Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

all she's there for is her lipgloss and her tits.she knows how to buy a movie ticket I'd say that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Synode wrote: »
    Didn't see any of them. Was it that bad?

Didn't see it myself paper just said audience figures dreadful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I apologise for the above comment it was UN constructive. The movie show was god awful and our Mairead was even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The more I listen to the show, the more I reckon Darcy lurks on this thread and is now starting to take the piss out of the people who post here!

He was interviewing two American women today who have written some book on dating. He kept interrupting them and was very dismissive of most things they had to say. Then at the end of the interview he said "I have a daughter and she is 6".

And all this came 20 minutes after he f-d up playing the first song (followed by a big sigh)>

The more I listen to the show, the more I reckon Darcy lurks on this thread and is now starting to take the piss out of the people who post here!

He was interviewing two American women today who have written some book on dating. He kept interrupting them and was very dismissive of most things they had to say. Then at the end of the interview he said "I have a daughter and she is 6".

And all this came 20 minutes after he f-d up playing the first song (followed by a big sigh)>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Well he ain't doing himself any favours if he's at that carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Neeson wrote: »
    Well he ain't doing himself any favours if he's at that carry on.

True, if he wanted to play games with a few users on a forum it would make more sense for him to quit being an annoying presenter through all the sighing, blaming his microphone and not being able to find the eject button every half an hour. It's an awful pity Moncrieff isn't on a 9am -12pm morning show. He'd make bits of whats currently on between those times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yeah that would be great. Moncrieff from 10am to 1pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

BPKS wrote: »

I sincerely doubt that the opinion of a bunch of nobodies bothers him. I suspect that 6 figure sum he earns a year is somewhat comforting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Paracore wrote: »
    I sincerely doubt that the opinion of a bunch of nobodies bothers him. I suspect that 6 figure sum he earns a year is somewhat comforting.

This is totally Ray posting :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Paracore wrote: »

I have a feeling they do bother him not a lot maybe but he strikes me as a man that doesn't like anything that he would perceive as being negative said about him.

In relation to that 6 figure sum he earns, he should really be counting his lucky stars there because IMO he isn't worth it. There's better presenters out there at the moment and I doubt they'd be getting a quarter of what he's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

Did Ray just hang up on Danny Healy Rae there??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

ha go on ray.

healy rae what an ape.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Very professional Ray!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yip ! (edit, yip for cutting him off, not on the professional comment).

The Healy-Raes are absolute morons, there was no way you could have any reasonable debate with either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

niamh1975 wrote: »
    Did Ray just hang up on Danny Healy Rae there??

Yep - not sure why he invited him on. Sure he knew how Danny was going to answer the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Synode wrote: »
    Yeah that would be great. Moncrieff from 10am to 1pm

I like the content of his show but his voice cuts right thru me like a fork being dragged along a plate:

"Today eh uh ah agh we have eh a new eh ah age scientist from eh uh ah Zambia"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Yip ! (edit, yip for cutting him off, not on the professional comment).

The Healy-Raes are absolute morons, there was no way you could have any reasonable debate with either of them.

I thought that was pretty shameful from Ray. Yes, Healy-Rae (I never heard of this one before) is a twit for making such a proposal but everyone deserves a bit of courtesy, particularly when you're invited on to a radio program to discuss something.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I have two problems with the interview with Healy-Rae this morning.

1 - Why give this gobsh1te the time in the first place to air his stupid idea that he (and the 4 other councellors that voted for it) knows have no chance of ever being implemented and only gives his kudos with some of the people who may vote for him in the next election.

2 - Once you do decide to give him time, then why not let him talk. Shouting at him and then cutting him off was very unprofessional. I wonder was Ray only trying to make sure he'd be in the tabloids tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

That’s just the straw that broke the camels back for me. I have officially switched Ray off.

Yes, Healy – Rae is a moron, yes, the proposal is ridiculous, but why invite him on in the first place if you are going to hang up on him? Healy – Rae is such an idiot, that a skilled interviewer could have created a really funny interview by giving H-R enough rope to hang himself. Hanging up on him is just arrogance and rudeness of the highest degree. Worse again are the sycophants texting in praising Ray for what he did.

It’s a sad state of affairs when I’m listening to Cork Red FM rather than that idiot. So long Ray, I’ll really miss your deep sighs, your constant playing the wrong song “eject, eject” and your ability to make an interview with even the funniest comedian an awkward silence filled cringe fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Jeez whats your problems. He done right, bring him on and make an ass out of him because thats what he and all the T.D's & councillers are in the country.
    That boy wouldnt be looking for a permit if one of his family members were killed by a drink driver, he should be f**ked out of his position. Good man RAY:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

ncmc wrote: »
    That’s just the straw that broke the camels back for me. I have officially switched Ray off.

Yes, Healy – Rae is a moron, yes, the proposal is ridiculous, but why invite him on in the first place if you are going to hang up on him? Healy – Rae is such an idiot, that a skilled interviewer could have created a really funny interview by giving H-R enough rope to hang himself. Hanging up on him is just arrogance and rudeness of the highest degree. Worse again are the sycophants texting in praising Ray for what he did.

It’s a sad state of affairs when I’m listening to Cork Red FM rather than that idiot. So long Ray, I’ll really miss your deep sighs, your constant playing the wrong song “eject, eject” and your ability to make an interview with even the funniest comedian an awkward silence filled cringe fest.

This would actually encourage me to listen to him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

fiestaman wrote: »
    Jeez whats your problems. He done right, bring him on and make an ass out of him because thats what he and all the T.D's & councillers are in the country.
    But that's the thing, Ray didn't make an ass out of him, he made an ass out of himself. It was just so contrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

This interview with Gary Kirwin is making my blood boil - Ray is being very hard on him for putting on 12lbs over Christmas...the guy will lose it again. 12lb is a drop in the ocean when you see that in the last 2 years he lost 16 stone, its a little over 5% gain on what he lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

BaZmO* wrote: »
    But that's the thing, Ray didn't make an ass out of him, he made an ass out of himself. It was just so contrived.

I have to admit from the moment Ray started to speak I knew he would end up cutting him off, but I can understand how someone would get wound up over the Healy Raes. One thing Ray should have explored was the fact that in rural Ireland especially in the older generation there is a certain amount of acceptance for drink driving as a lot of single men live on their own and use the pub as their social outlet,not saying this is right however should have been discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Agree. Well he was able hit play as soon as he hung up on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Ray is a dope. up until a year ago you could legally have 2 pints and drive home anyway. Ray made himself out to be a rude prick in my opinion. even if your man HR was a total inbred moron you still should be professional about it. this is my show and ill hang up if i want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

The review of public apologies was done on Dave Fanning on 2FM Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭iant

Listen up Danny Healy-Rae, Ray Darcy and all of Kerry. Its not Just the drink driving limit, we need to tackle the real Issue on Irelands roads.
    http://youtu.be/I6HXIuCocLM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Limerick91 wrote: »
    The review of public apologies was done on Dave Fanning on 2FM Saturday

That doesn't mean he's copying 2FM, it just shows that he's doing something topical. I actually like yer wan on the show. She always brings something interesting to talk about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement