Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

haha asking how much a young about 7 year old got from the tooth fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

All joking aside, those kids were brilliant and I would love to see the programme showing how their lives turned out, seriously though Ray and his obsession with money WTF ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I finally switched off Darcy for last time. If ray was to listen to the radio he would not listen to this drivel. Sick of him talking about his kid (see he sneaked her on on the act over Xmas)....I used paly a little rugby (gimme a break, and and asking famous chefs "did ye ever try it this way?, and the accent finally got to me Dublin/Doblin , Donkey/Dunkey, Love/Lawv.
    A couple of weeks ago, two grown men discussing Skinny jeans??, and yet he has suggested in the past men of a certain age should not wear jeans or trousers with side packets, ie combats...he has turnmed in to a real condescending control freak, cracks a crap joke and the asks Mairead.."did ye see what I did there?"..its real his way or the highway, recently he got very indignant when someone suggested he spoke with an accent. He slags of "The Rose" and then goes on the bainisteor crap

• Registered Users Posts: 21,020 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I finally switched off Darcy for last time. If ray was to listen to the radio he would not listen to this drivel. Sick of him talking about his kid (see he sneaked her on on the act over Xmas)....I used paly a little rugby (gimme a break, and and asking famous chefs "did ye ever try it this way?, and the accent finally got to me Dublin/Doblin , Donkey/Dunkey, Love/Lawv.
    A couple of weeks ago, two grown men discussing Skinny jeans??, and yet he has suggested in the past men of a certain age should not wear jeans or trousers with side packets, ie combats...he has turnmed in to a real condescending control freak, cracks a crap joke and the asks Mairead.."did ye see what I did there?"..its real his way or the highway, recently he got very indignant when someone suggested he spoke with an accent. He slags of "The Rose" and then goes on the bainisteor crap
    i'm not a fan but that's just the kildare accent...throw in "can of cawk" and "slice of tawst"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bopidyboo

He has said the words "Fifty Shades of Grey" at least seven times already this year!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Does he f**k up with the technology everyday? "Oh, somethings happened here..." "that wasn't meant to happen" "What that doing there"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

what is he doing signing heavily and such....does he not believe yer man or just being a dick?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Does anyone else think he is being very dismissive of the hypnotist that is on at the moment? He keeps doing that irritating deep sigh that he always does. I find that Ray is very intolerent of anything that he doesn't believe in or hasn't experienced. I have no problem with an interviewer challenging a guest, but there is a difference between an intellegent, challenging question and being downright rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Does he f**k up with the technology everyday? "Oh, somethings happened here..." "that wasn't meant to happen" "What that doing there"?

He did it yesterday too. He was telling some story (can't remember what it was about as yesterday was a tough day!) and it required him to play about 3 short clips. On the third clip he pressed the wrong button and played an ad jingle. Then he made a mess of things again today. Seriously, how difficult is it to press the right buttons?

I was half listening to the hypnotist guy today so I only really got the basic jist of what was being said. I did manage to hear a lot of sighs though, and a reference to his daughter talking about the voices in her head.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Ah Nidge's missis on now, yes yes yes!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

New Year's Resolution, stop listening to Ray D'Arcy! I turned on the radio and it was already on Today Fm, he mentioned babies immediately and I turned it off, aaaahhhhhh, it felt good. Must find a new default station for 2013!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Back to asking guests questions about money again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Ah Nidge's missis on now, yes yes yes!!!!!
    That should appeal to his normal listenership

Lelantos wrote: »
    That should appeal to his normal listenership

Now Now keep it festive!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Now Now keep it festive!;)
    I did! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Poor ould Ray, he still operates under the false assumption that he is the voice of his listeners. He wrongly believes he can speak for everyone who listens to his show and thats the major turn off for me. And he does it in the smugest of ways, as if nobody could articulate it better than him.

Used to think this was a really good show, but Darcy has disappeared up his own h*le. Some will say that if a show gets "too popular" then it will attract criticism but I don't accept that argument here, Darcy needs to tone down the self righteousness and concentrate on presenting his show without it becoming a vehicle for self promotion and his own ego.

There are occasional moments on unintentional comedy though (which is always the best), when Ray has a guest with an opposing view to his own. Ray is the type of bloke who again wrongly assumes he is always the smartest man in the room. When the guest is clearly getting the upper hand due to superior intellect, Ray really struggles to articulate what he is trying to say and you can hear him getting befuddled. Its the moment he realises his limitations too :D

Ha, swore yesterday I would never listen to Ray again, but looking at these posts, it might be better craic to listen and post criticisms ( constructive of course). I mean, what are the alternatives?? Kenny? Tubridy?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

ncmc wrote: »
    Does anyone else think he is being very dismissive of the hypnotist that is on at the moment? He keeps doing that irritating deep sigh that he always does. I find that Ray is very intolerent of anything that he doesn't believe in or hasn't experienced. I have no problem with an interviewer challenging a guest, but there is a difference between an intellegent, challenging question and being downright rude.

Too right. I had the radio on for 10 mins today while driving in the car. Don't normally listen to daytime radio. He came across as dismissive and rude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

He kept saying "It's not going to be for everyone Brian". Meaning, it's not for me Brian.

Getting very sick of Darcy. If anyone finds something better to listen to between 9-12am please share. I'll give him another week or so then I'm going to CD's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mountain

Synode wrote: »
    He kept saying "It's not going to be for everyone Brian". Meaning, it's not for me Brian.

Getting very sick of Darcy. If anyone finds something better to listen to between 9-12am please share. I'll give him another week or so then I'm going to CD's

Its surprising that he took that attitude with him
    before the interview he was saying how Brian had helped out listeners with phobias before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

And hasn't he a blurb in the book - something like I don't know how it works but it does.

I heard he had "Nidges missus" from Lawv/hate (as he says) on was goin on about her "northside accent". A couple of weeks ago, he had "Fran" from Love/Hate on again commented "yer Northside accent/charecter is the complete opposite of what you are like in the flesh" .I would love to know exactly what he means by this (the chap who plays Fran is from rathfarnham and does a very good job) and where its goin?? I have watched and enjoyed Love/Hate and as far as I can determine...it is not based Northside, it seems to be all over Dublin, North, South and West. The Fran giuy lives up a mountain, i.e NOT Northside. Ray lives Southside as far as I know, and is probably closer to Frans place than the Northside is Haha.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I heard he had "Nidges missus" from Lawv/hate (as he says) on was goin on about her "northside accent". A couple of weeks ago, he had "Fran" from Love/Hate on again commented "yer Northside accent/charecter is the complete opposite of what you are like in the flesh" .I would love to know exactly what he means by this (the chap who plays Fran is from rathfarnham and does a very good job) and where its goin?? I have watched and enjoyed Love/Hate and as far as I can determine...it is not based Northside, it seems to be all over Dublin, North, South and West. The Fran giuy lives up a mountain, i.e NOT Northside. Ray lives Southside as far as I know, and is probably closer to Frans place than the Northside is Haha.
    ....a large amount of people from outside dublin think the native dublin accent is the northside accent. I only figured this out recently when a friend from galway was talking about Northsiders on the luas...i asked her how she knew they were from the northside and she described the accent, which to me was a "dublin accent".

....a large amount of people from outside dublin think the native dublin accent is the northside accent. I only figured this out recently when a friend from galway was talking about Northsiders on the luas...i asked her how she knew they were from the northside and she described the accent, which to me was a "dublin accent".

And some of the worst D4 accents are in Howth and Clontarf

And some of the worst D4 accents are in Howth and Clontarf
    and wicklow!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Pebbles81

Have been listening to the Ray Darcy show for years and he has started to grate on me lately (would still call myself a fan)

But he really annoyed me this morning with his pontificating on the subject of how to manage a babys sleeping habits.

Basically the way he and Jenny are doing it is the proper way and any other method is wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinion but Jesus why could he not just say, that method works for them and leave it at that!

Has anyone guessed I'm an exhausted new mother, not impressed that he's implying that it's my own fault! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

You must be overly sensitive!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ray as prepared as every during this Graham Linehan interview, akward but funny (albeit unintenionally)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The long sighs over the hypnotist yesterday were wrecking my head, if he doesn't agree with his guest or what they stand for they are just dismissed straight away

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement