

I thought that too - ray put him in his place,

It all changed when Ray got together with Jenny. All of a sudden he became a relationship and sex expert. T'was like the virgin at school finally getting his hole and couldn't shut up about it.

The man can't say the word balls in any context without giggling. Embarassing.

And of course once he had the kids......................Shoe-horning (Hehehehe Ray "horn" see what i did there..) the sprogs into any occassion he can. Getting tiresome now.

Thats it - you put your finger on it - its a pain and I just turn off now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ah Dustin! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

dustins in great form this morning, pissing myself here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Ah the Christmas outside broadcast.... does this mean we have Andrew Maxwell as the Elf to look forward to? Even Colm on 2FM is preferable to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

ncmc wrote: »
    Ah the Christmas outside broadcast.... does this mean we have Andrew Maxwell as the Elf to look forward to? Even Colm on 2FM is preferable to that!

Yup he's just on, same **** different year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

FFS, I hate being right! This wasn't remotely funny last year, why trot it out again this year :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

FFS, I hate being right! This wasn't remotely funny last year, why trot it out again this year :mad:

In fairness, Andrew Maxwell's jokes get a lot of laughs. From Andrew Maxwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

DuckStab wrote: »
    In fairness, Andrew Maxwell's jokes get a lot of laughs. From Andrew Maxwell.

I hope he smokes a pipe!! Comic genius:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Awe I liked the show today! Loved Dustin! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Rosanna Davison in The Sun today giving out about being questioned by Ray about a boob job, and not dropping it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement