Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Pebbles81

You must be overly sensitive!
    Yeah I reckon it's the lack of sleep:)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭purrrfect1

New Year's Resolution, stop listening to Ray D'Arcy! I turned on the radio and it was already on Today Fm, he mentioned babies immediately and I turned it off, aaaahhhhhh, it felt good. Must find a new default station for 2013!

I switched off Ray a good while back....( I still follow this thread though, just for a laugh) I expect to be entertained not lectured to!

I now listen to Ken Bruce on BBC Radio 2 from 9.30 - 12:00 - he is so sarcastic, but entertaining, and he plays my type of music!! I also manage to catch a bit of Chris Evans on his breakfast show which finishes just before Ken.... He is brilliant. A real pro. Never a dull moment allowed.

I highly recommend.

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Yeah I decided after that Home and Away actor that I was going to switch off his royal rudeness but I still follow this thread too! :D

Definitely agree with Chris Evans, have always been a big fan. Haven't heard Ken Bruce so must give him a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Is Jenny back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

fifi234ie wrote: »
    Is Jenny back yet?
    No she’s not back yet, I remember when she was leaving on Maternity, he said she wouldn’t be back for nearly a year, so that would bring it up to around May or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 pete4355

well this morning was the last straw for me listening to him tutting and sighing about a woman who choice to leave money to an animal charity rather than doing what he would do and leave it to SVP. He just rubs me up the wrong way constantly, I for one want Anton Savage to take over, he is a breath of fresh air, I know I can enjoy a tut and sigh free morning with Anton who knows how to interview guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Feck sake Ray!! The Solicitor said he can't talk about it so stop talking about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

He has some baby advice 'expert' on and she is in Austrailia.Terrible delay on the line.She mentioned that she grew up in Killiney,I'll bet she's a mate of Jenny. Is there any other reason he has to talk to someone who's in Austrailia? There's no shortage of these chancers in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mountain

pete4355 wrote: »
    well this morning was the last straw for me listening to him tutting and sighing about a woman who choice to leave money to an animal charity rather than doing what he would do and leave it to SVP. He just rubs me up the wrong way constantly, I for one want Anton Savage to take over, he is a breath of fresh air, I know I can enjoy a tut and sigh free morning with Anton who knows how to interview guests.

have to agree with you, he managed to turn a nice positive story into a negative one.
    Then he kept asking the woman who found the money, how much did she find, was it over a hundred, was it a nice round figure?

ffs ray,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Dear God this Anton love in is nearly as annoying as Rays technical mishaps.
    I would rather Ray warts and all to the bland safe boring Anton altough as I have said before he comes across as a really pleasant individual just too tame for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

He just can't refer to his daughter without giving her age.
    What's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pete4355

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Dear God this Anton love in is nearly as annoying as Rays technical mishaps.
    I would rather Ray warts and all to the bland safe boring Anton altough as I have said before he comes across as a really pleasant individual just too tame for me.

Wouldnt say i'm part of any Anton love in, its just refreshing to hear someone other than Mr Tut and Sigh every morning, conducting proper interviews and doing 2 hours of radio without the daily technical issues, going over the same issues but no actually doing or offering anything constructive.

The way he commented about this womans bequest this morning was typical of him, so what if she wanted to leave her money to an animal charity lord knows they need all the help they can get as could any charity in these times and its was her choice, but no he couldnt just relay the story he had to give us the big sigh and the if it was me I would have done this /she should have done that line. time for a change Today FM, same with Tony Fenton, (dont get me started on him!)

And before anyone says change the station I work in an office so have to go with whats on to a certain degree not that theres much alternative on RTE / Newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

I think TodayFM/Newstalk should do a telethon swap, where Ray does George Hook's show,
    Sean Moncrieff does Ray's show,
    Anton can do Sean's show (with Will as his sidekick ;)).

Sean is a really capable interviewer and blends the serious and the fun really well.
    I don't listen to George's show, so would be glad of the break from Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

The man has lost all credibility, he berates other shows constantly but dedicates fifteen minutes of his own show to a subject he refers to as arsing!!

The whole show is complete arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

Brief synopsis of this thread:

Poster - 'My life is so ****. I know I'll criticise everything a radio personality does on air and that will fix things.... Dam it still ****... must criticise more'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Paracore wrote: »

Poster - 'My life is so ****. I know I'll criticise everything a radio personality does on air and that will fix things.... Dam it still ****... must criticise more'

Brief synopsis of this post:

My life is so ****. I know I'll criticise everything other posters say, despite them being 100% valid complaints etc etc etc.

How about offering a defence instead of attacking every poster in one sweeping generalisation? I have seen very little that isnt true in this thread.

Professional stuff from Bore-ead today. First of all shes turns up hungover. Then a conversation with Ray went something like this:

Bore-ead: Do you like my eyebrows?
    Ray: Well I couldn't really say now could I?
    Bore-ead: Yes you can! I don't mind what you think!
    Ray: Well they do make you look a bit surprised!
    Bore-ead: No they don't!!! I think they look lovely!

Vain, self centred and spastic spring to mind...
    Plus the fact he a grumpy old dry ****e too.
    Shown up today for exactly what she is - a spastic attention seeker.

What am I missing ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

That my friends, is called an arse-whuppin'! Kudos Mr. Weston!

Very clever Mr.Weston but at the same time not so much! As you'll see (from your extensive research) those were posted quite a number of months ago. You see I have warmed to the red Mairead recently and managed to mellow myself a bit. Perhaps you could do the same or else take up a healthier hobby than slating a radio personality on a weekly/fortnightly basis.

Oh so its 100% valid just because you say so? I never got that memo from you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Stop posting Paracore before you make an even bigger fool of yourself

Very clever Mr.Weston but at the same time not so much! As you'll see (from your extensive research) those were posted quite a number of months ago. You see I have warmed to the red Mairead recently and managed to mellow myself a bit. Perhaps you could do the same or else take up a healthier hobby than slating a radio personality on a weekly/fortnightly basis.

Paracore I aint even mad

http://i.imgur.com/C9aUd.gif

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Oh so its 100% valid just because you say so? I never got that memo from you?

Are you now arguing with yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

now now girls stop arguing. ray Darcy is a consummate professional
    stop eject stop eject stop eject

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

today on the show *sigh* we are talking about bullying *sigh* will it ever end on boards about me.
    who owns boards. this needs to stop!
    i know kate and tom are young, great fun, tom is talking and kate ask 1million questions a day, where was i, oh yaya, bullying on...
    wait we'll go to the news.. stop stop thats a song wrong button. eject eject.
    who was in my studio

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

fifi234ie wrote: »
    I think TodayFM/Newstalk should do a telethon swap, where Ray does George Hook's show,
    Sean Moncrieff does Ray's show,
    Anton can do Sean's show (with Will as his sidekick ;)).

Sean is a really capable interviewer and blends the serious and the fun really well.
    I don't listen to George's show, so would be glad of the break from Ray.

I'd be so happy if Sean Moncrieff did a radio show. On any station. I rarely get to listen to him at the time he's on :(

Bazmo - If you had read back you would have seen exactly who that post was for but I suspect you are too busy rating knives or whatever it is you do for fun.

Bazmo - If you had read back you would have seen exactly who that post was for but I suspect you are too busy rating knives or whatever it is you do for fun.

25280285.jpg

Ray really should've done his research before he went on his rant...
    A woman who left €500,000 in her will to animal welfare in Limerick is the same person who bequeathed €7 million to the Barretstown Camp in Co Kildare, founded by the late film actor Paul Newman, it has emerged.

Elizabeth Burke, the former owner of Stackallan Stud in Co Meath, who lived on Ailesbury Road, Dublin 4, died on October 20th, 2011, leaving an estate valued at €12,309,728.

Mrs Burke had requested €500,000 be given to the RSPCA Limerick branch, which no longer exists. Her solicitor referred the matter to the Commissioners for Charitable Donations and Bequests, which decided the money would go to Limerick Animal Welfare and the Limerick Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

What a f*cking joke, actually live 'testing' crisps in studio. Along with non-alcoholic beer. How did they think people would enjoy listening to crunching and slurping on the radio?? Was it that hard to do the tasting off-air and go in-depth on the results on-air? F*ck off. I'm gone, had enough of him now. Back to Barry Dunne I go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement