Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Ah Lads, would ye stop? The 6 foot 5 18 stone lad was one of ye right??!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

zuroph wrote: »

Ah, you're kidding? The show is becoming a parody of itself. Unless one of the today fm staffers is 6 foot 5, 18 stone and has some serious emotional issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Why does Darcy always go on about peoples height in every interview???

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Why does Darcy always go on about peoples height in every interview???
    Inferiority complex. His height is the only thing preventing him from completing his transition into "uncle gaybo mark2".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Inferiority complex. His height is the only thing preventing him from completing his transition into "uncle gaybo mark2".

the whole "no strings" thing is a bit cringe aswell at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

zuroph wrote: »

Everytime he says something like that now I always think of you lot screaming AH FFS!!!! :mad: at the radio :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

That was a big compliment Daniel Day Lewis paid him by saying he liked the show.
    I lost a little respect for him today.

That was a big compliment Daniel Day Lewis paid him by saying he liked the show.
    I lost a little respect for him today.

I know! :( Why Daniel, why?!! I think he was just being nice to be honest. Can't imagine him honestly listening to the show really can you?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Oh hai wrote: »

I know! :( Why Daniel, why?!! I think he was just being nice to be honest. Can't imagine him honestly listening to the show really can you?! :confused:
    I suppose, when he's on the down low in Wicklow, no more than ourselves, what's his alternative?!

Seems like a very sound man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

They are both short arses, its the only thing they have in common.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I was talking to someone in work today and I think subconsciously listening to Ray, anyway one of the ladies on the show said " you need to send it in jpeg format" Ray quick as a flash goes "ah your after losing them there now" I involuntarily blurted out ah your such a cnut, before I could even apologise to my workmate he echoed the sentiment about Ray.

He really must think all his listeners are morons that need him to explain every little thing in syllables.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I was talking to someone in work today and I think subconsciously listening to Ray, anyway one of the ladies on the show said " you need to send it in jpeg format" Ray quick as a flash goes "ah your after losing them there now" I involuntarily blurted out ah your such a cnut, before I could even apologise to my workmate he echoed the sentiment about Ray.

He really must think all his listeners are morons that need him to explain every little thing in syllables.

I dont normally stick up for Ray, but I think that was fair enough of him to be honest. I know a fair few people who have no idea what a Jpeg file is.

Interview with Daniel day lewis was good. He comes across as such a classy bloke. I heard he places more value on the award he won from wicklow athletic club than he does on his 2 oscars.

tunguska wrote: »
    I dont normally stick up for Ray, but I think that was fair enough of him to be honest. I know a fair few people who have no idea what a Jpeg file is.

Interview with Daniel day lewis was good. He comes across as such a classy bloke. I heard he places more value on the award he won from wicklow athletic club than he does on his 2 oscars.

Fair enough but the man often does it, just assumes we dont have the intellect to understand things on our own. Yeah I would agree with you about Daniel Day Lewis, class act and a real gentleman.

Fair enough but the man often does it, just assumes we dont have the intellect to understand things on our own. Yeah I would agree with you about Daniel Day Lewis, class act and a real gentleman.

I dont listen on a regular basis(used to)so thats fair enough, didnt realise he was at it all the time. Big coup for him there by Daniel Day saying he liked the show. Wonder if he was just being polite?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm so gone off D'Arcy at this point that I'm willingly listening to Tubridy... *shudder*

I think I need to just stop listening completely for a while, hopefully come back and be less irritated by his habits in the new year or something... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

it sounds like ray is dead set on breaking his own record of most interruptions in am interview.roisin shortall can't get a word in

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Roisin is certainly not holding back...

budget decisions being made by non elected officials
    behind closed doors
    mostly men
    agenda to protect the rich

id say Ray is salivating at this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

mr bungle. wrote: »
    it sounds like ray is dead set on breaking his own record of most interruptions in am interview.roisin shortall can't get a word in

Interruptions or not he is still getting a lot of interesting information from her which is good

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Interruptions or not he is still getting a lot of interesting information from her which is good

Yeah but he would have gotten a lot more from her had he allowed her to speak for any lenght of time. I've never heard somebody interrupt so much. Roisin shorthall was very patient

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kate08

Use to listen to it most mornings if I didn't have lectures but i've gone off him. He just comes across narcissistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

tunguska wrote: »
    Yeah but he would have gotten a lot more from her had he allowed her to speak for any lenght of time. I've never heard somebody interrupt so much. Roisin shorthall was very patient

In fairness I don't think he could of got much more out of her,although I do agree he interrupts quite frequently, still she opened up more to Ray than a lot of other interviews she has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Today Ray declared that it was a day that he wished he was at home, cuddling up to his daughter on the couch watching a Christmas movie. After listening to the show, I too wished he had spent the day at home on the couch.

D'arcy is a bit like Fine Gael. ****e, but the best of a bad lot.

Today Ray declared that it was a day that he wished he was at home, cuddling up to his daughter on the couch watching a Christmas movie. After listening to the show, I too wished he had spent the day at home on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

BPKS wrote: »

I have little bets with myself on how soon it will take before he sighs or mentions his kids. The fastest I recall was a sigh at 30 seconds in with a mention of the kids at the 1 minute 20 mark earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mountain

I have little bets with myself on how soon it will take before he sighs or mentions his kids. The fastest I recall was a sigh at 30 seconds in with a mention of the kids at the 1 minute 20 mark earlier this week.

I am looking forward to the 21st Dec, to see whether he tells the story about the man in RTE, who on the 21st Dec, goes around telling everyone, 'grand stretch in the evenings'
    Im sure i have heard him tell it about 3 or 4 years in a row.

mountain wrote: »
    I am looking forward to the 21st Dec, to see whether he tells the story about the man in RTE, who on the 21st Dec, goes around telling everyone, 'grand stretch in the evenings'
    Im sure i have heard him tell it about 3 or 4 years in a row.

He told it this morning:D

I also hear he is doing the school around the corner which will air over Christmas.

This is the way I can see it going:

Ray: Hello Tommy, how old are you?

Tommy: 6

Ray: I have a six year old daughter Kate. She says the funniest things........................................................................

[4 minutes later of Ray talking about his kids]

Ray: Well thank you Tommy and have a happy Christmas.

I didn't listen the last few days and listened back to his podcast with the Home and Away actor lastnight. The guy's name was Stephen Peacocke but he kept calling him by his character's name, Brax. I thought that was so rude, at least get his name right ffs! Not only that but because the guy is coming over here basically on a nightclub tour of Ireland Ray obviously didn't have any interest in him and had a real roll eyes attitude with him I thought. I don't watch Home and Away or have any clue who the guy is but I felt really sorry for him because he seemed sound.

I listened to Tubridy again this morning for my sins. At least even if he's not all that interested in his guests he's polite and acts interested. For someone that would never miss a show before I've just lost faith in D'Arcy completely. He's turned in to a cranky know it all old git. Apart from Tubridy though there's no one else to listen to at that time really. I wish they'd give Sean Moncrief the breakfast show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Oh hai wrote: »
    I didn't listen the last few days and listened back to his podcast with the Home and Away actor lastnight. The guy's name was Stephen Peacocke but he kept calling him by his character's name, Brax. I thought that was so rude, at least get his name right ffs! Not only that but because the guy is coming over here basically on a nightclub tour of Ireland Ray obviously didn't have any interest in him and had a real roll eyes attitude with him I thought. I don't watch Home and Away or have any clue who the guy is but I felt really sorry for him because he seemed sound.

I listened to Tubridy again this morning for my sins. At least even if he's not all that interested in his guests he's polite and acts interested. For someone that would never miss a show before I've just lost faith in D'Arcy completely. He's turned in to a cranky know it all old git. Apart from Tubridy though there's no one else to listen to at that time really. I wish they'd give Sean Moncrief the breakfast show!

I totally agree with you! I didn't want to come and have a go because I didn't hear the full interview, but caught the last 2 minutes and found him so rude that it bordered on hostile. And the fact he kept calling him Brax was a little disrespectful to the point where I thought there might have been a row earlier in the interview, but there wasn't. The simple fact of the matter was that Ray had zero interest in the subject matter so he didn't give a shït and as a result the interview was unprofessional and unenjoyable as a result. Pathetic. Even after Will told him that Home and Away was a huge ratings winner for RTE2, he couldn't have cared less.

Felt sorry for the Steve lad and the missus was so excited to hear him on Irish radio but even she said that Ray made the nightclub tour seem cheap and pointless. I'm just about sticking the show as I only hear less than 2 hours nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

i stopped listening few months ago. not worth it, he used to make my morning feel like crap so i switched off. same thing from him, just rude.

tomorrow, ray- that brax lad was awful to interview. worse interview i ever HAD to do. who was he anyways? i bet he doesnt have a morgage or children. at least he is lucky to be leaving the country..... bull bull bull shhit

• Advertisement

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I totally agree with you! I didn't want to come and have a go because I didn't hear the full interview, but caught the last 2 minutes and found him so rude that it bordered on hostile. And the fact he kept calling him Brax was a little disrespectful to the point where I thought there might have been a row earlier in the interview, but there wasn't. The simple fact of the matter was that Ray had zero interest in the subject matter so he didn't give a shït and as a result the interview was unprofessional and unenjoyable as a result. Pathetic. Even after Will told him that Home and Away was a huge ratings winner for RTE2, he couldn't have cared less.

Felt sorry for the Steve lad and the missus was so excited to hear him on Irish radio but even she said that Ray made the nightclub tour seem cheap and pointless. I'm just about sticking the show as I only hear less than 2 hours nowadays.

Have to agree, I have no idea who the guy is but he sounded friendly and engaging. Ray on the other hand was so dismissive of him it bordered on passive aggressive, and then at the end he goes to town on the texts...Brax is my no strings, oh Brax I sooooo would, six foot eight trucker here and if Brax was a bike I would ride him to work etc etc etc. I find the texts the most cringe worthy and when he says "do ya know what a no strings is?" I want to stick my head in a blender........or his:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement